HAS ANYONE at ANYTIME, ANYWHERE *EVER* seen it listed by name on ANY AWB bill proposal?!?!?

I went and read through the few I could find that I know of... and NO PLACE does it mention the ol faithful 10/22.

I could have sworn that a short time ago, the fear mongers and paranoid tinfoil hat wearers CLAIMED that this make and model was listed or was going to be listed on an attempted AWB!

Is there ANY shred of truth to that that ANYONE can claim to know about?

If anyone can provide links to factual sources that claim this, I would like to know.

Thank you!

Didja check out the main NRA page? :unsure:

Besides, I think the 10/22 (and a bunch of other semi-autos) was a *PROPOSED* assault weapons ban that (Thank G_d! :angel: ) did get shot down.

Not to say with a Obama/Biden Presidency and most of the Senate controlled by Dems that it won't try to get pushed thru again. :angry2:

I do remember hearing that the 10/22 was on a proposed ban because you could get the "deadly banana" magazine and a folding pistol grip stock. I thought it was in the first AWB during the clinton era. And i think only because of the attachments you could get. But i haven't seen anything on it lately.

What I have found, H.R.6257 Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 (Introduced in House), lists the Ruger 10-22 as exempted from this ban UNLESS it has a folding stock. I think what has happened is people have seen bills, this one included, that contain a category for, "semi-auto rifle with detachable magazine", and jumped to conclusions. The longer lists of guns in past bills has been the exempted list, from what I can tell.

The below link will take you to a search engine for the Library of Congress. You can find just about any combination of bills you want with a simple search.

http://thomas.loc.gov/

HAS ANYONE at ANYTIME, ANYWHERE *EVER* seen it listed by name on ANY AWB bill proposal?!?!?

I went and read through the few I could find that I know of... and NO PLACE does it mention the ol faithful 10/22.

I could have sworn that a short time ago, the fear mongers and paranoid tinfoil hat wearers CLAIMED that this make and model was listed or was going to be listed on an attempted AWB!

Is there ANY shred of truth to that that ANYONE can claim to know about?

If anyone can provide links to factual sources that claim this, I would like to know.

Thank you!

Edited by Dave-AK
That list of pending legislation is truly scary. That stuff is 'reasonable restrictions' just like a straitjacket is. Seems like 4 or 5 Illinois representatives are hyper active. Of course the chosen one just knows them by association.

I edited my post after finding many, many pages of "pending" legislation. The link I posted in its place has been the best for "current" info on the subject. I don't think the Ban Bills that have actual lists of guns or "evil features" is nearly as concerning as the language I've seen that puts the interprtation of "sporting", "appropriate", etc.........in the hands of any one person. Such open-ended language is potentially a lit fuse.

Lets not forget that Ruger sold out gun owners and made best friends with the Clintons and those like them. It would not surprise me if they get preferential treatment and it wouldn't surprise me if they gave money to the Obama campaign. Fuck Bill Ruger and fuck his company, I hope they ban everything his company sells.

Edited by bigj480
Fuck Bill Ruger and fuck his company, I hope they ban everything his company sells.

Word.

It's kinda funny that he supported a ban on all the 20, 30, 50 round mags. Because one of biggest selling points for the 10/22 is that you can get those mags. Not a whole lot of options with .22's and mags with more than 10 rounds.