FYI-CDNN & 308s

I just ordered 2 from KY Imports. They had my range FFL on file.

When you call, they can look for a FFL in your area. The way I do it, is to pull up www.yellowbook.com and fill out "guns" and the city. That will bring up every gunshop in your area. Then you can go down the list asking which they have on file. Assuming you don't have a FFL.

http://www.kyimports.com/rifle3.htm

Edited by Hard Charger

Smithy, to sell in my state you just go to a gun shop or FFL, the buyer pays the transfer fee. In other states you need do nothing. Check www.packing.org for the laws in your area. If in doubt call the local Sheriffs office, they should know the transfer laws. Follow them!

i love my 308, but im thinking of grabbing the 762x39 at the only gun store that has them left for 219+tax i dont know what to do, what if i decidide i dont like it and only want my 308?  where and how do i sell it? 

do i have to transfer papers or anything?

What state do you live in?

In Florida you can do a face to face no problem as long as you & the person you are selling to are both FL residents. And (obviously) the person is able to legally own a rifle.

Edited by racerboy6996

i dont know those laws in that area of WA. most all places in the USA, but not all, you can privately sell a long arm to anyone without paperwork. jsut because i bought the thing on my name and am registered to it? id make the buyer register with the local sheriff anyway, so i dont have to worry about problems later on....

If you have a Dunhams Sports in your area check with them, the stores actually all stoacked Saigas, you might get lucky, The one near me had two 7.62 (I bought both) and one .223.

I do have several Dunhams around me but none have the 308, only the 7.62. Just bought a 7.62 at a gun show over the weekend, ordered the 12 ga from CDNN and will probably call Ky Imports and order the 308. I've been selling off some other guns so I have some cash to play with.

The whole story so you will understand my irritation.

I was at the counter, and this guy (an instructor) cannot do 2 things at once. So when the phone rings he stops my stuff to talk on the phone; give class info, directions.... The transfer that takes 20 minutes with anyone else takes nearly 2 hours with him. So I make chit chat to pass the time. I'm bored.

I hear him say to a customer "I look forward to meeting (or seeing) you", and he hangs up the phone. To chit chat, I say "oh, must be a lady..." (not totally out of line) he says, "thats none of your f***ing business". And I let it slide because I was ready to get out of there and my CCW was in the van, his was on his belt, he comes back "did you hear what I said". That lead to a little back and forth.

He was right, it was none of my business, not that I really cared anyway, I was just making small talk. But there were a hundred ways he could have politely said that to blow it off.

This is a range where I have taken 98% of their classes(probably a couple thousand dollars over the years), given gift certificates to people for classes, referred friends, family and customers to classes there. And talked the range and classes up on just about every firearms related board; I know the owner\chief instructor has been seeing that over the years. And have spent every dollar I could there to support the range, including a $200 membership. Their gear is a lot higher than what can be found on the net, add to that 9.25% tax to easily offset shipping

He is right about one thing "none of my f'ing business" that exactly what they will be getting from me.

Footnote: I emailed the Chief Instructor\owner, and he apologized and I hate that this moron came between me and the range I called home. But as long as that baboon works there, I won't spend another dime there. I told the owner that, but I do not expect him to be fired. The moron is new and eventually this kind of thing will add up and get him gone.

I have niece and her husband that were about to start their training there, and I cannot in good conscience subject them to that kind of customer service. Nor could I refer anyone else.

Imagine referring a friend, family member, or customer to a range where they get talked to like that. Not gonna happen.

Edited by Hard Charger
The whole story so you will understand my irritation.

I was at the counter, and this guy (an instructor) cannot do 2 things at once. So when the phone rings he stops my stuff to talk on the phone; give class info, directions.... The transfer that takes 20 minutes with anyone else takes nearly 2 hours with him. So I make chit chat to pass the time. I'm bored.

I hear him say to a customer "I look forward to meeting (or seeing) you", and he hangs up the phone. To chit chat, I say "oh, must be a lady..." (not totally out of line) he says, "thats none of your f***ing business". And I let it slide because I was ready to get out of there and my CCW was in the van, his was on his belt, he comes back "did you hear what I said". That lead to a little back and forth.

He was right, it was none of my business, not that I really cared anyway, I was just making small talk. But there were a hundred ways he could have politely said that to blow it off.

This is a range where I have taken 98% of their classes(probably a couple thousand dollars over the years), given gift certificates to people for classes, referred friends, family and customers to classes there. And talked the range and classes up on just about every firearms related board; I know the owner\chief instructor has been seeing that over the years. And have spent every dollar I could there to support the range, including a $200 membership. Their gear is a lot higher than what can be found on the net, add to that 9.25% tax to easily offset shipping

He is right about one thing "none of my f'ing business" that exactly what they will be getting from me.

Footnote: I emailed the Chief Instructor\owner, and he apologized and I hate that this moron came between me and the range I called home. But as long as that baboon works there, I won't spend another dime there. I told the owner that, but I do not expect him to be fired. The moron is new and eventually this kind of thing will add up and get him gone.

I have niece and her husband that were about to start their training there, and I cannot in good conscience subject them to that kind of customer service. Nor could I refer anyone else.

Imagine referring a friend, family member, or customer to a range where they get talked to like that. Not gonna happen.

First of all, you di the right thing. Get what you came there foR and leave. Make your phone calls AFTER you remove yourself from the situation.

Regardless of if its "your business" or not that was completely un-called for, rude, and exhibits a complete lack of professionalism and social skills. Not to mention intelligence.

What gets me is that he made a point to "verify" that you heard him. This removes the possibility of an excuse like "I had a bad day". This further indicates that at some point during your visit he decided that he didnt like you or something you did or didnt do. Could be that it was only a transfer and if he gets a commission, he didnt get one on you but he still has to do the paperwork. Maybe you displayed impatience with his piddle-fartin around. Either way he displayed clear, calculated animosity towards you.

You handled it better than I would. I think after the initial shock wore off of what I had just heard I would have been at a rolling boil. Then when the man opened his mouth again, to make SURE I heard him, I would have exploded and asked him what his problem was and if he felt the need to "discuss it" outside.

But I have a nasty temper anyway when it comes to malicious people. :devil:

yea im younger and they dont take me serious in the gun shop, so when i was shopping for my 308 i couldnt get any questions asnwered and they were dumb as a brick, but when i said i wanted to buy the 308, the 'knowledgable' staff fled and answered all my questions

I understand.

But keep in mind, no matter how old you are there is no excuse for one person to treat another with disrespect. The people I admired most when I was young were the ones that looked past my age and saw an opportunity to leave a positive impression upon me.

...also remember that as long as you are a productive member of society (stay out of trouble) you have something to offer and contribute other than the money in your wallet.

People like that guy will only go so far in life, where you, on the other hand, are still young enough to make some smart decisions about your future.

Stay strong, and enjoy this hobby safely.

-Russ

yea first i was just gunna leave because no one could answer my question correctly, i dont know much yet, but when they just keep handing me all these brushes and kits, the actual gun smith finally helped me after sometime and he sorted the mess so i saved money he answered my questions and i went home happy :)

i even went back 2-3 days latyer, actually yesterday and bought a 762x39

may go back for the rest of the saigas :)