I have been noticing a tactic used by the anti-gun left in the 90s is becoming vouge once again. Anti-gun legislation is very unpopular with American voters right now, and the left realizes this. This always brings on the tactic of dividing the hunters from the personal defense gun folks. The "Fudds vs Rambos" if you will. I am both an avid hunter and a RAMBO type as well, so I see it for what it is.

What scares me on this go-around though, is how the Republicans have latched onto this. I was watching a hunting show on the VS channel and they interviewed Jonn McCain, who talked about his support for registration and closing gunshow loopholes, while frequently declaring his support for peoples right to hunt. The lodge owner was getting a boner as McCain layed out his 2nd Ammendment dribble. I seems like half the repuplican party also feels this way now. The NRA is fighting for us right now, but depends heavily on big republican money, so who knows if their priorities will change.

95% of hunters also own assault style weapons and fully support our right to own them, so we need to not fall into the liberal trap of being anti-hunter or anti "Fudd". This furthers their cause and you are being used as a tool. Do you realy think that a guy who covers himself with deer urine, sits in a stand in -20 degree weather, guts an animal, and makes his own sausage somehow thinks along the lines of Nancy Pelosi? Thats just not the case.

Its the elitist gun owners that shoot $6,000 over/unders at flying clay and go on $50,000 hunts without getting dirty that the left has latched onto.

You see the same think with fishing and environmentalist. The left has latched on to elitist "pink shirt wearing" flyfisherman and rich club bass anglers to render the resources off limits to most everyone else.

Obama will go after the guns in some way. If gun owners become divided, it will be easy for him - he only needs to act like McCain or Gulliani or Romney.

...95% of hunters also own assault style weapons and fully support our right to own them...

I wish you were right. Sadly, I believe the number is MUCH lower than 95%.

The range I use is flooded with hunters prior to Deer season, and watching them and talking to them can be quite enlightening.

Want a quick way to spot a Fudd*? Watch for the guy that staples a paper plate to the target frame, fires a few shots at it, and (if he hits it or comes close enough) packs up a leaves.

* - To me Fudd does not mean hunter (in fact I've also known skeet shooters and Benchrest shooters I'd call Fudds). To me, a Fudd is someone who doesn't really support the 2nd ammendment (except as it narrowly effects them). For example, a Fudd hunter would not oppose (and might even support) any gun control measure that did not prevent them from using their hunting weapons. I've even known hunters who would support a requirement to keep their rifles in government arsenals, as long as they were able to get them out to hunt.

Now admittedly the type of Fudds I just mentioned are not all that common. Still, I know far too many that support an 'assault weapon' ban.

cma g21,

I guess hunters are just more pro 2nd here in California, compared to Florida. I hunt evry year in Cali, Nevada, Idaho - and sometimes Utah, Montana, and Wyoming. I have never come across an anti-assault weapon hunter? I only see those types at expensive "gun clubs", never out in the woods. Florida was the first place I ever saw anyone hunt with an AK-47, he killed a nice little meat pig with it.

cma g21,

I guess hunters are just more pro 2nd here in California, compared to Florida. I hunt evry year in Cali, Nevada, Idaho - and sometimes Utah, Montana, and Wyoming. I have never come across an anti-assault weapon hunter? I only see those types at expensive "gun clubs", never out in the woods. Florida was the first place I ever saw anyone hunt with an AK-47, he killed a nice little meat pig with it.

All of the people I hunt with are very pro-2nd Ammendment, and if I used just that group to base it on I'd agree with your 95% figure (might even think it's a bit low). It wasn't until I started talking to many of the hunters at the (public) range that I began to suspect that there were a lot more Fudds than I'd thought.

Now, it could just be that I happened to speak to an unusually large number of anti-AW hunters. Or, it could be that my hunting buddies are pro-AW because I (like many people) tend to associate with like-minded individuals.

Just food for thought...

Want a quick way to spot a Fudd*? Watch for the guy that staples a paper plate to the target frame, fires a few shots at it, and (if he hits it or comes close enough) packs up a leaves.

Hey, screw that. I like shooting my "Obama's gonna win in 2008, Dawg" paper plates. :angry2:

Now, if only Hillary would put one out. :super:

I live in Florida but grew up in rural Illinois. Even these days, most of the folks I encounter, especially hunters, think paramilitary semi-autos are cool, but unnecessary. I run into this here in Florida and when I go up north to visit my folks and friends in Illinois. When I show them one of mine, they get a shit-eatin' grin, but they're like, "oh, man, this is a mass murder gun". I have to politely (mentally) count to ten and then explain to them that murder is bourne in the mind, not in the tool.

I've gotten it befor too, was telling someone about one of my SKS s and a "fudd" overheard, then asked "why do you need that? thats a man-killer." My response was "scince when is owning any gun a need? I want it, and its my right to do so. I have a 5 round mag for it and can go hunting with it if i want, but at a range who wants to reload every 5 rounds? Furthermore, i'm a honorably discharged marine, i had a secret clearance, and every year in in this buisness(i'm a pipefitter, we do nuke shutdowns) I get a background check run on me regardless. Who would you rather own it?"

He just shook his head and walked away. I still doubt he thinks any different.

I ran into a few Fudds just yesterday,I pulled the Saiga out and you would have thought satan had come out of the back of my truck. He says that looks illegal to me...I said "well you need to get away from the farm alittle more often" These guys were all shooting smoke poles so with devine delight I pulled out my AR shorty with a supressor and my Mac submachine gun. Again I get that "I know thats Illegal" I say "well you call the sheriff and when he gets here I'll show him my majic papers and you can watch him drive away without arresting me or confiscating these firearms" They all just packed up and left.

Their is such a thing as fudds and fudds fucking suck.. these are the same dum assholes that vote democrat because their daddys and granddaddys taught them to.. they would disagree with 75% of what the democrats do if they ever did any research at all

I ran into a few Fudds just yesterday,I pulled the Saiga out and you would have thought satan had come out of the back of my truck. He says that looks illegal to me...I said "well you need to get away from the farm alittle more often" These guys were all shooting smoke poles so with devine delight I pulled out my AR shorty with a supressor and my Mac submachine gun. Again I get that "I know thats Illegal" I say "well you call the sheriff and when he gets here I'll show him my majic papers and you can watch him drive away without arresting me or confiscating these firearms" They all just packed up and left.

Their is such a thing as fudds and fudds fucking suck.. these are the same dum assholes that vote democrat because their daddys and granddaddys taught them to.. they would disagree with 75% of what the democrats do if they ever did any research at all

whats a smoke pole?

whats a smoke pole?

Blackpower muzzle stuffer

Hey, screw that. I like shooting my "Obama's gonna win in 2008, Dawg" paper plates. :angry2:

Now, if only Hillary would put one out. :super:

I have a LNIB unfired DPMS in 300 RSAUM.

It's unfired due to CHEAP ammo costing $60 per 20.

My Dad handloads for a Ruger M77 in the same round.

I plan on talking him into loading some Nosler Partitions (For Hunting) Sierra MatchKing (Accuracy) And surplus FMJ (Practice). All 168gn loaded to 3200-3300fps

Some times I just don't have the $$ to practice with 100 rounds of exotic/pricey/hard to find ammo in my choice dear/elk/boar gun.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Upwards of 80% of gun owners vote as the general populous does regardless of gun issues. The gunowners illuminated in the previous threads should not be allowed to own guns, rich or poor because they are simply too damn stupid to grasp the gravity of the situation. The rich fool says" I don't need a cheap commie gun, I have a $45,000 Holland & Holland" and the poor guy says." I don't need a cheap commie gun because I got my 30-30". Both too stupid to see beyond their narrow minds and the left loves this. The republican party with their limp-willy's in hand are saying we have to lose the guns-n-religion mentality.{ why I am no longer republican}. They will not stand up to the left and are now paying for it. So they think if they take the Sears softer-side approach they will regain power. They are DEAD wrong. Guns -n-religion are the only issues I care about with politicians because when it comes to fiscal responsibility or taxes, the only other two electable issues they all lie and fall into line after the election---case in point , barry hussein. Seems now he ain't gonna be they nigga. They elected him and he does not owe them squat. He is gonna play da game. Bush did the same thing, he and the republicans did gunowners no favors. I don't remember seeing a permanent no-semiauto ban legislation or anything close. They had eight years and did not do diddly.

Edited by U.S Praetorian
Blackpower muzzle stuffer

...And now i know. never heard that one, just always hear muzzleloader.

In San Francisco, I bet it means something completely different. :unsure:

Just don't go down any dark alleys there if some dude wants you to check out his "smoke pole." :eek: