Yet another Poly Choke question...

Ok got the barrel threaded, then cut down and the Poly Choke Silver Soldered on. :D We were shooting for a total length of 18 & 1/4 but it came out closer to 18 & 1/2 which is fine. When I crank the Poly Choke all the way down I can get to the "SLUG" setting. Now at this point, the fingers are as closed as possible.

According to the paper work that came with the Poly Choke XTRA-FULL is as closed as it gets. Adjusting the Choke out one full turn to XTRA-FULL again, is Cylinder Bore. Two More clicks out are "REVERSE 1 & 2" that is supposed to give the widest possible pattern.

Now my question is, where in the range of settings does "SLUG" fall? Is it meant to be the first setting of choke down from Cylinder Bore? No where in the paper work does it even mention "SLUG." What is anyone out there in TV land trying for slugs?

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

member3941.png

I run slugs somewhere between Cylinder and Modified, mostly Modified. Mine has a Slug setting, they weren't very accurate on this setting. Some of the manufacturers actually say that their slugs will work best fired through a Modified choke.

full to extra full works well with buckshot. I havent fired mine much on other settings.

I have fired it on cylender and the wider settings but I was using hornady TAP 8 pellot so it made no difference in shot pattern. Fist size group every time.

Edited by mike123456

I had a Polychoke that was threaded for Remchokes on my Saiga for awhile before I went to a modified choke tube and stayed with it. I had fired 00 buck and slugs throught the Polychoke at various choke settings with no ill effects to the Polychoke. Somewhere in Polychoke's own literature or website they state that slugs and heavy buck are perfectly suitable for use in their choke. Different choke settings will produce different patterns especially if you change brand and types of shot.