Hello

Did anybody catch that rat-prick Obama's speech yesterday about "languages"?

He said, and I quote, "The problem is not that immigrants are coming to this Country and are unable to speak English.......(dramatic pause)....The problem is that Americans don't know how to speak Spanish!"

So what I'm hearing here is some quasi-literate crimigrant sneaks into MY Country and it's MY fault the sumbitch can't function properly, as if they would even want to.

I take that just a bit personal. That goes beyond political bullshit. That's a personal challenge.

That makes me want to order-up 500 bumper stickers with an American flag in the background, and the Statue of Liberty, holding not an eternal flame, but a solitary finger, and the words

"FUCK YOU OBAMA" across the bottom.

That's how I'm beginning to feel about this shit.

Only problem is, I hardly ever drive my truck, I'm pretty much 100% motorbike anymore.....Not that I'm a total pussy, but it's not wise to piss people off too much when you're on a motorbike.

Shit.

Disgustedly posted,

guido2 in Houston

Hello

He said, and I quote, "The problem is not that immigrants are coming to this Country and are unable to speak English.......(dramatic pause)....The problem is that Americans don't know how to speak Spanish!"

So what I'm hearing here is some quasi-literate crimigrant sneaks into MY Country and it's MY fault the sumbitch can't function properly, as if they would even want to.

I take that just a bit personal. That goes beyond political bullshit. That's a personal challenge.

That makes me want to order-up 500 bumper stickers with an American flag in the background, and the Statue of Liberty, holding not an eternal flame, but a solitary finger, and the words

Only problem is, I hardly ever drive my truck, I'm pretty much 100% motorbike anymore.....Not that I'm a total pussy, but it's not wise to piss people off too much when you're on a motorbike.

Shit.

Disgustedly posted,

guido2 in Houston

I hear you man. +1 If you can get that bumper sticker made I would proudly display it :lolol:

What a dick!

Hey I just saw the perfect bumper sticker yesterday on the back of a SUV in my neck of the woods. It said

NO OBOMA-NATION! with the standard cross through circle thing. She had it posted on her back window with a note written in soap beside it saying go to ebay for this sticker...$2.00 free shipping.

I am going to get some.

Somebody find me a link to this speech.

Well. I caught it on the 9:00 PM Fox news. It was hardly a secret. It was also widlely discussed on talk radio all day yesterday, and probably quite a bit today as well. He also went on to say how when "Americans traveled to France they only knew two words" (not a quote, but I can't spell that French shit)

Yeah, I know what he means, every time I travel to France......

What a fuckin' putz..

guido2

Hello

That makes me want to order-up 500 bumper stickers with an American flag in the background, and the Statue of

Liberty, holding not an eternal flame, but a solitary finger, and the words

Shit.

Disgustedly posted,

guido2 in Houston

I'd buy THAT for a dollar!

Actually, I'd pay $5 but that one-liner was too tasty to pass up.

I_9

Not that I'm a total pussy, but it's not wise to piss people off too much when you're on a motorbike.

Shit.

Disgustedly posted,

guido2 in Houston

Especially on Westheimer!!

Ditto That! Heck, I can't think of a single reasonably safe place to piss someone off when you're on a motorbike....Traffic jam. maybe...You can always split lanes...Watch for doors and tobacco juice spitters....

guido2

I looked all over Fox News website, can't find a link. I did find plenty of references to him saying our children should learn a foreign language because the French know several languages, as well as other Europeans. He even said he was embarrassed over it (he can fucking leave, I'll pay for the ticket). I couldn't find anything about how we should learn Spanish so the immigrants (read illegals) can function normally here.

I did find plenty of references to him saying our children should learn a foreign language because the French know several languages, as well as other Europeans. He even said he was embarrassed over it

You know, he does have a point, being bi-langual(however that's spelled) is a good thing. The rest of the world does it.

But saying "The problem is not that immigrants are coming to this Country and are unable to speak English.......(dramatic pause)....The problem is that Americans don't know how to speak Spanish!"... i'm speechless. IS HE OUT OF HIS MIND? I think he should be sent to a mexican prison for that, and be forced to try teaching the inmates english.

Edited by Agias

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6gfcAe3-as

Obama: All Children Should Speak Spanish

Last Edited: Wednesday, 09 Jul 2008, 9:58 PM CDT

Created: Wednesday, 09 Jul 2008, 9:58 PM CDT

Barack Obama / AP FOX 26 News

Related Items

Videos

Links

Visit 'You Decide 2008'

guido2 in Houston

HOUSTON -- At a town hall meeting in Georgia this morning, presumptive Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama told an audience that, "you need to make sure that your child can speak Spanish."

Speaking in Powder Springs, Ga., the Illinois Senator said that the nation's chief priority should not be for immigrants to learn English, but for American children to learn Spanish.

