clear cover strengths vs black? MD-20

I'm assuming black will be a stronger material than either clear or smoke?

and would make the practical purchase but also I think having a visible round count to refer to would be beneficial...HOWEVER>..another thought popped into my mind while typing this:

tiny peekaboo holes on the black cover to show round count inside the drum?

which one should I buy for the second run? (second run is still available right??)

thanks for any and all input...

YOU THERE!!! please reply now...so I can make a quick purchase asap...thanks bud...

Bounce...

Edited by Bounce

Mike has stated in the past that clear and smoke covers are just as strong as black. Also your idea about peek-a-boo holes in the black cover sounds good in theory but in reality it would allow dirt to enter. Also the holes would weaken the cover to some extent. Personally I don't like the look of smoke or clear either. Also, black would make you feel like Dirty Harry... Did I use 20 rounds or only 19? Do you feel lucky, punk?

Edited by Cannonball888
I have a smoke cover. Before I fired my MD-20 I may or may not have smashed it on the ground really fucking hard. Don't worry about it.

And smoke is black (opaque) from more than a few feet away.

I went with clear...even though I suspect there is a strength and resiliency difference between black and others....I think it's prolly psychowrongical.

but the clear cover will enable me to know when I'm down to the last few rounds during night ops....

I'm assuming black will be a stronger material than either clear or smoke?

and would make the practical purchase but also I think having a visible round count to refer to would be beneficial...HOWEVER>..another thought popped into my mind while typing this:

tiny peekaboo holes on the black cover to show round count inside the drum?

which one should I buy for the second run? (second run is still available right??)

thanks for any and all input...

YOU THERE!!! please reply now...so I can make a quick purchase asap...thanks bud...

Bounce...

All 3 covers are made from the same material (polycarbonate) and are all 3 almost identical in strength. If anything the black polycarbonate is weaker than clear or smoke polycarbonate. I made a few glass filled nylon covers early because the black polycarbonate was acting funny in the molds. It was making a cosmetically funny looking cover (fixed now). I did the glass filled to keep from holding up the first run shipping. You might be surprised that when I tested the nylon covers they didn't take abuse as well as the polycarbonate covers!