Dealers to stay away from

I was recently overcharged (or so i'm told) for my saiga .308 ($400.00 with scope mount). I am opening this forum for fellow gun owners to inform others of places to be avoided. My rifle was bought at a gunshow from Trip Wire Military Antiques from Delevan, WI.

yep, i paid $400 for mine as well only to find a couple month later that i was also ripped off.

I paid $325 at a gun show for my 22" bbl wood stock 308. CDNN had them earlier for $280-300 but they were and have been out ever since. Yall paid for the availability of your firearm. My saiga is only the second wood stocked one I had ever seen, the first was bought by my Uncle.

Add my scope , POSP 4-8x42 @ $150, and the price just went to 475.

If you like your rifles and you traded fair then you should feel good about your purchase and study up for your next purchase.

The dealer had about $300 in the Saiga and mount and sold them for $400. He made 33% profit. At $400, you paid less than retail.

An 01FFL dealer cannot stay in business charging less than that unless they do a very high volume of sales. Shop around by phone. You may be able to find a dealer who'll sell you firearms for 10% above cost.

Allan Schisel

Edited by allanschisel

I just ordered a new 16" .308 Saiga from CDNN on Thursday. $250, plus $13 shipping, plus a $20 transfer fee to a local FFL=$283 OTD. I called a few weeks ago and was told that they have the 22" wood stock .308s for $270. I saw an excellent condition wood stocked 22" .308 at a local shop for $250 plus tax ($265 OTD) a few months ago. It was there for awhile and now it is gone. I prefer the 16" so I pasted on this one. :smoke:

NOW HEAR THIS, YOU WILL RARELY IF EVER GET A GOOD DEAL ON A FIREARM OF ANY SORT AT A GUNSHOW

the only good thing at a gunshow is ammo and possibly mags and holsters that is about it....any deal can be found on the internet...if your one of those guys that dont trust internet purchases, get over it....for a fool and his money will soon part.

Good deals ere where you find them! You need to know what you are looking at and what price you are willing to pay! Recently 2 of my sons picked up yugo SKS's the excellent ones with book for $129 OTD and before that I got a Star B in 9mm parabellum for $199 OTD. I have also seen S-12 for $500! (OUCH)

You will most likely only find a few good deals at a gun show, and maybe 1 great one!

G O B

"NOW HEAR THIS, YOU WILL RARELY IF EVER GET A GOOD DEAL ON A FIREARM OF ANY SORT AT A GUNSHOW"

And the reason lots of people don't buy C&R firearms from my website is they want to see and examine in person what they are purchasing. They only buy at gunshows.

I think you will find most of your good deals on the internet like Robgrandam said, but if you know your guns and get there early, there are lots of good deals at gunshows. Probably not on any new gun though, just C&Rs (curios and relics).

Allan Schisel

Edited by allanschisel
  • 2 weeks later...
:rolleyes: well i felt i got a decent deal when i got my saiga 308 16" at a gunshow.it was private sale 300 otd.was lookin all around for saiga 308's only saw .223 and 7.62x39 ones on tables.than my friend noticed one on a guys back with a for sale sign.and it was 308 one.so i jumped at it since it was the only 308 saiga i saw at that show.and i love the rifle,don't feel any bit of shame payin 300$ for it.they guy did say he fired maybe 50 rounds through it,but again it was the only one there in 308,and thats what i came there lookin for. :smoke:
  • 2 weeks later...
NOW HEAR THIS, YOU WILL RARELY IF EVER GET A GOOD DEAL ON A FIREARM OF ANY SORT AT A GUNSHOW

the only good thing at a gunshow is ammo and possibly mags and holsters that is about it....any deal can be found on the internet...if your one of those guys that dont trust internet purchases, get over it....for a fool and his money will soon part.

I did get a good deal on a 1911 a few years back... But that's a whole other story...

to get a deal, you gotta be a sucker. you also have to somehow play your act up so that you get a liquidation deal. search those, and ye will find that 600 dollar gun for 150.........or the mag that costs ya 150 is 75.......