Media reported another AK used in a shooting in Miami last night. Here is the story.

"MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Miami police issued a plea for information Saturday after at least one person with an assault rifle opened fire on a crowd of people on a streetcorner Friday night, killing two teens and wounding seven other people.

Miami police cordon off the area where a crowd of people was fired upon Friday night.

Miami police cordon off the area where a crowd of people was fired upon Friday night.

"We need the community to come together, someone come forward and give us a tip," Miami Police Officer Kenia Alfonso told CNN.

"There are a lot of people in that area. Someone must have seen something, someone must know who could've done this horrific crime."

Alfonso said two teens, ages 16 and 18, died in the attack, which occurred in front of a grocery store about 9:50 p.m. Friday in the city's Liberty City neighborhood.

Six of the nine shot were current or former Northwestern Senior High School students, Alfonso said.

"It was like a war zone," resident Joan Rutherford told CNN affiliate WSVN. "I witnessed this guy laying there with his face, looked like it was completely tore off. His eyes was all I could see, and he had a grip on some money and gasping and trying to lift his head up to say something."

Police Chief John Timoney said that at least one man with an AK-47 "discharged numerous rounds, then ran around the corner. There were some more rounds discharged there from an AK-47 and another weapon."

One of those wounded was in critical condition Saturday and undergoing surgery, Timoney said.

"We are convinced that because of the amount of people out here last night that there is somebody that knows the individuals or individual involved, and we need them to come forward," Timoney said, according to WSVN.

"These are weapons of war, and they don't belong on the streets of Miami or any other street in America," Mayor Manuel Diaz said.

Miami police spokeswoman Kenia Alfonso said Friday night that police did not know the motive for the shooting and had no suspects."

I loved the quote by the mayor, ""These are weapons of war, and they don't belong on the streets of Miami or any other street in America," Mayor Manuel Diaz said. He was specifically speaking of the AK that was used. Guess we can expect our AKs and Saigas to be first on the next AWB list. :(

Last time the media reported an AK was used in a shooting, you could clearly see a Remington Viper .22 being carried by a responding officer. :rolleyes:

And shit, I thought the name "John Timoney" sounded familiar. We had the blabbering asshat here in Philly for awhile (I thought he was still in charge? :unsure: ), now it looks like youze Floridians had the mis fortune of inheriting him. :lol:

HEY NOW GADDIS. Thems fighting words, now!

LOL you are right though!

Whats wrong with Florida? I can shoot you dead without even opening (read: THROUGH) the front door, here!! cant be all that bad, right? come on, fart out front, see what happens! goddamn northerners I tell ya!

:)

....oh, I DARE YA to take a potshot, or HINT at taking one, at any cop here....I gotta say it aint gonna work out well for ya!

How is the snow? need any oranges? I can only eat so many off of my tree out front in a tshirt and shorts in the middle of winter down here, ya know!

DONT mess with our oranges and lemons! We get all fruity about it down here!

BRRRRRRRRRR its cold, its almost 60! I need a fire! Im FREEZING cold i tell ya! I had to put my slippers on to check the mail today!!!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR shit, and i can shoot your ass THROUGH the front door? damn, im staying here, dont care what you say! Hell i aint even got to get up off the couch! This is almost (but not quite) as good as fishing for trout and shooting whitetail out the front door......

Florida does have its perks, I tell ya......I am having a tough time finding faults in it, thats for sure.....

OP - GO AHEAD BAN THEM I GOT PLENTY SO DO THE REST OF US. Miami is like a city in 3rd world earth, try pulling that around the civilized parts of Florida, see what happens. People are getting tired of this crap. I have moved from God's country, NY, to God's country FL, and have seen God's country OH, AZ, NM, NV, etc etc. I will note that this type of thing doesnt happen very often where the REST of us reside.....and for good reason.....

but lets ban AKs because of 3rd world america Miami and the illegal acts done with illegal firearms......I am sure all of us will support that bill, huh?

what a crock of shit.

I am glad that I live in a state where i can justifiably shoot back, and shoot to kill. take your gun control and shove it, thank you.

I can take care of me, mine, and my neighbors JUST fine without any "help", thanks. If George Washington HAD HAD AKs and ARs, he would have made them legal to own, I HAVE ZERO DOUBT. He PROBABLY would have at the least given every voting American one SELECTOR as well.....and times havent changed that much in 200 years!

sorry, blah blah, I am sure i say this as "Ben V." and not for CGW. Mr Tom or Ms Vicki may have my head for being obstreperous, but they know I am right, at least, even if they do bust my chops for saying this type of shit.....

/rant off - thank you

Can't blame the Cold War policy that allowed (and continues to allow) tons of Cuban nationals to come here with no money or credentials, opening the door to gangs and drug cartels, can we? Nothing against legal immigration, but this practice of making otherwise-illegal immigration legal for a particular subset that otherwise meets none of the prerequisites to gain residency, citizenship, or a job when they get here is, predictably, going to undermine public order. It creates an area ripe for illegal activity and exploitation due to no real oversight.