Which is your preferred FCG

Okay so I'm almost ready to do my Evil Empire State™ conversion, I will be basing it on the Bulgarian stock builds of Nailbomb and Alpha Kilo as this is as close to a pistol grip as I can get.

I just need to make up my mind on which FCG to get. Whichever FCG I go for I'm 99.9% sure I'll be getting it from/thru Cobra, as of right now I'm on the fence about the Tapco G2 and Texas AK. I'm curios as to what FCG ya'll would recommend including any moders remorse A.K.A. hindsight.

TIA

Fenrir

edited for speeling

Edited by fenrir

AK-47 Adjustable Military Trigger System available from Blackjack Buffers.

This FCG is fully adjustable in single stage or double stage mode and counts as 3 US parts.

I put it on my WASR-10/68 and love it. :super:

Make sure you read the adjusting instructions and follow them in the proper order. :rolleyes:

The trigger can be adjusted for easy bump fire as well though I do not recommend it for safety reasons. :ded:

This FCG is fully adjustable in single stage or double stage mode and counts as 3 US parts.

Make sure you read the adjusting instructions and follow them in the proper order. :rolleyes:

The trigger can be adjusted for easy bump fire as well though I do not recommend it for safety reasons. :ded:

Oh good, another FCG to add to the list. That's a Red Star Arms FCG any known 'issues' with those?

Oh good, another FCG to add to the list. That's a Red Star Arms FCG any known 'issues' with those?

Yes, it is a Red Star product.

I had no issues with it so far. I set it up for a two stages with a very light initial take up and small and clean brake on the second stage.

Doing it again i would have cut the notch in the reciever and gone with a texas ak trigger. I have heard the double hook improves pull somewhat, but mostly i like the more ergo look to the trigger and the grooves would be nice when one is in wet conditions i think. Practicly both of these things would be great for hunting.

But really i have no complaints about my G2, it functions fine, and yes it does feel better than the stock trigger.

Edited by Nailbomb
Okay so I'm almost ready to do my Evil Empire State™ conversion, I will be basing it on the Bulgarian stock builds of Nailbomb and Alpha Kilo as this is as close to a pistol grip as I can get.

I'm doing the same exact thing :lol: . So much for having a unique S12, NailBomb! All us NY'ers are copying you!!

When you posted those pics of your setup, that was all the motivation I needed.

To stay on subject, I'm going with the good ol' G2. I've got one in my x39, and I love it. It's also going to Cobra for a tune up, and I'm getting one of his pre-modded retainer plates.

They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I had a vision and followed through, if that inspired others so much the better. besides we're all working from the same parts bin, i just highlighted something that was already available. And to be honest I even imitated others(I would have never choped down my tri rail if not for a pic of camerons, and YOU have his quad rail not me, take that for what you will), and sought others help. The cycle repeats...

I have a krebs retaining plate for the s-12 i liked it enough to buy one for my x39, i'm sure you'll like it.

On a off topic note, you guys looked into the slr-95 stock? I'm sure that would look great on a S-12. I look at turkey guns and some of them have similar stocks.

Edited by Nailbomb

I agree 100 %. This is the one I used in my conversion and it is fantastic. No regrets here and its offered at a nice price through blackjack buffers. I have oredered a few things from them and all was fine.

DT

I agree 100 %. This is the one I used in my conversion and it is fantastic. No regrets here and its offered at a nice price through blackjack buffers. I have oredered a few things from them and all was fine.

DT

Just wanted to chime in here on Blackjack Buffers. +1 for them. Excellent prices, super fast shipping and great customer service.

Funny CGW has my S12 and is doing a conversion with the bulgarian "dragonuv" type stock too. I would rather have a double hook trigger but for now I will stick with the stock trigger that CGW puts in. I did look at the slr-95 stock but I will stick to the bulgarian one for now, for $20 you can't go wrong.

I started out using tapco and Kvar recently replaced all six with TEXAS AK triggers.

Most noticeable is a more positive safety too much trigger movement on tapco for me.

I can't find the link but there were some problems with the adjustable one after some

trigger time.

my two cents, OVERKILL

Ok, so the consensus seems to be for either the Texas or Tapco, good thing I have two s-12's ;)

Is this the slr-95 stock you're talking about and if so does anyone know how it fits ham sized hands?

Thumhole_Butt_Stock.jpg

Consensus is on Texas and Tapco because of price. The adjustable trigger is much better but cost more (I have the Tapco on another gun).

Some had trouble over time because they did not properly put Loctite on all the adjusting screws and they moved out.

You can't go wrong with any of the three mentioned above though.

Ok, so the consensus seems to be for either the Texas or Tapco, good thing I have two s-12's ;)

Is this the slr-95 stock you're talking about and if so does anyone know how it fits ham sized hands?

Thumhole_Butt_Stock.jpg

Yeap thats the SLR-95 style stock.

As far as how it fits ham sized hands ask indy, he has a few guns with this style of stock.

• 1 month later...

I prefer a trigger that has been carefully polished to perfection and doesn't have a bunch of screws and mess to have to adjust and worry about locktiting or having them come loose when you need your gun to work. Tune a regular trigger like a TAKT, FSE, or G-2 and you are "adjusting it". The advantage is, it can't possibly come un-adjusted. The RSA triggers are over rated IMO and cost too much. You can make any other US made AK trigger just as sweet if you know what you're doing.

There is a note on the RSA page that says "SAIGA RIFLES- RSA trigger will fit all pistol grip models, RSA trigger will not fit hunting stock models - if your rifle looks like this it will not fit: (shows picture of stock Saiga rifle)"

I'm guessing this might not apply after the pistol grip conversion is performed?

jonblack

There is a note on the RSA page that says "SAIGA RIFLES- RSA trigger will fit all pistol grip models, RSA trigger will not fit hunting stock models - if your rifle looks like this it will not fit: (shows picture of stock Saiga rifle)"

I'm guessing this might not apply after the pistol grip conversion is performed

Correct, It will only fit if the trigger is moved back to it's original configuration.