so...

i believe in god. but dont have a bible on me at all times...

jesus never was mentioned having a copy of the Torah on him...

unless you are a greek/hebrew scholar, let it go.

and if you are, i am sure we will talk on matters greater the a COPY of a religious document.

oh for fuck sake guys.....he's the president, ...deal with it. Stop with the he fucked up the oath, he may not be a citizen bullshit....stop grasping for straws and do something constructive.

do you really think Obama and Roberts conspired to fuck it up in front of 2 million actual people and the world on TV just so he could redo it later without the bible?......this is Roberts for godsake....GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!

No disrespect intended to my fellow saiga friends, but just cause you don't like it doesn't mean his isn't the Pres. The man gets a chance....i knew bush would be a clusterfuck from the second he won but i gave him a chance, and for about a year he seemed ok......maybe Obama should get the same chance to show us what he can do?

You don't have to like everything he does, no president will ever have a 100% approval rating.....

If the shoes don't fit...he shouldn't be wearing them! And they DON"T fit. BTW, It's very wrong the way he obtained the shoes! I don't have to like him, and I don't have to give him one ounce of respect.

Starting to see a Trolling pattern....

I agree.

If the shoes don't fit...he shouldn't be wearing them! And they DON"T fit. BTW, It's very wrong the way he obtained the shoes! I don't have to like him, and I don't have to give him one ounce of respect.

Again, I agree.

What's with all the "suck it up fellas, he's the President, like it or not" type posts lately?

Him being President doesn't mean we have to all of a sudden like the guy. His views go against mine. Not just differ. But are the polar opposite. Unless/until he does something good for me and my country (that's what the President is supposed to do, no? Work for us!), I feel the same way about him, as I did pre-election.

For the "wait and see" crowd.....that advice needs to be pointed at Obama supporters, a little more than the Obama nay-sayers.. This guy has done nothing yet. But he's being made out to be the best president ever elected in American history, by the people who voted for him. :ded:

oh for fuck sake guys.....he's the president, ...deal with it. Stop with the he fucked up the oath, he may not be a citizen bullshit....stop grasping for straws and do something constructive.

do you really think Obama and Roberts conspired to fuck it up in front of 2 million actual people and the world on TV just so he could redo it later without the bible?......this is Roberts for godsake....GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!

No disrespect intended to my fellow saiga friends, but just cause you don't like it doesn't mean his isn't the Pres. The man gets a chance....i knew bush would be a clusterfuck from the second he won but i gave him a chance, and for about a year he seemed ok......maybe Obama should get the same chance to show us what he can do?

You don't have to like everything he does, no president will ever have a 100% approval rating.....

I totally agree. I don't understand this "all or nothing" mentality. We didn't want Obama to be president so therfore we must hate everything he has ever done or ever will do. He is going to be president for the next four years whether anybody likes it or not. I will like some of what he does and hate the rest. I may want some of his policies to fail but I don't want him to fail just so I can point my finger and say I told you so. There is too much at stake

Heres my problem. Think about the last 8 years. Think about all the ways the Dems/lefists have acted. Think about the lies, conspiracy theories, think about all the documentaries how Bush is ruining the world through democracy/ capitalism. Think about ALL the times they claim he lied about intelligence leading up to the 03 Iraq invasion, think about all the brave red state men and women who have DIED because blue state New York was attacked by terrorists. Only to have the leftist/dems claim it was Bush all along. THINK ABOUT all the doubts they have raised over the last 8 years over the election results, i.e. frauds/conspiracies etc. NOW WITH ALL THIS ELECTION FRAUD/DOUBT WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I EVER RESPECT/ BELEIVE THAT NOBOAMA WAS ELECTED FAIRLY AND LAWFULLY

he'll get no quarter from me as Bush was shown NON.

Didn't mean to piss in anybodies wheaties and start a shit storm by posting it, but this country was founded on the principals of the christian faith and it's beliefs. My question, that I had, that I didn't post was, if he's such a Christian, why did he dis the Bible the second time.

do you really think Obama and Roberts conspired to fuck it up in front of 2 million actual people and the world on TV just so he could redo it later without the bible?......this is Roberts for godsake....GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK! ...

We are a nation of law, all are subject to it. To abandon it is the start of a slide into tyranny. The Constitution explicitly states what he's supposed to say, the Constitution is not "bullshit." Two previous presidents, Calvin Coolidge and Chester Arthur, did under similar circumstances, why do you feel that Obama should be above this? (The question was rhetorical, we already know.)

