You're not kidding about that. I do consulting work now, and it's sad to see that if you can afford a good attorney (and consultant), you can get out of a BS charge, but if you can't afford it, your choices are pretty much take a plea or lose in court.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NC SHOOTER~~ Which "brutal and repressive regime" are you refering to?  I know that our country has some problems but compared to other places those are some strong words. 

A very good point you make and I agree with you that, in a RELATIVE sense, America is not an especially "brutal and repressive regime". However, in an ABSOLUTE sense, that is, compared to an ideal, America has its flaws and certainly there are those individuals who have been brutalized and/or repressed by our government in recent times here in our country, and it was in this absolute context I used the phrase, albeit not very clearly.

But I must say that I stand corrected, or at least enlightened, by you; it is often said that "everything is relative" and I do now agree that it would be more accurate, as well as giving the recognition due every victim of brutal repression, to use that phrase in the relative fashion only.

>>>>It is good to get worked up about situations it will keep us aware, and knowing the quotes of our forefathers is good and well,

Agree wholeheartedly!!

>>>>but sometimes it takes "Action More Then Words".

And again, I strongly agree and this is important - most here in America seem to not utilize their right to participate in government by contacting our leaders to inform them of our desires and opinions. Its also kind of pathetic that only about half of Americans eligible to vote can be bothered to do so, when 60% of eligible Iraqis braved bombings, sniping and other ugly and dangerous retribution to participate in their elections.

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

P.S. Couldn't log on for a while. Couldn't even access any part of Saiga-12 site; thought it might be down. Had to travel to DC on biz and thought it might be related to different access venue... Also considered that I might have been hacked or banned. Anybody else had that problem before?

Hurray!!  Look what I found in NCShooters verbose postings:

" I fully agree that its not smart to press your luck with the one-ton gorilla, even if you allegedly hold clear title to said animal."

and

"Its still a valid point to review, discuss and understand our rights even if we cannot exercise them at the present."

Had this been his response to the thread at the point of his first posting things would not have gone South.

Um, for the third or fourth time now, I'll point out to you that:

A) It was in the VERY FIRST POST THAT I EXPRESSED ANY PERSONAL OPINION ON THIS THREAD I STATED THAT I AGREED WITH BVAMP AS TO KEEPING A LOW PROFILE - evidence of this FACT is and has been right there for all to read.

B) Things did not go "south" until you immediately started in with the personal attacks that were based on your initial and INCORRECT assumption that I was advocating otherwise.

Which part of this can't or won't you understand?

>>> his attempt to "inform and inspire" the rest of us was an insult to our intelligence

See my previous post for psycho-analysis of this particular symptom of insecurity and self-esteem issues, as well as the transparent attempt to emotionally and politically manipulate the group by creating an "us vs. him" scenario - "he" insulted "our" intelligence. Too bad the same amount of activist effort couldn't be put to use for some positive result instead of petty and unsupportable personal attacks.

Like I said before, maybe your "topless chick" post was a greater contribution; a better use of bandwidth, or more "informative" or "inspirational"? If I adopted your tactics, I would loudly criticize you, call you names, and say something like "We've been cheated!! - He has no right to get us all excited with the title and then not show us the titties! String the bastard up! Anybody got a rope?"

>>>>The whole thrust was to argue not to give way when you have the right.

No, you are obsessed with this idea that I EVER advocated for indiscretion with large-capacity feed devices. I was merely pointing out how many different ways we are being fucked and making suggestions about what could be done about it. There is a big difference.

>>>>Has he got the right......yeh!!

That's really big of you. Thanks.

>>>>And I got the right to call him on it.

Except that you got it wrong from the beginning; your very first response was based on incorrect assumptions on your part regarding what I said, yet you continued to, and still continue to, foolishly press the matter based on your original false assumptions, even after admitting previously that they were wrong.

You are truly a piece of work.

>>>>The more he pushed to demonstrate his superiority and position the more pissed I got.

Ah, now we get to the root of the issue. You follow your emotion rather than your substantial intellect, even though your emotion leads you foolishly astray.

>>>> I am familiar with his method of tearing at the fabric of argument line by line.

Ah yes, attention to detail. Had you used a line-by-line approach from the beginning you never made your initial error and would have never taken this whole thing so far "south".

Its the fact that you continue to pursue it here, again, after being wrong, and corrected, so many times on this before, that truly boggles the mind.

>>> It's about all us recognizing the need to be practical rather than theoretical in an attempt to keep the Saigas coming.

Exactly! Well said! My position from the start.

>>>>That is not to diminish the issue of our rights.

A review of your postings seems to show that you have attempted to diminish the issue of our rights, from my right to post and discuss, and on from there.

>>>That is just not the issue before us.

Yes it is. . What this is about is how, even though we supposedly have the right, we really feel like we are oppressed and will be brutalized if we attempt to exercise said "right".

Its all about the rights. Without rights, not much else matters - just ask any severely oppressed peoples.

Since the forum has evolved into a place for philosophical discussion it only seems appropriate to share a link to a summary of Ayn Rant's philosophy so we can all be enlightened to her greater truth:

>>>>>God is dead

Are you coming out against freedom of religion now? You've made silly noises against my individual right to free speech already.

Actually, I think Rand suggests that it is better to not put one's belief in god above one's respect for one's self. The facts seem to suggest that this is the reality of what most Americans believe, whether they will come out and say it or not - most will say they believe in god, but that's about it. The vast majority will never be seen in church nor heard discussing religious matters.

>>>>and its all about you not others. Hmmm......very interesting indeed.

Sounds pretty harsh, huh? But really, who can help others if they have not first put themselves in a position to do so by taking care of #1? Only those with more can help those with less.

