frustrated new owner

You know it is very frustrating when you walk into a gun store to look for a certain gun and they tell you they cant get the one you want, so you ask the gun store to show you what else they have and what they would recommend and why and they sell you a gun that is supposedly the most reliable on the market and you have taken it back twice to get fixed and they tell you on the phone before you come get it that it's done and come get it only to have it jam again. Now im sure they know how to fix it but isn't it a shame the gun shop cant fix a new gun? Wait.. did I just say fix a NEW gun? Funny thing is I looked the guy in the eye and told him to fix it and test fire it and not to call me until the gun was fixed. They called me to come pick it up, I asked if they test fired it and they told me no. I then asked if they oiled it and the guy said yes but then went in the back for 5 minuets, came out and said, Now its oiled up good. Supposedly he drilled gas ports bigger. I go fire the NEW gun and still no shell ejection. I take it back and ask the guy if I can get my $ back because at this point had I needed to use it for an intruder I might be dead as well as my family!! His answer was, We'll get it right come back in a week. Am I really expected to put up with this? I really don't even like the gun now and will sell it ASAP. Bad experience with a new saiga 12!

From utah. I think its absurd that one would spend $1200 on a gun and need to port the holes in the gas tube because the people who made the gun failed to do this correctly, this is what they tell me anyway. That would be like going into your local electronic store and asking them to deliver your new HD TV to the local television repair shop because it needs work done before it will work.

First of all, the Saiga-12 is a $250 gun. Not a $1,200 gun.

Second, it sounds like your gun is missing parts or something. Or you have it on the wrong gas setting. Or you are using ammo that is too light to cycle a semi-auto shotgun.

What ammo are you using?

What gas setting is it on?

Do you have the gas setting cap screwed in most of the way?

We can start to figure out the problem once we know those three things. And trust me, the Saiga-12 cycles a broader range of ammo than every crappy automatic Remington, Benelli, or Mossberg.

duramax1 -

I want to let you know that Cadiz Gun Works will fix your gun FOR FREE under warranty contract through RAAC. We are the people you need to talk to. Give Mrs Vicki Jo Cole a call during EST business hours and tell her that your gun is new and is not working, and she will arrange to have the gun shipped free of charge both ways, and the problem addressed and fixed in a timely fashion. 740 942 3175

There are some past and new inconsistancies (why cant I spell that word right) that are known and arent known to the public, in these guns in rare cases, and we will get you sorted out proper and in a professional manner. I will say that Cadiz Gun Works is not disclosing some issues that are occuring now, due to the fact that we do not want to see a rash of people attempting to fix their guns, and not being able to do so, thus voiding thier warranty.

We will require what shop you had work on the gun, and you should explain to Ms Vicki exactly the dilemna you are having.

I do not know what your issue may be, or if the shop invalidated the warranty on your gun or not, but we will try to get things sorted out to your satisfaction. In worst case, if you are eligible, the gun will be swapped out for a new one.

We do apologize that you are having such a bad experience with your new firearm.

-Ben Vampatella

First of all, the Saiga-12 is a $250 gun. Not a $1,200 gun.

I would love, love, love to know where I can find them for $250. And the "I paid $250 for mine 3 years ago" argument doesn't stand. Lots of people paid $xxx for their homes 3 years ago...and most of them can't get that for them now. Times change. ;) The market says the S12 is about a $550 - $600 gun. And the buyers seem to agree.

But yeah...if you paid $1200 for a stock (or even basic PG converted) S12, then your gun store stuck it in and broke it off in 'ya. That's Tromix / Cadiz / other-trusted-company-for-a-quality-gun range.

As far as "for $xxx I expect xxx"...well, we've all been spoiled to how quality US manufacturers build things. It doesn't necessarily work that way in the rest of the world, especially in AK land with the current pricing / political environment. I highly, highly suggest you never ever ever buy a Moto Guzzi, if you're used to Japanese motorcycles. ;) lol

Edited by motoguy

duramax1 - If you wanted a reliable shotgun you should never have bought a semi-auto! :nonono: Anyone will tell you that if you want a reliable shotgun that will fire and extract shot after shot regardless of any load to USE A PUMP GUN! :excl: You can get a good Mossberg or Remington for basic home defense from $300 -$400 at just about any reputable gun store. I got mine at a local sporting goods store. The pump gun is my primary home defense weapon and it stands ready at all times.

