Big news on flash suppressors

I just got back from the gun show today after speaking with Scott Gulledge of dpharms. He showed me a new muzzle attachment that sets in with two hardened set screws and has a locking collar. So far he has it in Phantom and AK74 style brakes. It has the AK74 style contour and looks like it is threaded on. These things look like they came on the gun from the factory, they don't look like an after thought add on. They also plan on making more styles as time goes on if they are a good seller. He said that they were set to start selling in a week or two and to watch the web site. He also informed me that they are to be in the $40 range, but that might change with the cost of production, but that is what they were shooting for. I got to see the prototype on a new Saiga and believe me I will be getting one as soon as they go on sale.

I just got back from the gun show today after speaking with Scott Gulledge of dpharms. He showed me a new muzzle attachment that sets in with two hardened set screws and has a locking collar. So far he has it in Phantom and AK74 style brakes. It has the AK74 style contour and looks like it is threaded on. These things look like they came on the gun from the factory, they don't look like an after thought add on. They also plan on making more styles as time goes on if they are a good seller. He said that they were set to start selling in a week or two and to watch the web site. He also informed me that they are to be in the $40 range, but that might change with the cost of production, but that is what they were shooting for. I got to see the prototype on a new Saiga and believe me I will be getting one as soon as they go on sale.

unless they work as well as a jtac, there will be a better option out there.

A Phantom roasts a Jtac in flash suppression but I am contemplating a http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd...mp;idproduct=37 since it both comps recoil and suppresses flash

you sure about that? aren't the barrel dimensions going to be off? i know x39 is BASICALLY a .308, i thought there were differences in barrel size?

"This FSC30 Tactical Compensator has all of the compensation of the standard DNTC308 compensator combined with enough flash suppression to keep the flash out of your optics and line of sight.

This unit is 2.75" in length, .960" in diameter and is threaded 5/8x24. We will be offering adapters for those with 1/2x28 threads. RH."

"PWS has developed a recoil compensator that not only lessens the recoil of your AK47, but does so without a significant increase in blast noise directed toward the shooter or individuals next to the shooter.

A high heat polymer washer is included for those needing to add a spacer between the front sight base and the compensator. This polymer ring is heat resistant up to 900 degrees.

This unit is 1.95" in length and .875" in diameter and is threaded 14x1 LH."

"This FSC47 Tactical Compensator is the version of the FSC for the AK47 in 14x1 LH. This unit has all of the compensation of the standard DNTC compensator and more compensation than the J-Tac47 now combined with enough flash suppression to keep the flash out of your optics and line of sight.

This unit is 2.10" in length, .865" (22mm) in diameter and is threaded 14x1 LH."

Edited by jailbait

I don't have any pictures unfortunately. And as far as function, the guys at dpharms know a lot about the benefits and limitations of the suppressors that are currently out, at least the phantom and assorted military styles. From what I got these were to be just like the 74, and phantom that are currently offered. There may be others out there that function better. As for what it would cost to put one on my Saiga and the cost of the parts involved, this is by far a better solution to me.

I don't have any pictures unfortunately. And as far as function, the guys at dpharms know a lot about the benefits and limitations of the suppressors that are currently out, at least the phantom and assorted military styles. From what I got these were to be just like the 74, and phantom that are currently offered. There may be others out there that function better. As for what it would cost to put one on my Saiga and the cost of the parts involved, this is by far a better solution to me.

I like the idea.....................and , the non-threaded aspect would be nice if you live in the no-no states for such a thing.

(What, those scratches on the tip of the barrel? I did that cleaning it.)

So there is a collar that just holds the set screws in?

They should have forgotten set screws and made a fixture that clamps around the FSB sleeve much like Dinzags front HG retainer clamps around the barrel.

Doesn't matter if the set screws don't back out, they still can get dragged out. Relying on only a little pin point for structural integrity makes me a skeptic :)

On a side note I just got my FSC47 in the mail. Kool looking piece. Will report back after I get Dinzag's threading kit in the mail and take it to the range.

I have shot several of these type of brakes off the ends of SKS's and Mosin M44, we are tlking downrange man!

The bolt-on concept is good for looks only. If a bolt-on brake were made to the tolerances needed to make it function properly, it would not allign with the bore perfectly, and get hit with bullets leaving the muzzle. The ones that stay on the barrel are built with a large hole diameter, so do not even function as a muzzle brake; just a heavy peice of metal hanging off your muzzle for looks. The look cheap IMHO anyway.

Do a search in the SKS and Mosin forums and you will not find one satisfied customer with bolt-on devices. Hell, even Dinzag stopped making them for these reasons.

Cut the front site block sleeve back with a $15 pipe cutter from Home Depot; looks 100 times better than the dremel method and does not cut into the barrel. Get 14mx1 LH die and a thread alignment tool and just thread the barrel. It takes 15 minutes MAX. Maybe you live near someone that can help?

• 1 month later...
I have shot several of these type of brakes off the ends of SKS's and Mosin M44, we are tlking downrange man!

The bolt-on concept is good for looks only. If a bolt-on brake were made to the tolerances needed to make it function properly, it would not allign with the bore perfectly, and get hit with bullets leaving the muzzle. The ones that stay on the barrel are built with a large hole diameter, so do not even function as a muzzle brake; just a heavy peice of metal hanging off your muzzle for looks. The look cheap IMHO anyway.

Do a search in the SKS and Mosin forums and you will not find one satisfied customer with bolt-on devices. Hell, even Dinzag stopped making them for these reasons.

Cut the front site block sleeve back with a $15 pipe cutter from Home Depot; looks 100 times better than the dremel method and does not cut into the barrel. Get 14mx1 LH die and a thread alignment tool and just thread the barrel. It takes 15 minutes MAX. Maybe you live near someone that can help?

Would you need to recrown the barrel too or when you rethread it does it level the area you cut?

Cut the front site block sleeve back with a $15 pipe cutter from Home Depot; looks 100 times better than the dremel method and does not cut into the barrel. Get 14mx1 LH die and a thread alignment tool and just thread the barrel. It takes 15 minutes MAX.

Would you need to recrown the barrel too or when you rethread it does it level the area you cut?

If you come anywhere near the crown when you thread the barrel, you're doing something wrong.