Just got back from man world. Most of the reloading supply's are sold out.

No primers of any kind. Most all bags of shotgun wads sold out. There were only about 6 1# containers of powder left.

Some ammo sold out ,and popular ammo almost gone,223,9m,.45,ect!

WTF is going on,and is this happening in your neckof the woods?

lets see, everywhere within 25 miles of me is sold out of the standard ammo, only thing left is .338 mags and the oddball mag stuff, I haven't been able to buy 9mm in my area for 2 monthes now, i'm gonna start buying bulk online :( People are either hording for no fucking reason or the manufacturers are getting in on the shit and purposely making a demand to raise prices and share the giant cash cow of Obama's bullshittiness

Nothing like that around here... All the local stores... including gander mountain, and Bass pro shops have the normal stocks on the shelves... If I went in there today, I wouldnt know the difference from last year at this time...

In fact... the little gunshops have even MORE of a selection of ammo than they did a year ago! :eek: Dont ask me how... The prices sure as hell arent what they were a year ago... but the selection kicks ass! :up:

Must be your neck of the woods... not around here anyways... sorry...

:smoke:

The only store within traveling distance from where I live that carries a full reloading department is Sportsman's Warehouse in Las Cruces, NM. It is the same there as your Bass Pro in Vegas. Out of all the popular powders. Has some primers but in very low quantities. Bullets are the odd calibers. Ammo is also in short supply. When they do restock you'd better be there jolly on the spot because the next day anything popular is gone. I was lucky enough to find 1-lb of VV N320 on one of the days I happened to be there. Apparently they have just started carrying Berry's bullets in the 250 per box quantities and I was able to buy some .357's.

BPS has plenty of birdshot, 16ga, 410, etc but is out of most handgun and buckshot.

There are 2 wal mart locations near me. The both have been having trouble keeping 00 buck and 45 acp in stock for the last couple of months.

Chain sporting good store here has almost no ammo in stock.

Biggest gun store around here cannot keep 7.62x39 or 223 in stock. The small shop near my house has most things in stock, but his prices are really high.

BPS has plenty of birdshot, 16ga, 410, etc but is out of most handgun and buckshot.

There are 2 wal mart locations near me. The both have been having trouble keeping 00 buck and 45 acp in stock for the last couple of months.

Chain sporting good store here has almost no ammo in stock.

Biggest gun store around here cannot keep 7.62x39 or 223 in stock. The small shop near my house has most things in stock, but his prices are really high.

My local Walmart that had for the past two years not restocked any ammunition at all has more now than I have ever seen them carry. They have bulk packs of 9mm, 40, .45, .38, .223, 12ga, .22LR. They have probably 100 of those 500 round value packs of .22. It's nuts.

My wife and I have a 2 day shooting class this coming weekend that requires 400 rounds of pistol ammo. I still have 5,000 rounds of my stuff, but the wife is running low on 9mm. My COUNTY is totally sold out of all 9mm and 40S&W; all 3 wallmarts, 3 big 5s, called all 6 gun stores, sports authority - NOTHING. I had to buy 500 rounds of UMC from a buddy that stockpiled 9mm.

I live in a state that tries to pass legislation to ban ammo almost every year, yet I have never seen a run on it - usually just the gun nuts like us stock up. The media is reporting nothing, so you can not blame them for starting a mass hysteria. You also can't convince me that all these people were driven by internet gun forum conspiracy theories either. Maybe people are like animals that can sense the coming danger, running from the forrest fire, hiding from the earthquake about to happen.

Hopefully everything calms down soon and nothing bad happens, but I put in an order for a couple thousand rounds of the wife's stuff anyway.

I haven't seen to much here in the midwest (iowa) but i do travel for work and stop at any gun shop i find. The only thing that is in short supply or inflated pricing is 308 and brass for 308. If you can get it it's expensive. Glad i stocked up before the buying craze.

Just got back from man world. Most of the reloading supply's are sold out.

No primers of any kind. Most all bags of shotgun wads sold out. There were only about 6 1# containers of powder left.

Some ammo sold out ,and popular ammo almost gone,223,9m,.45,ect!

WTF is going on,and is this happening in your neckof the woods?

Try looking online.

The only ammo I buy locally is .22RF. I've not seen the shortages at my local places, but I'd rather not pay the prices they want.

I went to china mart today no 9mm no45 no.22value packs no38spc no380. The clerk told me they have been sold out for three weeks. I then went to sportsmans warehouseand they had 9mm handguns but no ammo for them. A box of .45fmj are $19.95 and are almost sold out of them.

Thanks barry!

Just got back from China-mart and they were wiped out of ammo. Just a couple of boxes of 223 and mainly 22lr ammo. Guy said people have been buying up like crazy. Farm King still has a pretty good inventory but they are higher. China-mart guy wasn't sure what all the fuss was about. Maybe he doesn't read the paper or watch tv. China-mart must be his life. Poor guy.