CHECK OUT THIS FAKE ON GB

This has got to be one of the best looking fakes i have ever seen

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=120082212

i contacted the seller who is asking 3500 dollars for this piece warning him that it was a fake as the roll mark is obviously not where it ought to be....

i almost hope he is just trying to rip someone off...because if he originally bought this thing thinking he was getting the genuine article i kinda feel bad for him.

here are his email responses after me trying to explain the whole Tromix sbs's have the roll mark deal.

"

"thnx for opinion but i have the warranty and paperwork from tromix........."

this one is funny i told him it should read "tromix Broken arrow OK"

"THNX..........I CHECKED WITH THE WEBSITE AND IT MEETS ALL POINTS FOR TROMIX......NO MENTION OF ANY ARROW........I BOUGHT IT FROM A REPUTABLE DEALER THAT WAITED 2 YRS FOR 2 FROM TROMIX.......THNX JW"

and

"THNX FOR THE INFO..........I APPRECIATE IT BUT I CHECKED THE WEBSITE AND CALLED MY DEALER AND DUG UP ALL MY PAPERWORK THAT INCLUDES THE PACKAGE FROM TROMIX WITH TONYS SERVICE # AND MANUAL FOR USE OF THE WEAPON. MY DEALER ALSO SAYS THAT THERE ARE A FEW VARIANCES IN THEM NOT JUST THE FACT THAT ITS STAMPED ON THE RECEIVER OR THAT WOULD BE THE FOOLPROOF WAY OF MAKING A FAKE...AS I SAID IT MEETS ALL THE REQUIREMENTS FOR AUTHENTICITY ON THEIR WEBSITE.....ONCE AGAIN.......I DO APPRECIATE YOUR WARNING THO....THNX JW"

THIS GUY OBVIOUSLY HAS NOT READ THE "HOW TO ID A FAKE" THREAD!!!LOL

post-8284-1231346991_thumb.jpg

post-8284-1231347007_thumb.jpg

Edited by s12x
this one is funny i told him it should read "tromix Broken arrow OK"

"THNX..........I CHECKED WITH THE WEBSITE AND IT MEETS ALL POINTS FOR TROMIX......NO MENTION OF ANY ARROW........I BOUGHT IT FROM A REPUTABLE DEALER THAT WAITED 2 YRS FOR 2 FROM TROMIX.......THNX JW"

and

"THNX FOR THE INFO..........I APPRECIATE IT BUT I CHECKED THE WEBSITE AND CALLED MY DEALER AND DUG UP ALL MY PAPERWORK THAT INCLUDES THE PACKAGE FROM TROMIX WITH TONYS SERVICE # AND MANUAL FOR USE OF THE WEAPON. MY DEALER ALSO SAYS THAT THERE ARE A FEW VARIANCES IN THEM NOT JUST THE FACT THAT ITS STAMPED ON THE RECEIVER OR THAT WOULD BE THE FOOLPROOF WAY OF MAKING A FAKE...AS I SAID IT MEETS ALL THE REQUIREMENTS FOR AUTHENTICITY ON THEIR WEBSITE.....ONCE AGAIN.......I DO APPRECIATE YOUR WARNING THO....THNX JW"

THIS GUY OBVIOUSLY HAS NOT READ THE "HOW TO ID A FAKE" THREAD!!!LOL

As Mr. Barnum said, "There's one born every minute.".

How do you know he didnt form 1 it and engrave it himself with his city and state as perscribed by the ATF then send it to tony via a form 5 and have him convert it? that happens all the time and tony has encouraged people waiting in the long lines to do it. it makes for way quicker turn around time.

CJG

Edited by rotortuner

((INFO IS IN REVERSE ORDER, START AT THE BOTTOM AND READ UP))

Palladin,

May I see pictures of any additional marks other then factory? I have 1 converted (non-sbs) S12 so I'm familiar with factory marking.

Thx,

Mike

>

>

>

>

> --- begin message ---

>

I BOUGHT IT ON FORM 4 FROM A GUY THAT BOUGHT 2 CONVERSIONS FROM TROMIX.AS TO IF HE WAS THE FORM 1 TRANSFEREE I DON'T KNOW.THERE ARE ALOT OF MARKS ON THIS ONE......THNX FOR UR INTEREST.

PALLADIN

> From: ME

> To: SELLER

> Subject: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item 120082212

> Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 21:40:45 -0500

>

> --- begin message ---

>

> Is this a weapon you sent Tony to convert off your already approved Form 1

> or was on Form 3 from Tony to your dealer (FFL/SOT)and a straight Form 4 to

> you?

>

> I didn't see Tony's engravings is why I ask and if you did a Form 1 to SBS it

> can you tell me what is engraved and where?

>

> Thanks,

> Mike