I purchaces some 20 "USA made" mags. from Sportsmans Guide. What a suprise when I opened the box. The mags are like 2 old mags welded together, a real shitty follower and spring, and a fresh coat of paint. I put one in the AMD 65 and it fell right out of the gun. Not one out of 5 would stay in. Lesson learned.. At this time no real bargains on steel mags. These are going back. They are sending me a retuurn slip to get them out of my hands. Seems like they have been getting calls about these all week. I'm getting my credit and I guess get something name brand. What a stinking heap of shit these are.

I have had some good luck with ProMag AK mags. They are US made and decently made, no issues so far with any of the 7.62x39 30 rounders I bought. Based on that I just got some ProMag AK74 mags in 5.45x39, they also look like a quality product, need to range test them. I have not heard much about the new Tapco Mags. Most of my mags are surplus East German of Hungarian mags with K-Var US made followers and baseplates.

I have had some good luck with ProMag AK mags. They are US made and decently made, no issues so far with any of the 7.62x39 30 rounders I bought. Based on that I just got some ProMag AK74 mags in 5.45x39, they also look like a quality product, need to range test them. I have not heard much about the new Tapco Mags. Most of my mags are surplus East German of Hungarian mags with K-Var US made followers and baseplates.

I have a bunch of steel 30rd Hungarian but I want to find five to ten 20 rd mags put bolt hold open followers and everything would be groovy here.

PLEASE post some pictures of the BAD MAGAZINES... lots of angles... comments on whats wrong, etc...

This will allow the rest of us to refer back to it, when others may buy similar... It will also help to identify potential issues with other mags, by comparison!

:smoke:

Dammit man those are the worse fucking pieces of shit i've seen yet. I could eat metal shavings and crap something better looking than that. The follower looks like the ones that are in those non functioning flimsy SKS mags.

Edited by Superhawk138
Good laaaaaaaaaaaaawd!!

Those look terrible.

If you want the Hungarian 20's, you can get them here: http://www.copesdistributing.net/product_i...products_id=268 . I just picked some up.

A little while ago I saw you posted that somewher else. Thanks..

And by the way there is no markings that would indicate that they were made in the U.S.