If it is proven he is not a citizen, he is not the President and can and should be removed at once. Get over it, he is subject to the law of the land.

can we say ACORN elected him?... Hitler also did good in his community while providing good for the masses and oppression of the few. He was there ruler like it our not do you think the Jews wanted his good ideas to work and just his bad ones to fail... .. so we just because Nobama is president are supposed to support the man attempting to steal our freedoms while some of his ideas on the way there might work out for the good... Good of who I ask....! why would you support someone infringing on your rights as Americans, just because he has not attempted to take all of them yet.. he could be setting the stage for the future...What seems like something good now, in retrospect could be the next atrocity in the history books. He is the President of the United States however I do not support his cause. By default I hope he does not destroy our country, however I would like the world to see him for what he his along with his mindless zombie followers...

By convention, incoming Presidents raise their right hand and hold the other on a Bible or other book while taking the oath of office. Use of a Bible is not required by law. Theodore Roosevelt did not use a Bible when taking the oath in 1901. Dwight Eisenhower, Harry Truman, and Richard Nixon swore the oath on two Bibles. John Quincy Adams swore on a book of law. Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn in on a Roman Catholic missal on Air Force One.

I feel, if you believe in God, use the Bible and show it. I wouldn't expect him to have his Bible in his hip pocket and I don't expect him to produce one at all times of the day. However, this is the Oath of office of the President of the United States and not just any time of any day for an average person. How hard of a task is it to go and get your Bible when you need it? Or any Bible? Or to have someone else go and find one? He's not lazy, absent minded or naive. He knows that every thing he does is scrutinized over and over and that every public action has great meaning across the world. He knew this one would too.

I don't believe they messed up the wording on purpose and I do think he thought long and hard about using a Bible the second time around.

I fail to see how fixing a technical foul up, that was still good, makes the man a god hating atheist? Yeh, they could have found another bible, as I am sure they dont casually drag lincolns inaugural bible around all too casually, but oh well! When you give your word, you give your word, bible or no bible.

I am glad that he re-said it, just for the fact of what the oath of office says. MAybe he will remember that he is there to defend and protect the constitution of the united states.

If the founding fathers had machine guns, 20 round handguns, and 1000 yard rifles, they would have made them legal.

"I fail to see how fixing a technical foul up makes the man a god hating atheist?"

Same here. Who said that? Me?

"I am sure they dont casually drag lincolns inaugural bible around all too casually"

I wouldn't think they do, but they sure make a lot of new ones every day.

"When you give your word, you give your word"

I concur.

"I am glad that he re-said it, just for the fact of what the oath of office says. MAybe he will remember that he is there to defend and protect the constitution of the united states."

Same here. I really hope he upholds his oath completely.

I like that something so small and insignificant they had to do sleazily. It's like they're showing off their disrespect. But... this is pretty dumb anyway. It's just silly that he'd go this far just to get out of swearing on a bible. Whatever.

What's with all the "suck it up fellas, he's the President, like it or not" type posts lately?

I know what you mean......but you know what...i still see cars with the bumper sticker "Bush Won, deal with it" every week......

it is no different than when republicans were in power, it is just that the shoe is on the other foot now.

I sit in the middle ground.....he gets a chance to show us what he can do.

do you really think Obama and Roberts conspired to fuck it up in front of 2 million actual people and the world on TV just so he could redo it later without the bible?......this is Roberts for godsake....GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK! ...

We are a nation of law, all are subject to it. To abandon it is the start of a slide into tyranny. The Constitution explicitly states what he's supposed to say, the Constitution is not "bullshit." Two previous presidents, Calvin Coolidge and Chester Arthur, did under similar circumstances, why do you feel that Obama should be above this? (The question was rhetorical, we already know.)

If it is proven he is not a citizen, he is not the President and can and should be removed at once. Get over it, he is subject to the law of the land.

Azrial...to clarify, my point was not that he shouldn't have taken it again...i agree that it was best that he did, even though the legal scholars pointed out that he officially became president at 12:00 pm eastern on Tuesday...even though he didn't take the oath for another 5 minutes....

it was with the original title of the thread that got my dander up, he did retake the Oath but not with the bible handy...did he refuse the bible?, i've not read that in news i've looked at, and that included FOXnews website....i would think they would have gone gonzo with that one if it were the case. He'd already taken it once with a flubbed word (thanks to Roberts....Roberts has accepted the blame for flubbing it)...not that it changed the meaning.... with his hand on the Lincoln bible....

I agree no one is above the law, but i've yet to see any proof that he has broken any law, or proof that he is not a citizen....IF he was not a citizen, fine remove him, but you know.... I've been hearing that story for over a year, and they have had plenty of time to sort this out, and SCOTUS refused to review it. Innocent until proven otherwise.......

my point was that it is time to move on (no not trying make a liberal PAC pun there).....do other things to counter his actions that you don't like, be active politically, but just whining and bitching...the grasping at straws that i mentioned is not constructive.