My father had a MAC10 before the ban went into affect here in PRK. It was pretty cool looking, but I dont miss it. Very heavy, inacurate, poor parts availability, unreliable, and shoots just as fast as a glock. Its usefulness is limited to a full auto version. But for nolstalgia's sake, get one while you can.

the safety in my MAC is Parkerized steel. The only parts in mine that are not steel are the hand strap, rear part of the grip and the recoil buffer. I guess the later manufactures may have changed some of the materials.

I came across a MasterPieceArms .45 gun about 6 months ago, hardly shot, with 6 mags, 5 still in wrappers and grease, all for $200.00. It has 16" barrel and skeleton stock, pisser to it all is that the flash hider is tack welded in place, when I called MPA to ask about the gun, I found out that it was sold a day or so before or after the ban in 1994, the welded hider would seem to mean after, but anyway, the gun had original gooey in it from factory when I got it. It shoots pretty good, good enough for the kids to play with anyway. :):)

My father had a MAC10 before the ban went into affect here in PRK. It was pretty cool looking, but I dont miss it. Very heavy, inacurate, poor parts availability, unreliable, and shoots just as fast as a glock. Its usefulness is limited to a full auto version. But for nolstalgia's sake, get one while you can.

Yeah the semi-macs arn't really worth having as shooter. Both open and closed bolt semis are clunky as a brick and you're better off with any semi auto pistol in terms of accuracy. But its a cool looking menacing gun to bump-fire on the range, if you're into that. Parts availability isn't all that bad these days, especially with the M/11. Check it out, FTF industries has barrelled uppers for $85, stripped uppers $55, replacement barrels (important for SMG!) $40. Not too bad compared to other machine guns.

http://www.ftfindustries.com/accessories_etc_.htm

the safety in my MAC is Parkerized steel. The only parts in mine that are not steel are the hand strap, rear part of the grip and the recoil buffer. I guess the later manufactures may have changed some of the materials.

I guess so. Mine is an SWD 1986 gun so they were cranking em out pretty fast there for a while, trying to register as many as possible before the '86 ban. Whatever my safety is made of, its definitely not parkerized steel. But the rest of the FCG looks good. My wish list includes Lage's improved safety, Gas block, and hardened sear. Then I'll be good to go.

I have a preban Cobray kit gun in .380 . Alot of work. Made from flat with no holes. All f/a parts came

with the kit. I made a new sear, tacked the pin inside, removed the front sling and buttstock to keep everyone happy.

The new ones have a different hole pattern from what I understand so they can't convert to f/a. with

the original parts kits.

It turned out really rough looking, but I take it out and play with it every now and then, but not something I would trust my life to. Someday I may even clean it up and put a finish on it. (yeah sure

I will)....

post-11862-1233985348_thumb.jpg

Edited by read_the_wall

read_the_wall I've been thinking about doing that myself is it difficult? This is the first post that I've seen where someone has said that they built their own. I was thinking about how I hadn't seen one earlier today.

Termite I'll give you $250 for it. I'm 32 but still think of myself as a kid. :shame:

Yes, it was not easy. I had to make a die to fold the flat first. After weld and holes and new sear and assy, the angle of the feed ramp was not correct. I have messed

with this thing for years. It was more of a toy than anything serious. It is also an open bolt gun, so I have to go to the range every time I want to try something.

For the price of the new ones, I would go that route. imho

Yes, it was not easy. I had to make a die to fold the flat first. After weld and holes and new sear and assy, the angle of the feed ramp was not correct. I have messed

with this thing for years. It was more of a toy than anything serious. It is also an open bolt gun, so I have to go to the range every time I want to try something.

For the price of the new ones, I would go that route. imho

Oh, get some snap caps if you want to screw with that!

Racer, I WISH I could be 32 again, but that ain't gonna happen, my oldest daughter turns 31 in 2 months, and SORRY, but the .45 isn't for sale. It's too much fun to shoot, a full mag dump is a hoot and the gun isn't that hard to control, actually, my Thompson .45 pistol is harder to control than this one.

Racer, I WISH I could be 32 again, but that ain't gonna happen, my oldest daughter turns 31 in 2 months, and SORRY, but the .45 isn't for sale. It's too much fun to shoot, a full mag dump is a hoot and the gun isn't that hard to control, actually, my Thompson .45 pistol is harder to control than this one.

Just thought that i'd ask. I'm still trying to see which one I want to buy right now if its the mac10 or 11. I guess it will be which ever one is the cheapest. Thinking about making one of my own for a project.

Hey if anyone needs some mags for these this guy is selling 5 for a opening bid of $700 with buy it now of $900. :shocked:http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewI...?Item=122091402

...and if your contemplating a SMG, look at the Lage MAX-11 upper, google Lage. This is a superb item that puts the M-11 system equal to or better than HK in performance.

I've got the Lage upper and it is the best product made so far for the M11/9. Can't wait for the 22 to come out.

Lage makes metal inserts for the feed lips on the There is an outfit, whose name escapes me that make a model that uses the drum mags for 7.62x25 (Soumi?)

That would be Stoneycreek Armory

Stonycreek made some accessories before there was much in the way of creative quality work like Lage's Max-11. Their old stuff was the best there was for a while and was simple like grips, basic rails. Their Suomi upper, although a good idea, took years to produce, much of that time spent AFTER taking people's money (like mine) only to begin slowly turning out some uppers with some big problems after pushing the release date 1/2 dozen times. Failures to eject correctly due to the ejection rod being too short/long, failures to feed due to mag variances, a larger "monster sear" was finally created and sold (great, more $) because the factory sear wouldn't hardly engage their bolt which led to run away guns (mine did it too) and serious safety issues, oh and the front pin, which they said was temporary, was undersized and would key hole (damage) the font retaining pins receive hole. As far as I know a correctly sized pin was never produced.

So yeah, I only shoot the Max 11 from Lage, its extremely reliable and accurate and he offers different bolt weights (changes ROF) and sight, rail, grip, and stock options. I think most people attribute the increased rise in prices of the M11 and Mac10 to his products. Uzis and AR15s haven't doubled in value in the last 5 years.

Ky about 5 - 10 years ago I looked at the full auto mac and said to myself I should buy one but money being tight I passed. Wish I would have bought one then. I don't know about the 22 kit, if I had a full auto it would be nice but from what I read it will be just as much as a semi auto.

Edited by Racer 27

So I went and got the money order to send into the seller of the mac 10 upper and mailed it. As I was leaving the grocery store, something was drawing me to pick up a Trading Post paper. So I spent the quarter and got one, opened it to the gun section, and I found this for $350! I guess my first one will be the Mac 11 9mm.

I can't get my pictures to download right damn it. I got some in the Post you pic to work but the ones off the wife's camera aren't uploading right.

I got a SWD inc Mac 11 9mm with:

Owners manuel

fake silencer

barrel extension

muzzle brake

thread protector

cloth strap for the front grip

hell fire trigger system

shoulder holster (haven't figured that one out yet)

2 single point slings

mag loader

mag coupler

3 30 round mags

1 20 round mag

all with a okay plastic hard case

and to top it off... at least 98% condition :super:

I am finger fucking the hell out of it right now.

I know V no pictures i'm trying. Fucking camera.

post-5704-1234328604.jpeg

Edited by Racer 27

I'm throwing in the towel for now on the pics.

If anyone is interested he had a early saiga 12 with no bho, bird shot sights, and non treaded barrel for $450.

I turned him on to this site, so it might still be for sale or not.

If your reading this thank you for the very nice gun.

Jesse

ETA I'd also like to thank Vultite for his what should I buy thread. It got me a beautiful weapon.

Edited by Racer 27
  • 15 years later...