Crap 7.62's are getting expensive!!!!

Hello

I assume we're talking about 7.62 x .39 and not 7.62 x .51?

Never fails to amaze me how many people ask me if my .308 is a "7.62", and well, uh, yeah.....

Just splitting hairs, I reckon....

guido2 in Houston

Hello

I assume we're talking about 7.62 x .39 and not 7.62 x .51?

Never fails to amaze me how many people ask me if my .308 is a "7.62", and well, uh, yeah.....

Just splitting hairs, I reckon....

guido2 in Houston

Yea, the x39...

I'm going to try my luck at the Orlando gun show tomorrow and see if I can find one. If not, I guess I'll have to order it online! :(

Well, my local shop is having a hard time getting them at this time, so I decided to take the plunge yesterday, and put a deposit on the only 7.62 x 39 available. $400 for the short barrel with skeleton stock :o I could have tried hunting around for a better price, but with the cost of gas factored in, and the fact that I wanted to support this particular shop, I just bit the bullet and took the plunge.

All the gun shops in my area are saying the same thing i.e. "AK's are getting harder and harder to get."

I went to a local gun shop I've been going to for years yesterday, and the guy said that even the parts are becoming scarce. He also said that the regulations for imports are getting tougher, "they are constantly throwing new regulations at us."

In this particular case, the owner is going to start building their own AK variants he told me. It's going to be a while, but they are in the planning stages.

So, take it for what it's worth. Military style firearms are all going through the roof. Cheap military surplus arms are soon to follow as supplies dry up, so get what you can now.

If you can pick up a Saiga 7.62X39 in the + $300 range give or take a $50 bill, you'll look back on that purchase as a steal in the uncertain years to come.

I checked a couple days ago in Southern Jersey stores and they said that prices are slated to go up to roughly the $420-$460 range the next batch they get. Right now, they are out but *should* be getting a batch soon. I'm up for a .308 next w/ skeletal stock or the hollow Monte Carlo and just get a fixed Ace stock or something. Given the uneasy political climate for decent gun owners, hunters, hobbyists, collectors, who represent the bulk of the very law-abiding decent folk, I'm probably gonna do it, before they spit on our faces.

I checked a couple days ago in Southern Jersey stores and they said that prices are slated to go up to roughly the $420-$460 range the next batch they get. Right now, they are out but *should* be getting a batch soon. I'm up for a .308 next w/ skeletal stock or the hollow Monte Carlo and just replace it with a fixed Ace stock or something. Given the uneasy political climate for decent gun owners, hunters, hobbyists, collectors, who represent the bulk of the very law-abiding decent folk, I'm probably gonna do it, before they spit on our faces.

The dollar is taking a plunge and this is one of the reasons prices are going up. In addition the threat of an Obamanable Islamo communist regime is also driving the prices up. I wanted to get an AK 22 trainer because of the high ammo prices but now they are $300 instead of $200.

Well, my local shop is having a hard time getting them at this time, so I decided to take the plunge yesterday, and put a deposit on the only 7.62 x 39 available. $400 for the short barrel with skeleton stock

:blink:

Supply and demand.

I picked one up a couple of weeks ago for $322.96 at my local fun shop even though I had one already ordered and paid for through another shop that had never come in. Well, I got a phone call yesterday and was told that Saigas are now available again and that the one I ordered would be in Friday. I was told that prices had risen about 10% but I would only be charged an extra $10.00 since I had paid for mine up front with the understanding that there was a real good possibility of a price increase. I ordered all the parts for a conversion last week for one and may order more parts for another one.

With shipping and transfer fees for those at Centerfire, my two at $329 and $322.96 end up being about the same and I get to support my local guys which I really like to do.

I am not so sure that the value of the dollar has as much to do with the increase as people think. From what I understand, the dollar holds its own against the ruble.

Now I'm feeling pretty good about the 308's I picked up for $305 shipped (and converted myself for another $35), and the S20 I bought used for $130. The only real deals left in the market are the bolt action surplus guns that aren't in demand (pick up a few for project guns before they become all we can get, and the price of them will go up as well).

It's more about the weak dollar than anything else. You can thank all those "stimulus" checks and our incessant need to coddle our former enemys instead of kicking their ass and making them get their own house in order lest we kick ass again (a cheaper and more effective solution IMO).

Turning it into a self lit, glass parking lot would have been the simplest solution...........But that would have political effects, wouldn't it?

WOW, I'd take a dozen used S20's for $120 each..........I'd even give 120 for a .410 (Which I have no use for!)

Edited by CheepJerokee