SUREFIRE .410 GA. 10RD MAGS

I received my surefire gun mags on Friday. I haven't shot them yet but I ran some drills with them. They load fine and look great but I have had trouble with them feeding into the gun properly. The round in each of my two magazines would not feed almost like the magazine was not fed into the gun far enough even though it was locked into place. Anyone got any ideas. It appears to be a well made product and I am sure it is probably just me but so far I haven't had any luck chambering a round.

steven

I used the golden bear #4 buckshot and the silver bear slugs. Neither one worked to chamber a round. I was able to get a winchester 000 buckshot round to chamber. It would be disappointing though if we couldn't get the russian ones to work.

steven

Edited by panthaka
cool! thanks for the range report,I gotta get some. Do you have pics of them in the gun?

Try these................

Edited out Serial No.

Hey Huck, I've been talking to Mississippi Auto Arms about the fire control groups they offer. They have noted on their web site that they are for use where the trigger has been moved forward. Comparing my 410 to your photos, it appears that your trigger is about 1 3/4" ahead of where mine is. Is this the modification they are talking about? Is it necessary to move the trigger forward when installing a pistol grip? The Dinzag site lists a trigger group for non-pistol grip conversions, but they don't specifically say that they are US made. I'd like to get a conversion done (butt stock, fore stock, gas piston, FCG, maybe a muzzle brake and sights) a pistol grip would be OK. Just not sure about the trigger. Appreciate any comments. Len

Steel hulls have a thicker rim. They work in Russian mags OK. I have the same problem with 12ga. steel in american mags. They will most likely work in to handle the steel after the mags are properly abused.

cool! thanks for the range report,I gotta get some. Do you have pics of them in the gun?

Try these................

Edited out Serial No.

Hey Huck, I've been talking to Mississippi Auto Arms about the fire control groups they offer. They have noted on their web site that they are for use where the trigger has been moved forward. Comparing my 410 to your photos, it appears that your trigger is about 1 3/4" ahead of where mine is. Is this the modification they are talking about? Is it necessary to move the trigger forward when installing a pistol grip? The Dinzag site lists a trigger group for non-pistol grip conversions, but they don't specifically say that they are US made. I'd like to get a conversion done (butt stock, fore stock, gas piston, FCG, maybe a muzzle brake and sights) a pistol grip would be OK. Just not sure about the trigger. Appreciate any comments. Len

I believe you are talking about the TROMIX FCG for the .410 specifically. Yes you have to do the mod and move the trigger group forward for a pistol grip unless you use the stock and pistol grip combo they offer for unmodified versions. Converting is not a big deal. Go here.

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

The next site will tell you about the conversion and 922r compliance.

http://home.comcast.net/~navy87guy/home/saigaconversion.html

Hope this helps. If not, someone will chime in and help.

Edited by I'mYourHuckleberry

The floorplate is a monster, so it can go over those cross ribs when you cut the magazine down to less capacity as needed.

Unfortunately, the SureFire mags are just hair narrower then OEM mags so .444 Marlin rounds will not work in them. That just killed off the Tromix 444 project. Thanks SureFire........good going on that one.....

Tony

The floorplate is a monster, so it can go over those cross ribs when you cut the magazine down to less capacity as needed.

Unfortunately, the SureFire mags are just hair narrower then OEM mags so .444 Marlin rounds will not work in them. That just killed off the Tromix 444 project. Thanks SureFire........good going on that one.....

Tony

I was wondering what was up when you listed those .410 for sale. Thats too bad man. Was looking forward to that one.

Email, pm, or call us. If you haven't received one then we don't have your correct contact info.

Man I'm getting worried, ordered 2 units when MAA first listed them (back in March) but haven't received my tracking order or a response from Nathan.

Glad you guys are having better luck.

Tony

Dont you think it could be opened up easily? I mean Im no wiz but a few hours and a some curse words and I bet you could sand it open enough.

Man, I'd like to grab a few mags... but it appears my .410 "Distributor" is flaking out on me again..... :chris:

Looks like it's time to start a thread.....

Email, pm, or call us. If you haven't received one then we don't have your correct contact info.

Man I'm getting worried, ordered 2 units when MAA first listed them (back in March) but haven't received my tracking order or a response from Nathan.

Glad you guys are having better luck.

Got my tracking order today. Thanks Nathan! :)

Will post pics and test results...

Dont you think it could be opened up easily? I mean Im no wiz but a few hours and a some curse words and I bet you could sand it open enough.

That's not the point. The factory mags work great.

The problem is with warranty work; someone in the future buys a 444 Tromix and tries to use a Surefire mag. It misfeeds constantly and they send it in for repair to Tony. You can't risk it.