The Cammenga Easyloader?

• 2 years later...

I have only known one person that had one personally and it worked fine. So i got one. Well it doesnt work worth a shit. IT hangs up and jams as you try and load the mag. After the problems with mine i looked around the net for reviews and have yet to find a good one.

Trashed it.

Wow just watched the video ....is it really that easy I was very impressed

Yes, that easy. No doubt, one of the best AK47 tools out there, IMHO.

For the record, I have no association with the LULA manufacturer or anyone who sells them... just a satisfied customer. :rolleyes:

Wow just watched the video ....is it really that easy I was very impressed

Yes, that easy. No doubt, one of the best AK47 tools out there, IMHO.

For the record, I have no association with the LULA manufacturer or anyone who sells them... just a satisfied customer. :rolleyes:

I agree, this looks like a good thing.

Modrisco, do you think this would give you an edge when having to load a mag in a hurry? - Hypothetical tactical situation-, when taking cover and having to load a couple mags, would this be a blessing or just another thing to worry about? I guess thats always my ultimate goal when I buy something, if it would be useful under pressure.

I have both Cammenga and the LULA ... in my opinion cammenga is a pain in the ass to use. Lula is better, plus you can unload stuff with it. But overall doing it by hand could be just as quick as LULA...just some sore thumbs in return if you load alot of mags.

Modrisco, do you think this would give you an edge when having to load a mag in a hurry? - Hypothetical tactical situation-, when taking cover and having to load a couple mags, would this be a blessing or just another thing to worry about? I guess thats always my ultimate goal when I buy something, if it would be useful under pressure.

First, I would not want to be in a situation of having to reload magazines under pressure; by pressure, I assume you mean incoming rounds. So I ran a test tonight between hand loading a 10 round milspec magazine, and loading the same mag with the LULA. Note, there were no incoming rounds in my family room tonight, so YMMV. Ran 3 tests of each method using a stopwatch. It's a wash in my book. The mean load time for the hand method was 32 seconds while the mean time for the LULA was 31 seconds. The biggest differential was the time it took to attach the LULA to the magazine before being able to load. Once it was attached, it was very quick and easy. Maybe it's a familiarity issue, but I seemed to fumble a bit with that phase. With the hand load method you skip that step and begin loading immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a Lula for x39 at the gunshow this weekend. It's sweet and fast(esp once attached).

Modriscos test makes a good point, if you just need a few rounds, NOW, fingure load. But if you're running 30 and 40 rounders, and want full loads, run the Lula. I'd almost bet it would save you 3-5 seconds on larger mags, if not more. If nothing else, it would be great for reloading between fire fights. If you're worried about having to reload during a fire fight, GET MORE MAGS, lol.

My vest is set up for "Worst Case" scenario type shtf. I can carry 3-400 rnds(in mags) if needed. Still my Lula will be in a grenade pouch, on my base layer drop leg platform, just in front of my .357. Better to have than to not have and this is one of those things it may be better to have handy if needed.

Just my 2 bits worth, ymmv.