I have noticed there are ballistic face masks that are to stop pistol rounds,buckshot and such.E-bay actually has 3 listed.Anybody actually ever see these?Are there ones made to use with glasses?The ones listed are not.Looks like a bad-ass black hockey mask :ph34r:

post-3915-1204339882_thumb.jpg

This is a picture of what clay looks like when it is protected by IIIA armor and shot with a .45 ACP HydraShok. I don't know about you but I would feel like that this would NOT be very helpful. You would still wind up with a broken skull. Try keeping your head down. :lolol:

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot16_2.htm

edited to add "NOT". My bad.

Edited by 1911

Well then...how about this?

post-5447-1204346114_thumb.jpg

Man...I can see the custom shark's teeth already!

Personally, I'd put a duckbill on there.

And who the hell comes up with this crap? If this thing is fielded you can forget about seeing anything by your feet or trying to look down at the ground.

Edited by GunnyR
Well then...how about this?

post-5447-1204346114_thumb.jpg

Man...I can see the custom shark's teeth already!

Personally, I'd put a duckbill on there.

And who the hell comes up with this crap? If this thing is fielded you can forget about seeing anything by your feet or trying to look down at the ground.

lol, look like a stormtrooper, I like the hocky mask one better, but if i'm gonna go armor, i'm gonna do it IRONMAN style =D hahahaha, body armor...who needs it anyways when u shoot someone 3 miles away with a 50.... :sadam::killer:

I once tested a military Aramid/kevlar vest against a telephone pole and 9mm, 115 grain FMJ,the bullet was stopped cold but the pole looked like someone nailed it with a heavy hammer blow.I like the shark teeth idea,would be great for Halloween! :rolleyes: I saw metal face armor in a book once about overseas swat teams.I wonder if that would be better or the round gets deflected into another part of your body ricochet style.....

The first one pictured looks like one I handled at a SOF convention some years back. Kinda picture in your mind an 8 pound kevlar hockey mask. The Russian "Gort" faceshield is titanium armor with a bullet-resistant glass viewport and is used by Spetsnaz and anti-terrorism security units.

maska_spetsnaz.jpg

My backpack's got jets

Well I'm Boba the Fett

Well I bounty hunt for Jabba Hutt

To finance my 'Vette

wicky wicky woo

Well I chill in deep space

A mask is over my face

Well I deliver the prize

But I still narrow my eyes

'Cause my time

I don't like to waste.

Get down

the helmet/facemask combo in the "Predator G1B" photo is effin ridiculous. with the vest and backpack on, you will look like a Ninja Turtle.

it's sad that headarmor has been so relatively under-developed. you give me a pencil, a piece of paper, materials and a budget- and i will design a helmet befitting the level of sophistication of our other arms systems. throw in a meatball sub sammich and i'll design a matching set of armor.

Whoa, I think my old man had that video years ago!!!!!!! I remember he had one with a guy stuffing phone books under his shirt and shooting himself with a few different revolvers. Later on he is shootng melons with a desert eagle. Pretty cool, I'll have to look for that one next time I go home...

Thanks for linking that!!!1