"Senator Obama's idea is characteristic of an elitist mindset declaring that it is not the job of immigrants to America to learn English, but that it the job of Americans to learn the language of the immigrants," said Mauro E. Mujica, Chairman of U.S. English, Inc. "This runs counter to our proud history as a melting pot and counter to the belief of most Americans. Clearly, Senator Obama has spent too much time at the lectern instead of interacting with the American people."

Few dispute being bilingual is an invaluable tool.

That's why Houston resident Paul Tichy said he is taking a Spanish class.

"My take is people will interpret it as they will, regardless of what he really meant," Of Obama's comments, Tichy said. "I think he's trying to appeal to as many voters by sitting on both sides of the fence."

Conservative radio talk show host Michael Berry had a day off from his popular program, but he was already sounding off on the topic.

Berry said he thinks Obama is pandering to a small segment of the population.

"Hispanics in America speak English and Americans Speak English," Berry said. "For him to refer to a language as required, I don't think that speaks well of a presidential candidate."

Recent polls have found overwhelming support for making English the official language of the United States. A 2007 Zogby poll found that 83 percent of Americans favor making English the official language, including substantial majorities of Democrats, Republicans and Independents.

"As a naturalized citizen of the United States, I am appalled by Senator Obama's comments," Mujica continued. "When I came to this country, I knew I was coming to a nation of many different nationalities, none more prized than another. I also knew that English was the unifying force between the diverse people, and that it was the language of opportunity and success.

"Nationwide, more than 25 million Americans who struggle with English, who are stuck in menial jobs and low wages because they are unable to converse with the majority of Americans. More than two million of these are native-born Americans who have come to rely on the crutch of government multilingualism. While I agree that we should encourage our children to learn additional languages, telling parents that they must enroll their children in Spanish classes is completely misguided."

Twice in the last three years, the U.S. Senate passed measures to make English the national language and to reduce multilingual entitlements. Legislation is currently pending in both the House and the Senate that would make English the official language. One bill, H.R. 997, the English Language Unity Act, has nearly 150 bi-partisan co-sponsors.

U.S. English, Inc. is the nation's oldest and largest non-partisan citizens' action group dedicated to preserving the unifying role of the English language in the United States. Founded in 1983 by the late Sen. S.I. Hayakawa of California, U.S. English, Inc. can be found on the Web at: www.usenglish.org

Click here to see the full video story by FOX 26's Sally MacDonald.

Copyright 2008 Fox Houston (KRIV). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. AP contributed to this report.

I did find plenty of references to him saying our children should learn a foreign language because the French know several languages, as well as other Europeans. He even said he was embarrassed over it

You know, he does have a point, being bi-langual(however that's spelled) is a good thing. The rest of the world does it.

But saying "The problem is not that immigrants are coming to this Country and are unable to speak English.......(dramatic pause)....The problem is that Americans don't know how to speak Spanish!"... i'm speechless. IS HE OUT OF HIS MIND? I think he should be sent to a mexican prison for that, and be forced to try teaching the inmates english.

No, he had no point. No mention of it being good to be bilingual. Just that the illegals would have an easier time assimilating if we cater to them. Don't sound to me like he said anything about learning German, French or Russian. Just Spanish. Screw him.

No, he had no point. No mention of it being good to be bilingual. Just that the illegals would have an easier time assimilating if we cater to them. Don't sound to me like he said anything about learning German, French or Russian. Just Spanish. Screw him.

If you read carefully, the first line was aimed at Gunfixr's quote(that's why it's there).

I wholeheartedly agree, at least up to the point that I truly admire anybody who is genuinely b-lingual, and yes, that includes Mexicans.

However, to suggest, or worse yet, require, that me or mine become fluent in "another language" (spanish specifically) to function in OUR Country is traitorous.

That fascist can kiss my ass.

guido2 in Houston

I agree that being bilingual can be a good thing. Just how good depends upon how much you would use the other language. In general, people learn other languages because there is substantial benefit in doing so. People throughout the world don't learn English because they are smarter, nicer, or more sophisticated than Americans. Rather, they do so for practical (e.g., economic) reasons. Germans near the French border often speak French and German, as you would expect. Most don't speak Swahili though. There are countless similar examples. Guess what, many Americans living along the border with Mexico do speak Spanish. For most Americans, who are generally surrounded by people who speak English, there is little practical incentive to learn a second language. It's reasonable at this time, and absolutely nothing to be "embarrassed" about.

Edited by hogdog

The reason the world is bilingual is because they each have their official language (to embrace their history and continue some form of unique culture) and ENGLISH because the USA speaks English and they like to speak MONEY.

Everybody that came here learned English, and those of us with an Irish heritage may understand what it's like to lose your language. It's sure not a thing of pride to know that your people got that taken away from them.

Edited by Twinsen

200 years or so ago French was the universal language and that role has been supplanted by English. Where ever you fly in the world the Air Traffic Controllers speak English. Want to be a pilot or air traffic controller? Speak English! Want to get ahead in the world and have more opportunities? Speak English! Want to order Mexican food in a second rate country? Speak Spanish.