Saiga Abortion for sale

the ATF has been contacted

You are a gun owners worst nightmare, a gun owning ATF snitch!

Contacting GB is one thing. Contacting the FEDERAL GOVERMENT, the ATF, the same ATF that gun owners despise? Over a 922 violation?

You just turned one of your own (for a lame reason), over to the enemy!

You're a snitch.

I have to side with Vultite on this one, the guy has been warned that what he is selling is illegal, he hasnt removed or edited the ad, and by his unscrupulous practices he is risking jail time for the INNOCENT VICTIM who buys the gun without understanding what a 922r violation is. If the guy is willing to expose his customers to that risk, he sure as hell isnt one of MY own. I am all for free enterprise, but the guy at least ought to be upfront about the legal status of what he is trying to sell so that a potential buyer can make an informed decision.

Edited by soberups
where is this bad ass pawn shop that has all the saigas? all the pawn shops here in vegas have mosberg and lorkin .25's and chit like that.

Dude, right down the street from my place. The guy that runs the place is pretty awesome, he'll accept stuff with his FFL for free, and if you want to order something out of, say, Centerfire, he just charges you 10% over what they charge, which I think is totally reasonable. But for stuff off of gunbroker he doesn't charge you a dime.

One time my kel-tec su16 jammed up on me and I couldn't get the offending shell out, so I took it to him. He fixed it, then pulled a mag off a gun on the shelf, dug through a coffee can of bullets, pulled out a couple of .223, said "fire in the hole," and took the thing in the back of the store and shot it off. It was awesome. All these people in the store were ducking for cover.

dude...that is just nuts....not awesome....scary as hell. Call me crazy but i'm for responsible gun ownership.....and firing off rounds in back of the store is just irresponsible.

(i'm not saying don't have fun wiht your guns, but yikes man)

Edited by RangerM9
where is this bad ass pawn shop that has all the saigas? all the pawn shops here in vegas have mosberg and lorkin .25's and chit like that.

Dude, right down the street from my place. The guy that runs the place is pretty awesome, he'll accept stuff with his FFL for free, and if you want to order something out of, say, Centerfire, he just charges you 10% over what they charge, which I think is totally reasonable. But for stuff off of gunbroker he doesn't charge you a dime.

One time my kel-tec su16 jammed up on me and I couldn't get the offending shell out, so I took it to him. He fixed it, then pulled a mag off a gun on the shelf, dug through a coffee can of bullets, pulled out a couple of .223, said "fire in the hole," and took the thing in the back of the store and shot it off. It was awesome. All these people in the store were ducking for cover.

dude...that is just nuts....not awesome....scary as hell. Call me crazy but i'm for responsible gun ownership.....and firing off rounds in back of the store is just responsible.

(i'm not saying don't have fun wiht your guns, but yikes man)

+1.

Edited by 22_Shooter
yea, the guy is a moron, gunbroker said they would talk to him and make sure all weapons are compliant, but i somehow doubt they are enforcing anything, and of course, anyone contacting this guy via gunbroker account regarding compliancy, he doesn't reply, piss poor in my book. MY beef with him isn't the horrible job he did on that saiga, but the .308 saiga he's selling which is all orginial, with a POSP scope and hi cap mag (no conversion)

EDIT: this rifle for sale is interesting, so interesting that the ATF has been contacted about it so a definate answer regarding this "sniper setup" can come to a conclusion, he also is selling more then 1 that way....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=94274953

What he is doing isnt really any different from any of the online stores that sell hi-cap Saiga mags, or 30 round duckbill mags/folding/pistol grip stocks for SKS's. The gun itself is legal; the hicap mag is legal; its only a violation once the two are combined. I got boned at a gunshow when I bought my Saiga, I assumed that because the AWB had expired and the dealer had an FFL that the hicap mags he sold me with the gun were legal to use. My mistake for not reading up on 922r.

Yes and no.....

the person owns the gun already it is up to them to know the laws when converting it....and good sellers like tapco have whole sections on 922r compliance. Now take a gun seller, FFL'd fully aware of the regs and still knowingly selling an illegal weapon, already assembled in illegal configuration...that is a big F-ing problem. This is really very little different than a dealer knowingly selling an illegal machine gun....he knows its illegal....but he cares more about the money than sending himself or his buyers to jail.....

Selling diesel and fertilizer are both legal.......putting them together to make an explosive is not, selling the explosive is not legal.....does the farm supply company have to post a warning to not combine the two? (seriously i don't know, but i assume not)

As to the snitching allegations.....reporting the guy was the right move in my opinion. IF we want to keep our gun rights in the coming political climate we have to be law abiding citizens with them. I for one will give them no reason to take my rights away. God knows we have enough jagoffs shooting up malls, schools and families to provide fodder for the anti gun crowd. If you want to think that 922r compliance is not important, go ahead and risk your own rights and freedom. But don't risk someone else's freedom by selling illegal crap to them.

Responsible gun ownership means that we have to police our own sometimes. If we give them plenty or warning and ask them to correct their actions yet they choose to screw the customers and put the uninformed at risk of jail time, then i really don't think that turning them in is so wrong....are or protecting the public.

An individual who converts their own gun has the responsibility to know the law, ignorance of the law will not keep you out of jail. again....it is you responsibility and yours alone.....until you try to screw someone else.....

We have a community of hobbyiets/users that is under constant scrutiny....enjoy your hobby....enjoy it legally....give them no legitmate reason to knock on your door.

I want my hobby to be legit, to be embraced by society. I don't ever talk about my love of shooting with coworkers, the most i would do is admit to hunting. Being a shooting enthusiast is looked at as being a "gun nut".....not always good for the career.

