Best option to add muzzle brake to NON-threaded barrel?

About 15 round mags, I remember reading you could use these - http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=6adb...16-525485097a84 in your factory 10 round mags, and it would now hold 15 rounds. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If you don't want to buy those followers you can cut yours down. The rear of the follower should be marked at 1" thats from the flat area of the top of the follower. Mark the front at 3/4" where the follower is open, now connect the lines and cut .(I used tin snips) The pointy things in the plastic inner base plate need to go. Now trim the spring,as I count 14 coils one side 15 other side,cut to 8-9. Slap that back together and your GTG. I tested mine and it runs good and tapco aint got my cash. This works on factory 10 rd 7.62X39 only!!!! If you try this mod on another type of mag and fuck it up please don't blame me. You should of payed more attention when taking them apart. Now I have heard some of the mags have little guide rails for the follower so don't cut down that far.

Any update on news the non- threaded muzzle break ?

Thanks - Manny

I called on this item and the man said one month and they may be on the website. Could not give me rough cost.

I should have the much smaller...scaled down version of our "no thread" muzzle brake next week. I can assure you that they are coming but not until I am 100% satisfied that it is right.

Scott

GREAT !!!! Be sure and post here when they are ready!!!

is it the difference in the amount of barrel in front of the front site block that keeps something like this to be used on a Saiga?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AKS015-1.html

I also want to throw a brake on my Saiga, but don't have any state laws regulating how I can do it. Should I just thread the end of the barrel and but a screw on brake?

We have our new NO THREAD muzzle brakes out getting black oxide finish put on them. We will have them in stock next week and I'm going to one last round of testing while our provisional patent is being processed. I should be able to start shipping them out by the 17th.

Scott

We have our new NO THREAD muzzle brakes out getting black oxide finish put on them. We will have them in stock next week and I'm going to one last round of testing while our provisional patent is being processed. I should be able to start shipping them out by the 17th.

Scott

greedily awaiting the arrival of this product... have any preliminary pricing or product info yet?

Scott

greedily awaiting the arrival of this product... have any preliminary pricing or product info yet?

We do have some preliminary info on them but we are not releasing anything yet. They are currently in the hands of a class 3 manufacturer who will be doing torture testing this week on full auto Saiga 7.62's. We want to make sure that we are 100% there on this version. Additionally, we are waiting to hear back from the lawyer on the provisional patent. Hopefully I will have all the info early next week. We will actually have deliverable product in the warehouse this week but we will not ship anything until everything is cleared.

scott

We do have some preliminary info on them but we are not releasing anything yet. They are currently in the hands of a class 3 manufacturer who will be doing torture testing this week on full auto Saiga 7.62's. We want to make sure that we are 100% there on this version. Additionally, we are waiting to hear back from the lawyer on the provisional patent. Hopefully I will have all the info early next week. We will actually have deliverable product in the warehouse this week but we will not ship anything until everything is cleared.

scott

Is there any way to pre-order these? How many do you have in stock waiting 'til every thing is ready?

Thanks,

Carl

We make a few versions of our KA-1230 brake that are crosspinned in place like the FSB is. We also have installation jigs for making the two needed radius cuts in the barrel. If the muzzle OD is .550", .555", .568", or .585" you're in luck

KA-1230 page

Edited by kingarmory.com
  • 3 weeks later...
Scott,

Price and delivery?

OK,sorry to have been away as long as I have, I didnt want to "ruffle" feathers anymore than they already had been...

Now, moving forward.....

I have been to the lawyers office and the patent papers will be signed next Thursday. I will post pics on Friday to show you guys what we have come up with on the INTERCHANGABLE NO THREADING REQUIRED muzzle attachment for the 7.62 and the .223 rifles. Actually, it can be made to work on virtually any firearm that doesnt have threads on the muzzle.

The lawyer says no presales!!!! no pictures!!!! and dont give out any details until the papers are signed, so with that, stay tuned till next week.

Scott

I have been to the lawyers office and the patent papers will be signed next Thursday. I will post pics on Friday to show you guys what we have come up with on the INTERCHANGABLE NO THREADING REQUIRED muzzle attachment for the 7.62 and the .223 rifles. Actually, it can be made to work on virtually any firearm that doesnt have threads on the muzzle.

The lawyer says no presales!!!! no pictures!!!! and dont give out any details until the papers are signed, so with that, stay tuned till next week.

Scott

Scott,

As someone with a few patents in the high tech industry, I can tell you that your lawyer is exactly right. I know that this may not be popular to say, but you need to do what it takes to protect your invention. These things take time, and unfortunately can't be rushed.

Thanks for not giving up on this. Get the paperwork done the right way. We'll be here when you're ready...

Carl

This is actually exactly what you're looking for - http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=26908&hl= .

But I checked his site, and I didn't see them. Maybe you can get a hold of him to see when they are coming out.

No offence, but I wouldn't hold my breath on DPH's muzzle brake. I placed my order in May, and have yet to receive it. I called him twice since then, and was told their machinist would be machinining a batch the following week to go out for delivery. I never saw the brakes go back on the web site, and never received mine.

Patience......all good things come to those who wait. Here is a picture of our NO THREAD REQUIRED MUZZLE ATTACHMENT. We finally signed the patent pending paperwork today and the lawyer says we are good to go on advertising and selling these. We have a show this weekend so I will be away. I will try to get these on the site early next week.

Scott

This is the only picture I have right now but I will get better ones next week. It is an actual picture not a photoshop. The flash hider does screw off and on. You can change muzzle attachment whenever you want.

saiga%20muzzle%20clip.JPG

• 2 months later...
i thought those are flash hiders, not muzzle brakes?

you said what ive been thinking this whole time.. it appears the term brake and hider are being thrown around like they are the same.. SOME are just hiders.. SOME are just brakes.. i even think some are both.. as far as i understand this is NOT a brake and simply a hider....

im after a brake so this would be useless to me... i mean hell i cant even have a hider on my gun...