Chaos Saiga 12 Quad Rail!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for some clarification here: if you have the quad rail, you can take off the top rail and that will make it the tri rail with the vented rail combo?

Also if you have the tri rail with vented rail combo, at a later time you could buy the top rail and have the quad?

And for the previous post, I have found the wait list option. (still don't see how I missed it originally)

Just for some clarification here: if you have the quad rail, you can take off the top rail and that will make it the tri rail with the vented rail combo?

Also if you have the tri rail with vented rail combo, at a later time you could buy the top rail and have the quad?

And for the previous post, I have found the wait list option. (still don't see how I missed it originally)

Yes you are right on target with the setup options!

Can someone post the length and exact weight on the tri rail and quad rail? Any chance of doing a shorter one for the SBS guys?

This looks awsome!

Length is 8.3" and the weight is 14 oz. I may at a later date, make them for SBS models!

That looks very nice Cameron. I installed a Halo once and thought it was a way overpriced, bulky, heavy, poorly designed part that required far too much work for the average person to be able to install. Luckily I knew how to make it fit and did. I also had to remove a 1" section from the RT hand side rail so it wouldn't crush someone's knuckle between that and the bolt. Extremely poor design. Yours looks much better and if it's lighter too that will make it sell even better. I would like to see it mounted with one of my top rails like you said. I imagine that would look killer.

Great job. Hope you sell a thousand or more.

That looks very nice Cameron. I installed a Halo once and thought it was a way overpriced, bulky, heavy, poorly designed part that required far too much work for the average person to be able to install. Luckily I knew how to make it fit and did. I also had to remove a 1" section from the RT hand side rail so it wouldn't crush someone's knuckle between that and the bolt. Extremely poor design. Yours looks much better and if it's lighter too that will make it sell even better. I would like to see it mounted with one of my top rails like you said. I imagine that would look killer.

Great job. Hope you sell a thousand or more.

Thanks,

I would like to see that too. I am ramping up production on the Chaos Rail System so we can achive those options mention when these first came to market.

it works good... I actually use the the grip as a guide.

I put the toe of the drum on the grip..push up into magwell...rock and lock....

Can someone post the length and exact weight on the tri rail and quad rail? Any chance of doing a shorter one for the SBS guys?

This looks awsome!

Length is 8.3" and the weight is 14 oz. I may at a later date, make them for SBS models!

Please keep us updated on any SBS model developments. It appears there is a strong market for it and I know I will definitely buy one if/when they come out.

Edited by Dirkenstien
When is the lower tri-rail going to be available? I'm chomping on the bit for it

There will some available in 1 1/2 weeks! If you want to make sure you get one this batch, go here and make a deposit.

http://www.chaosus.com/raillist_deposit.html

Sweet, I just got on the list for the tri-rail. I hope it is compatible with HK sights....

Is the quad compatible with HK sights, or are they in the way on a Tromix S02?

Can you post a pic of this sight?

Here is a pic.....

I will get the Tromix on Tuesday, so this is the only pic I have until then....

Yes it will work, but you may have to file right where the front sight is welded to the gas tube because they both meet right on the center line of the outside diameter of the radius of the gas block. It wouldn't be much!

Here is a pic.....

Yes it will work, but you may have to file right where the front sight is welded to the gas tube because they both meet right on the center line of the outside diameter of the radius of the gas block. It wouldn't be much!

I got on the waiting list for a tri-rail. If a quad will work with a little filing, I would rather have the quad..... Let me know if you can move me from the tri list to the quad list.

Thanks,

Dave

Here is a pic.....

I got on the waiting list for a tri-rail. If a quad will work with a little filing, I would rather have the quad..... Let me know if you can move me from the tri list to the quad list.

Thanks,

Dave

The Quad rail would not work on this setup, unless you had some milling done to the rail!

Damn. USPS tried to deliver my quad rail but I wasn't here :angry:. Hopefully I can get it today. I can't wait. This has been a good month in Saiga land.

Edited for incorrect grammar.

Edited by oak

I got it. Pretty nice, but it doesn't fit with my existing HK sights. It interferes with the front sight. It will work on the s12 I am having Etac build, that is if I ever get it. Also, its nice that the front has that screw mount, but what keeps the rear up tight since it doesn't have the little lip that slides into the receiver like the stock grip? It seems pretty tight, overall I would recommend this product, looks good.

CJG

Edited by rotortuner
I got it. Pretty nice, but it doesn't fit with my existing HK sights. It interferes with the front sight. It will work on the s12 I am having Etac build, that is if I ever get it. Also, its nice that the front has that screw mount, but what keeps the rear up tight since it doesn't have the little lip that slides into the receiver like the stock grip? It seems pretty tight, overall I would recommend this product, looks good.

CJG

There is a lip that fits up to the receiver, if yours is missing the back key PM me, it looks like this!

S12railkey.jpg

Also if your sights are not going to allow you to use a Quad, then check out Chaos Tri-rail, I don't want you to fill like your stuck with something you can't use until you get your other gun back, so, if want, you can trade your Quad for a Tri and I'll refund the difference. Hope this helps!