THIS THING IS HUGE! I cant believe it was this damned big. it took like 3 weeks for it to get here so the .308 has been on the back burner...like i have any time to work on my guns when i work all the time :anger: Now i'm having bigger problems. This damn mount will not slide to the forward position so i can clam it on scope mount.

Q: HOW DOES I MOUNT?

post-5645-1224817351_thumb.jpg

When I got mine, I had to kinda force it, to get it to properly seat on the front side of the rail. When I say front side I mean the side towards the end of the barrel, if I'm not being clear. At first I had the same issue I believe you are having, and I got pretty upset, because I had made sure to buy the scope with the correct mount, being that there are two rail options. I ended up just jamming the thing really hard, and it locked into place, enabling me to clamp the thing down.

Try to strongarm the bastard on there, and see if you can't make it seat, if you are sure you got the right mount, not the SVD mount, I think that's what it's called.

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/manuals.aspx

You'll want to look up the AK clamp adjustment and then the one on the posp itself - it's a little tricky to zero the first time.

as a tip - make it as tight as possible (the clamp) - you will have to push hard (i put a little oil to help it in) to get it in. once in, it will hold zero (mine has for the past several months). It is also high enough that you can clean the rifle and leave it in.

note - you did get the VD version right? It mounts from the back.

Does the small round projection under the scope tube facing the dust cover block the iron sights? If, not can you still use iron sights with type of scope? How is the field of view and clarity? I've always been curious about this series of optics.

thanks,

The tightening clamp is adjustable with a star toothed wheel. It may be a tooth or so too tight, and thats why it wont fit. You can adjust the tension to make sure it fits PROPERLY!!!

Its not a bang it into place object...

ALSO...

Make sure there are no burrs on the rail itself, or inside the mounting rails... they DO happen and that will cause the hangups similar to what you are describing.

make sure it is adjusted properly before you go banging on it... :up:

:smoke:

i like that black scope you have there Will (mine is that marble gray looking finish). and the eye piece looks "cooler" also. any other improvements or it just cosmetics?

The black scope is the newer 8x model designed for the Dragunov. There's a little round nub on the PSO scope bracket that prevents it from properly sliding on to the AK's rail. If you don't also have a PSL or Dragunov, and just bought the scope to put on the Saiga, you can grind or file off that nub. Once you do that, it will fit and mount to an AK rail. Long story short, an AK sight rail can attach to a PSL's hardpoint, but a PSL's scope can't attach to an AK's hardpoint without slight modification. I own both guns, and I tried to fit the PSL scope to my Saiga a couple of days ago and discovered this.

Edited by Mike the Wolf