$345 Budget get x39??

Been on here since Dec.

I have a check coming for $345 this week and spotted the x39 Saiga for apprx. $265.

Shipping is $25 and my FFL charges me $40 so I am within range to get this.

I want something accurate to 200-250 yards (6-8" groups or better). I wanted the 308 vers. but prices are up to about $450 +/- and if I don't get something when the money comes in I will more than likely BLOW it and regret it.

So, should I get the x39 and just be happy that I got my first Saiga??

What type of accuracy can I get from the x39?? Should I get the 16 or 20"?

Been on here since Dec.

I have a check coming for $345 this week and spotted the x39 Saiga for apprx. $265.

Shipping is $25 and my FFL charges me $40 so I am within range to get this.

I want something accurate to 200-250 yards (6-8" groups or better). I wanted the 308 vers. but prices are up to about $450 +/- and if I don't get something when the money comes in I will more than likely BLOW it and regret it.

So, should I get the x39 and just be happy that I got my first Saiga??

What type of accuracy can I get from the x39?? Should I get the 16 or 20"?

My advice if you're looking to save some money: I just got my x39 from www.classicarms.us for $249.99 and they charge actual shipping, which for me was only $13.

yeah, you may be able to find a better deal than that on a 7.62 x 39. Classic has 'em and so does Mississippi Auto Arms. Shop your FFL dealers too, many charge as little as $25. But you are in the ball park, and you won't regret a 7.62 purchase. The barrel length wont affect accuracy much, if any at all.

classic arms is out of stock, i called them yesterday and they gave me the bad news. Told me they would have them again on thursday-ish but probably not for the same price. Im guessing they will add 10$ or so. That would still be cheaper than any other place ive seen.

I'll keep an eye on Classic. I dealt with them before. Pretty good service.

Thanks. The other news is the Glock 30 (45) that was stolen with my car last July (day after my b-day) has been recovered. Going to pick up Monday.

Checked Gb most dealers are $30 around here. Just stick with my $40 range I guess.

What about the accuracy out to 250-yards??

gilberts guns has the 16" 7.62 in stock

I think I saw something in the news about them having a problem last month where the ATF came in and seized some firearms, why I do not remember but I am pretty sure I read that it was them.

The guy at the pawn shop doesn't charge me a dime, unless I order from centerfire, then he adds 10% of the actual purchase price. Private party sales are totally free though, I've got one of his FFL forms sitting by my computer just in case.

classicarms.us has dramatically increased their prices (75+) and keep a drum beat going cheap AKs are soon to be history. If prices keep going up like that doing a saiga conversion is a no brainer especially if saigas stay cheap.

I want another AK47 just so I will have two. The logic behind that want is weak so I am resisting but I am kicking myself from not getting what appeared to be a really nice Romy G build for 299 last month.

They have a 599 AR-15 I am curious about. Might have to pony up for that one.

After hearing that classic is out and the prices are going up I am happy that I purchased my first Saigas a week and a half ago from them. I couldn't decide between the x39 and the 223 so I just bought both figuring that prices were only going to go up. I can thank this forum for opening my eyes to the Saiga. It is my first rifle of my very own. I just wish it would get here it has been almost two weeks.

BTW I paid 250 and 260 for the guns shipping was $20 and the transfer for both guns was $35.

After hearing that classic is out and the prices are going up I am happy that I purchased my first Saigas a week and a half ago from them. I couldn't decide between the x39 and the 223 so I just bought both figuring that prices were only going to go up. I can thank this forum for opening my eyes to the Saiga. It is my first rifle of my very own. I just wish it would get here it has been almost two weeks.

BTW I paid 250 and 260 for the guns shipping was $20 and the transfer for both guns was $35.

same here! but i only got the x39 :chris: