Some of the Adjustments being made

I honestly can't believe that you go into such detail. I don't think that a better drum could have been made by ANYONE. I know that the testing and improvements have taken time, but with the great communication and obviously awesome results it's sooo worth it. Can't wait to see the smoke colored covers.

The attention to detail youre putting into this drum is outstanding. As is your commitment to good communication throughout the process even when a select few can be such a PITA. I am sure you know it by now, but everyone here is extremely appreciative of your efforts.

As a side note, I am really hoping your most recent shipping ESTIMATE is close as that will put us into the middle of April. Just so you know, my birthday is April 28 ;) ;) and I cant think of a better present than to open up a brown box of beautiful (oh I forgot to mention FUNCTIONAL) MD Arms Drums.

Thanks again for the update and all the hard work to date,

-Brian

Edited by Bishop81

I wanted to go over the drop test results of the original bottom gear and revised bottom gear discussed and shown above.

With a drum loaded with Winchester Turkey loads (1 1/2 oz shot, about as heavy as rounds get in 2 3/4), the original bottom gear would crack on the first drop and break on the second drop. This is on flat concrete from about 4 1/2 feet. It was dropped so it would hit on the front edge of the drum where it starts wrapping around to the front. (Note that it was this specific drop that caused the break, other drops on different areas and even deflecting drops on the front edge didn't cause a break from many, many drops). But 1 drop cracking and 2 drops breaking was not acceptable at all for me. It would have to be dropped just right on a hard surface but it happens. Just like Murphy's law, I was shooting, a drum got knock off a table and hit just right on that surface. Got home and took it apart, sure enough the crack was there!

Here are the results for the revised gear. I dropped a drum with the same load and after 22 drops on the concrete just the same as the original test... not a crack or anything on the new gear (even under 10 times magnification there wasn't a crack or anything). A usas-12 gear broke after 16 drops. The breaks on the original gear and usas-12 gear was the same size and location. Eventually I am going to continue the test and try to break one of the new gears. It is crazy how much just 3.5 extra grams of material in the right spot made it that much stronger.

The break location on my original test gears was measuring .125 inches thick, the usas-12 gear was measuring .140 thick, and my revised gear is now measuring a little over .180 plus it has the bracing ribs.

View the pics above of the original and revised gear.

This drum should be ready for WAR by the time you finish testing and tweaking it! What a pleasant wait it is when I am filled in on the details of what is happening. Thank you Mike! Just be sure to get it to me before any demoncraps get into office. :eek:

Wha happens when you put it in a Microwave? Drop it in liquid nitrogen? and then toss it out of a C130 & 20K :lol:

Just Yankin you Mike

It shoots 10 hot rounds, 10 cold rounds wears a parachut......duhhhh :haha: :haha: It's the super secret ninja drum--it has powers that you can't even understand!

I wanted to go over the drop test results of the original bottom gear and revised bottom gear discussed and shown above.

With a drum loaded with Winchester Turkey loads (1 1/2 oz shot, about as heavy as rounds get in 2 3/4), the original bottom gear would crack on the first drop and break on the second drop. This is on flat concrete from about 4 1/2 feet. It was dropped so it would hit on the front edge of the drum where it starts wrapping around to the front. (Note that it was this specific drop that caused the break, other drops on different areas and even deflecting drops on the front edge didn't cause a break from many, many drops). But 1 drop cracking and 2 drops breaking was not acceptable at all for me. It would have to be dropped just right on a hard surface but it happens. Just like Murphy's law, I was shooting, a drum got knock off a table and hit just right on that surface. Got home and took it apart, sure enough the crack was there!

Here are the results for the revised gear. I dropped a drum with the same load and after 22 drops on the concrete just the same as the original test... not a crack or anything on the new gear (even under 10 times magnification there wasn't a crack or anything). A usas-12 gear broke after 16 drops. The breaks on the original gear and usas-12 gear was the same size and location. Eventually I am going to continue the test and try to break one of the new gears. It is crazy how much just 3.5 extra grams of material in the right spot made it that much stronger.

The break location on my original test gears was measuring .125 inches thick, the usas-12 gear was measuring .140 thick, and my revised gear is now measuring a little over .180 plus it has the bracing ribs.

View the pics above of the original and revised gear.

Very nice, Mike! Keep up the product improvement as I'd rather it be right than delivered yesterday. Man! You'll be able to use these drums for house clearing in Falluja or level 7 in Doom 3 whichever comes first. :killer:

When are you shipping?

This is not the MD website. Please do your homework. THe MD website says, "At this time we aren't offering any quantity or dealer discounts, sorry. We can't be certain yet but we expect to be able to ship around the end of April or early May. We are in the final stages and you can read reviews from independent people that have tested the drum at www.forum.saiga-12.com. Please read the terms page for more detail."

That is all the information anyone has. Thank you for your inquiry.

Edited by 1911
When are you shipping?

This is not the MD website. Please do your homework. THe MD website says, "At this time we aren't offering any quantity or dealer discounts, sorry. We can't be certain yet but we expect to be able to ship around the end of April or early May. We are in the final stages and you can read reviews from independent people that have tested the drum at www.forum.saiga-12.com. Please read the terms page for more detail."

That is all the information anyone has. Thank you for your inquiry.

Thanks, Not trying to bust balls.........Just wanted to see if there was any new information........

• 3 weeks later...

I did go to the MD web site, and didn't see that info. I thought to myself, 'self, if I had a product like that that was about to come out, I would put the information where everyone could find it really easy, so they wouldn't call or email me to ask about it'. And, since it's already 'late april or early may', I think it's a pretty good question.

Edited by eodinert
All of the info you seek is right here on these forums.

Yeah, you just have to weed through 100s of useless post to find it.

MD ARMS needs an area where only he and his elected spoken person can post updates and important info, Then maybe you wouldn't get the same question every few days

Edited by Gixser
Hi Mike,

This happens to be my first ever response/reply in any forum. This just happens to be so important that I can not keep myself from writing my question, which is... How do I get one of your drums for my 12 ga. Saiga?

Sherlauque

Believe the initial run is sold out but keep an eye on Mike's website: http://www.mdarms.com/Scripts/default.asp