Why is that?.......why is it that we have to defend gun rights? Because we have bad people out there breaking the laws with guns....killing people with guns.....giving all of us a bad name. The less gun related illegal actions we have, the better our hobby/sport will be....and the less harrasment we will have from government and the community.

One of the things i love about this place is that we pay attention to detail to keep each other out of trouble.... the naive show up ask questions, and it is nearly impossible to have such a thread without someone bringing up 922r and setting them straight......i'm guessing that we have one of the most law abiding groups of gun nuts on the web.....

i sent him a email wondering the legality of the gun and GB as well, it was a buddy of mine who happens to be a officer that put in the question

Don't forget he has been attempted to be contacted regarding the issue several times without a reply.

Good for you, glad to know there are GB-Police out there, scouring the globe for guns with legal infractions, to report to Federal authorities. You and your friend were in collusion, so it makes no difference which one of you actually dialed the numbers to ATF. In fact, I suspect you didn't have the balls to make the call, so you talked your cop buddy into making it for you.

a buddy of mine who happens to be a officer

BTW: Why was it necessary to include the profession of your "officer" buddy? If he was a ditch-digger, gas-station attendant, atty, fisherman, would you have included that bit of info?

Surely not!

You are as transparent as a bad politician. You are a Cop 'groupie'. You 'respect' the uniform. The uniform itself commands your respect. Instead of respecting people wearing the uniform individually, if deserved.

Hate to break this to you, but half the guys with a shield are pricks. Half break laws like everyone else, some big, some small. They are just everyday people in a position of quasi-power.

And fwiw, remember this, ANYONE can be a cop. No felonies, no drugs, you too can be a cop. You don't even need an education. Don't take much.

Some LEO deserve respect, some LEO don't. Just like everyone else, some people deserve it and some don't.

i'm just relaying, and he isn't "one of my own" and never will be. This guy makes the rest of "us" look bad for not paying attention to laws,

You are just some coward running around on the internet playing Cop. A Cop wanna be.

You know, during WW2 it was illegal to hide Jews. The law was they were to be rounded up and put in concentration camps, then eventually murdered.

Just cause it was the law, didn't mean it was right. But some do-gooders wold always turn in the families hiding the Jews, because they were breaking the law ;)

You must either agree with 922, to be turning this guy into the Feds, or you are so drunk with blind-love for Law-enforcement, that any law (right or wrong) needs to be enforced not only by officials, but also snitched out by civilians. Cop wannabes.

You should be proud of your service. Maybe some gay Cop will catch wind of this, and let you blow him in the patrol car. Wow!

He could at least state something about r922 on his auction but doesn't, and doesn't care to reply to anyone not bidding on his item.

Yeah he sure could. But maybe he doesn't understand all about 922. Or maybe he doesn't care.

I don't give a rats ass about this particular dealer. I could give a crap if he loses his license, in all honesty, I could care less if he dies of a heart attack tonight.

What I do care about is gun owners contacting ATF and turning in (meaning SUPPORTING) BS gun laws. The moment you turned in someone over 922, it meant you supported 922.

If you claim you don't support it, you only support all of our laws however ridiculous. Then my question to you is, speeding is illegal and more of a danger than a 922 violation. Do you cell-phone the police every time a car speeds past you. If no, why not?

So, since i'm a snitch, got anything you want me to snitch about? anything your hiding?

Sure, you and your "officer" buddy can snitch about whats "hiding" in my trunk.

vultite2.jpg

Edited by snoopdogg
SNOOP.... YOU MUST CHILL BRO!!!!!!

I HAVE NO CHOICE.... THIS IS YOUR LAST VERBAL........

No problem Jug. I just get a little 'hot' when people call ATF. Obviously, overly hot :(

Respectfully, I have said more than I wanted to say :devil: , I'll leave it alone.

Thanks

SD

Edited by snoopdogg

Tuff guy with a pic, impressive. Oh sorry, internet doesn't show sarcasm well, does it? Well, whatever you say doesn't really mean a damn thing to me, so i'll leave it at this. Too bad, get over it. ;)

Edited by Vultite
Snoop I hate snitches to bro. +1 for hating snitches

A "snitch" is someone who maliciously informs on another person for their own selfish gain. If you WARN somebody that their behavior is illegal, and they continue to engage in it anyway...thereby placing innocent victims at risk of being charged with a crime... it isnt snitching.

I think the whole 922r law is B.S., but it is STILL the law and it is WRONG for someone to sell an item that they KNOW could land the purchaser in jail. The seller should at least be honest with potential customers that the weapon he is trying to sell them isnt compliant. If he wont at least do that, he DESERVES to get snitched on as far as I'm concerned.

Ok, I got a question, if its illegal to own (possess), why is it not illegal to sell?????? It would have to be illegal to sell a non-922r compliant gun, right????

It probably IS illegal to sell, although I wouldnt be surprised if the guy gets around that by shipping the gun without that jury-rigged stock attached. The gun, the 30 round mag and the stock are all legal to possess as seperate components....its only a crime when you "assemble" them into a non-compliant firearm.

Edited by soberups

Kinda like how you can buy radar detectors in states where they are illegal to use. Or how I had my local shop tint my windows on my last car, WAY darker than the legal limit (I was stopped years back for my windows. The law here was that tinted windows had to let in 70% of the light or so. He slapped the meter on my window, and it only let in 30% :D ).

years ago centery arms sold non complyant ak's and had to recall all of them. they only needed one part to be complyant so they sold a mag with a us made base plate on it. and a sticker that said you had to use that mag.

yes it is illegal to sell non complyant ak's

but calling the atf

WTF man

peace through superior fire power