How many rounds can an S12 handle per range visit?

I know that some guns are not meant to be shot more than 10-20rds per trip to the range. Others have a tolerance of a few hundred rounds before they really heat up and it starts to hurt the gun.

Where does the Saiga fall when it comes to rounds per range visit? Is it ok to shoot 100rds. per visit? Or will we start to see certain parts wearing pretty quick doing that?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

Did you read that on the internet somewhere? I've never heard of any restriction as to how many rounds you can shoot out of a rifle or pistol before you have to put it up for the night. Maybe if you were shooting full auto, you'd not want to put 20k rounds through it without the barrel falling down, but you're not going to melt the barrel of your Saiga. If you can, you've got a bad ass trigger finger, lots of drums, someone to load them for you, and a bunch of money to pay for shells.

In the past week you've started more threads than anyone I've seen. No problem with that, this is a great place to learn, and I'm new here myself. Turn the computer off, and go SHOOT THAT BAD BOY!!! Why chat with us when your new toy is just begging to get broken in? :wub:

And for the record, I went through an entire CASE of slugs in less than an hour allowing one of the local SWAT teams to play with my Saiga. That's just with 10 round stick mags too, no drum! Thing was dirty as hell, puck was all gunked up, but it still ran like a Deere!

Edited by Wakko
Did you read that on the internet somewhere? I've never heard of any restriction as to how many rounds you can shoot out of a rifle or pistol before you have to put it up for the night. Maybe if you were shooting full auto, you'd not want to put 20k rounds through it without the barrel falling down, but you're not going to melt the barrel of your Saiga. If you can, you've got a bad ass trigger finger, lots of drums, someone to load them for you, and a bunch of money to pay for shells.

In the past week you've started more threads than anyone I've seen. No problem with that, this is a great place to learn, and I'm new here myself. Turn the computer off, and go SHOOT THAT BAD BOY!!! Why chat with us when your new toy is just begging to get broken in? :wub:

And for the record, I went through an entire CASE of slugs in less than an hour allowing one of the local SWAT teams to play with my Saiga. That's just with 10 round stick mags too, no drum! Thing was dirty as hell, puck was all gunked up, but it still ran like a Deere!

I already shared that whenever I put a decent amount of money into anything, I research the hell out of everything having to do with that weapon right down to what ammo to use and the best springs for it. This will be no exception.

Also, I haven't received it yet. It should be here by Friday though.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

I'd go for more than you have money/time answer also. This things have quite an appetite. Put a red dot on it, bunch on clays sitting at 15yards placed yard away, stick in a 10 round mag... less than 3 seconds from "the beep". Good method for training IPSC plate shooting on range where shooting metal aint allowed. Plenty of fun too with friends, competing for best time for 1-2 clays less than fits in a mag.

As stated above, your wallet will hurt more than your gun. It's nothing to run 100-300 rounds at the range, worst part about it is the wife bitching about the CC bill for shot shell ammo. "What did you say Honey, I can't hear you, my ears are still ringing from today at the range" :):):)

The Federal is MUCH better than the Winchester Universal.

To answer your first question....depends on how much your truck will carry...lol.

What is so much better about the Federal bulk compared to the winchester?

Should I not put any winchester through the S12?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

What is so much better about the Federal bulk compared to the winchester?

Should I not put any winchester through the S12?

Federal is more consistent (power wise), better crimp

If your gun runs winchester it won't hurt it

Did you guys know that I know ESP? For example, I predict that in five seconds from right NOW you will hate me.

I pay nothing for my shotgun shells or range time...it's all freeeee.

:haha:

Told you you'd hate me!!!

Did you guys know that I know ESP? For example, I predict that in five seconds from right NOW you will hate me.

What state are you in and why? LEO?

-Emt1581

What state are you in and why? LEO?

-Emt1581

My guess is he is in a delusional state.

O come on that's funny.