I also have an S12 and I have no problems with it so far. This gun is based on the AK design which is very durable. I heard stories about guerilla forces in third world countries lubing their weapons with axle grease and still fire without a problem so it isn't rocket science to lube these things. You can do it yourself. BTW I paid $1k for mine but that included the work needed to make them Cali compliant.

drwho - love your avatar! Tom Baker is the only proper Dr Who in my book! :up:

Edited by FrustratedInCali

Thanks for every ones help! I thought about buying a pump but really want this gun to work. I will send the gun out to Cadiz guns (Thank you by the way) if the store I bought it from cant get it right this time. Every one has an opinion when it comes to guns. I have to be honest I haven't had anyone complain about the benelli m4 which is what I wanted originally. I will update this topic next weekend when it supposedly will be done (AGAIN!)

Cadiz will get it right. Even if they are flatlanders from Ohio :lol: seriously though, Tom knows his stuff that's why he's shop that does warranty work for RAAC. Ya might not know who was working on the gun in the other shop.

$1,200.00? Is it gold plated?

Saiga 12 nib $540-650

Trigger gaurd saitech/tromix: $52-80

FCG: $50-65 if you dont know how to mod your own.

Saw grip $ 25

surfire 12 rdr $50

tromix stock $90

back plate -2deg and tig welded $80 if you dont own a mill or tig.

hand guard $40-265

hand guard retainer $30

Gold Plating $ 950 :super:

So in the average a 1060 value on just gun and parts is not unrealistic and thats before any Good Rep gun shop gets a hold of it. Prices include shipping and are an off the hip estimate but in my opinion theres no gold but a decent converted S12 is worth at least 1200 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

You are mad at the gunshop because their distributor is out of Benellis?

You are mad because the gunshop reccommended a Saiga?

You are mad at the gunshop, because the Russian mfg built the gun wrong?

You are mad because they weren't able to fix the gun the first time around? The warranty work/labor falls on the mfg/ditributor, not the retailer. I do not know why they took it upon themselves to fix it, and lose their profit.

They probably did oil it originally, then figured they better go back and oil the sh*t out of it just in case you weren't happy.

I think they did nothing wrong, and I think they bent over backwards for something that wasn't even their fault. I think they probably lost their profit on it too, with the unexpected labor. Sounds like they went out of their way to make you happy.

I hate to go against the grain, but I think sometimes people expect too much from a dealer. The profit margins on guns are pretty small, add in d*cking around with stuff like this and you're likely to go out of business. This gun should have gone straight to a Saiga warranty station.

just my .02

Edited by C&S Metall-Werkes
You know it is very frustrating when you walk into a gun store to look for a certain gun and they tell you they cant get the one you want, so you ask the gun store to show you what else they have and what they would recommend and why and they sell you a gun that is supposedly the most reliable on the market and you have taken it back twice to get fixed and they tell you on the phone before you come get it that it's done and come get it only to have it jam again. Now im sure they know how to fix it but isn't it a shame the gun shop cant fix a new gun? Wait.. did I just say fix a NEW gun? Funny thing is I looked the guy in the eye and told him to fix it and test fire it and not to call me until the gun was fixed. They called me to come pick it up, I asked if they test fired it and they told me no. I then asked if they oiled it and the guy said yes but then went in the back for 5 minuets, came out and said, Now its oiled up good. Supposedly he drilled gas ports bigger. I go fire the NEW gun and still no shell ejection. I take it back and ask the guy if I can get my $ back because at this point had I needed to use it for an intruder I might be dead as well as my family!! His answer was, We'll get it right come back in a week. Am I really expected to put up with this? I really don't even like the gun now and will sell it ASAP. Bad experience with a new saiga 12!

send it to CGW, i just got mine back and it run perfectly now. then order a md-20 and stfu! lol