So when are Vepr 12's coming to the US?

Since the Saiga 12 seems to constantly be some kind of mythical beast these days whats stopping the Vepr 12 from cming into the US market?

IIRC when veprs where cming in a few years back there were no problems getting that hardware in

Who do we bug to get the next brand of magazine fed 12g brought into the US?

Since the Saiga 12 seems to constantly be some kind of mythical beast these days whats stopping the Vepr 12 from cming into the US market?

IIRC when veprs where cming in a few years back there were no problems getting that hardware in

Who do we bug to get the next brand of magazine fed 12g brought into the US?

They'd have to be configured for sporting purposes before they can be imported into the US. Since Izmesh owns Molot now, I don't see them converting the Vepr to a Saiga type configuration.

i dunno about that...

internal company politics aside, we were getting the Vepr rifles in the US for a while now, so it's not inconceivable.

perhaps the fact that they own Molot now means they might be persuaded to sell the Vepr-12 line as a sort of beefed-up Saiga-SWAT style product.

the thing is we can't make that argument for them, they have to see the profit in that venture for themselves, and as popular as they are with us, i don't think they will be persuaded to introduce more hardcore models until box-fed shotties start supplanting pumps in higher numbers, especially with the LEO market.

-that's my take of course.

It's not just a simple matter of importing though. They would still have to spend development time reconfiguring them to meet import laws, or startup a MFG facility on "US soil".

Or they could import them with single stack magwells that can be opened up and the parts replaced with US ones much like the Romanian WASR rifles.

I dont think its an impossiable matter to import the Vepr 12. It would just take a qualified importer to do it

Edited by Federal Depot

If the Russians would facilitate a factory here like Glock did. We wouldn't have to worry about all these bogus import laws that really don't make any Fucking sense. FMJ.

Edited by saiga12fan
It's not just a simple matter of importing though. They would still have to spend development time reconfiguring them to meet import laws, or startup a MFG facility on "US soil".

Or they could import them with single stack magwells that can be opened up and the parts replaced with US ones much like the Romanian WASR rifles.

I dont think its an impossiable matter to import the Vepr 12. It would just take a qualified importer to do it

First off, if you have a "double stack" Saiga 12 then I am jealous!!! Second of all it will never come to be with the VEPR because there is not a "sporting" version of that line. From what I understand about the law, a police department or government agency could import the VEPR 12 in its existing configuration, but none will for cost effectiveness and reliability. Look how many guns are owned by forum members that require tuning before they work properly and reliably. I know in my area that most law enforcement barely pass the shooting requirements much less know how to service their weapon. My gun works smoothly now, but how many people have ever broken a pump shotgun? It is cheaper to replace $200 worth than close to $1000 for the Saiga.

First off, if you have a "double stack" Saiga 12 then I am jealous!!! Second of all it will never come to be with the VEPR because there is not a "sporting" version of that line. From what I understand about the law, a police department or government agency could import the VEPR 12 in its existing configuration, but none will for cost effectiveness and reliability. Look how many guns are owned by forum members that require tuning before they work properly and reliably. I know in my area that most law enforcement barely pass the shooting requirements much less know how to service their weapon. My gun works smoothly now, but how many people have ever broken a pump shotgun? It is cheaper to replace $200 worth than close to $1000 for the Saiga.

Yeah I would be jealous too if I had a double stack S12,. Let me edit my querry

Just recently Romanian RPKs were imported into the US by Centruy Int Arms. They were brought in with single stack magwells that were opened up and the pistons and FCG changed out for US ones. These are RPK rifles that were brought in and sold to US buyers after US conversion counts

Although I the double stack analogy is my mixup the query remains the same. Bring in the Vepr 12 in some sort of sporting mode to overcome the import restrictions then have the importer add US parts to make it legal for sale to US buyers

The demand for magazine fed shotguns is tremendous. Why not have more than 1 model to choose from?

As for the performance of the arm that is a results may vary issue.

I am questioning a lack of choice in products

I don't know why they don't leave the piston and gas block off and send it as a stright pull bolt action and convert it to semi once it gets here. All the 922r Bull crapola is just for semi autos not bolt guns.

Edited by csspecs

I had a telephone conversation with Mr. Woods at RAAC some months back and he stated that RAAC currently holds the importation licence for the Vepr firearm line. When I asked about the possibility of the Vepr being imported again he indicated it was difficult enough to get the Saiga firearms from the Russians on a somewhat regular basis. I would jump at the opportunity to own a Vepr shotgun and yet I know the chances of seeing them here in the U.S. are slim to none.

Edited by Ronswin
  • 2 months later...