• 2 weeks later...

sweet. i have a soft spot for those old wheelguns and other black powder trinkets...

I used to have a 67 caliber flintlock pistol that was absolutely SCARY to see the effects of (nevermind shooting it) when you dumped a handfull of BBs into it. I shot it into a row of brush on the edge of a field one time just for kicks, and it literally cut a 6 foot wide hole through the greenery. got rid of it before the laws here changed to some collector that didnt mind a kit gun. wish i still had it, even though i have no clue if they are even legal anymore. those were the days i tell ya. As for firing a solid ball out of the thing. let me tell ya. with a full powder charge and two hands, it was harder to hold than any gun ive ever shot, including a mossberg pump 12 with one hand and 3" slug. the best part was you could watch the ball fly at the target in a funny whirling motion. I cant even imagine what the civil war must have been like.

BVAMP.... at Gander Mountain today, I saw a Revolver you would have LOVED....

It was a 5 shot chambered in good old .45-70 government... needless to say that was one IMPRESSIVE drum!!! I bet that sucker KICKED like an old ARMY MULE too!!!!

talk about one HOO HAH revolver!

wow!

Nice Rugers Chris! I love those guns. I have the bicentenial edition single six with the 9 1/2 " barrel and extra magnum cyl. Lot's of fun and cheap to shoot. Just read today in Field and Stream that the single six was voted 27th on the list of "best guns ever made"and the Blackhawk was #38. The gun I most regret selling was my old 357 Blackhawk. Traded it for a $700 guitar and I'm still kickin myself in the arse. That guitar don't shoot worth a $h!t!

GOB: a lemat huh? got 40 grand? for one that dont even work? :) those suckers are some of THE MOST expensive guns out there. ya know, I think that old flintlock I had was 72 caliber, now that I think about it. my memory is shady like that.

KySoldier: i take it from the dirt on the grip that it kicks like a mule. I need one.

chris: nice. how many complaints do you have about those two rugers? ANY?

Cobra: what were you thinking? the blackhawks and single sixes will be all original parts and firing factory loads in 300 years. kind of hard to go wrong with those.

I think you can still get repro Lemats from Dixie for around $550. If I was going to buy a repro black powder pistol that's the one. Been tempted to for about the last 10 years but that's alot of dough for a repro.

chris: nice. how many complaints do you have about those two rugers? ANY?

Not one, I love those little guns. They were both purchased used and were gifts from my old man . They are accurate and very well made. The bisley is in beautiful shape and the 22 has some blemishes but the bore is good and she functions just fine. I still love the simple stuff. Good varmint/coy dog pistols (where legal)

Cobra- That is the one! The damn thing keeps calling me but no matter how pretty that whore is i am too cheap to go $550! Maybe I can get her go down for $250-$300 someday when her daddy is hurting for cash! :haha::haha::haha:

G O B

Nice piece KYSoldier, wouldn't mind picking one of those up myself. Very nice pistols you have there Chris410. Waiting on Mr.Bvamp to send us a pic of his favorite wheelgun currently in his possession....how 'bout it B, how about gracing us with your favorite pleasure?