There's the old conundrum - in a famine situation, should the mother with a small piece of food starve herself and feed the baby? Or should she feed herself so she can be strong to maybe help the baby soon thereafter, or maybe live to make more babies later. Live babies with dead mothers rarely live, anyway. Mothers with dead babies can live to make more babies in better times.

Tough choice.

If you were in a survival situation with limited resources, I'll bet you would stomp someone before letting them get an advantage over you.

Just because you don't like certain parts of an individual's philosophy doesn't mean that person has contributed nothing. Few who have really studied liberty issues would argue that Ayn Rand has made anything less than a phenomenal contribution. I'm not obsessed with her works as some seem to be, but I do agree with much she has said.

Anything in particular you don't agree with, or is it your habit to just smear people in general?

Some leftists are trying to show Abe Lincoln was a fag. If you believe he was, and don't like homosexuality, does that mean you think Lincoln was wrong on slavery, too?

Many of the Founding Fathers owned slaves. If you are against slavery does that mean you must discount all the work they did on the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, or the Bill of Rights?

What is your point?

I could never win an argument with NCShooter. It is obvious that he can type..... alot. I can only peck out rather meager attempts at communication, so I would have to be good and mad for at least an hour to type out all of that. I am affraid that by the time I typed out half of what I was thinking, I wouldent even be mad anymore and forget what I was all worked up about to begin with.

Most of you guys dont even read the whole post if it is over 200 characters. I started out reading the whole thing, but now I actually feel DUMBER for having read it all.

post-23-1109105579.jpg

Well Pistonring8, I'll give you credit........you read it which is more than what I did. It might just be me but I tend to think he would do better writing speeches for the political parties. You know, long winded but doesn't say anything.

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

I could never win an argument with NCShooter. It is obvious that he can type..... alot. I can only peck out rather meager attempts at communication, so I would have to be good and mad for at least an hour to type out all of that. I am affraid that by the time I typed out half of what I was thinking, I wouldent even be mad anymore and forget what I was all worked up about to begin with.

Most of you guys dont even read the whole post if it is over 200 characters. I started out reading the whole thing, but now I actually feel DUMBER for having read it all.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: Your killin' me!! :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Sounds like you type like me. Do you correct mistakes along the way too? LOL. That's what I was thinking when I was the one typing way too much in that other thread that I hate to even think about anymore! )face turns red(

That sucker must have taken you all damn day, then what?...... you deleted it! And then wrote another rediculously long one. Your poor finger! Has it gone back straight yet? I cant even begin to imagine how mad you must have been, if you pecked out both of those within two days. :evil:

yeh he did go into some hellacious rant huh?

them boys down south DO NOT stay quiet when you say jefferson davis was a totalitarian crackhead i tell ya......

just messin with ya cobra :)

Pistonring8,

I like your informative chart. Very creative. Did you use Microsoft PowerPoint for that baby? It reminds me of the national trend for wage increases since we have gone global and sent all of the good jobs to Third World Countries.

Are you saying you didn't get edgamacated by all that vast wisdom found in one place? Say it ain't so!!!

How did you like my little picture of the lovely but long dead philosopher Ayn Rant? No wonder she had time to write books nobody ever asked her on a date!!

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Der Wolveriner :devil:

Free advice pistonring: if you are going to use that tapco folder on there go ahead and tell them to send you an extra hinge pin to keep around. My 410 was leaning against the wall and fell over on a carpeted floor and the damned thing broke. I called them up and they already sent me 2 replacement pins free. Cheap products but great service. If your on the range and that little hula mama gets good and gassed up she's gonna start dancin her ass off. Just the wiggle in her shnizzle is probly enough to break that POS plastic pin. Seems like they cloud have at least made that part metal. Oh shit my finger's crampin up better stop!

OOHhhh! I pissed myself laughing at that!!! Hey, Wolverine, I think you've been served! I have to admit, even though NCS is broadening his attack to include ALL of the narrow minded nitwits that are floating around in here, his posts are much shorter and easy reading. (I like small words) I feel a little served also.

Hey COBRA, thanks for the heads up. I havent installed the folder yet, but I will. If it breaks on me, I will throw a tantrum at the range. I am looking at this crappy plastic pin right now. This would be such a sinch to turn out on the lathe. I am going to try to turn one out in stainless. If it works, I will make another one and send it to you.

<<<edit>>> I just thought about something. My first wife was successful, smart and opinionated about everything from politics to philosophy. She was 10 years my senior and wasent much of a looker. It was a horrible divorce and I felt stupid and frusterated from start to finish.

My current wife is 10 years younger than me. She is naive, perky, cute and simple. I usually feel like a genius (lol) and am glad I decided on this new and improved model.

So I think once you have sampled the Elenor Rosevelt type, Paris just aint that bad! Give me cute and simple anyday. Ive had enough of these know it all libbers that usually go lezzy in the end anyway.

Sure! Great minds..... this and that. Knowledge is power.... bla bla bla. I'm just the kind of guy that decides to smash someting I dont understand! It is the way I am. I know its bad and unproductive. I tried to change it and be an educated gentleman, but gave up. So whenever I find something that I cant figure out, I poke it with a stick, scratch my head then destroy it and smile.

Edited by pistonring8

Dude you are funnt as hell! :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Poke it with a stick, smash it and laugh! :lolol:

These flame wars need a little intermission sometimes. DING DING

Thanks that pin is really simple looking. I thought about just cutting the head off a bolt and grinding it down but I didn't have a way to make the slot for the e clip. I guess someone could do that with a dremmel and cutting wheel. I did enjoy calling them up and giving them shit though about my $50 stock breaking all by itself with no one even in the room!

I got two pins and a catalog express mailed a couple of days later. Boy that's a hottie on the cover!

OK Wolfie and Shooter put the mouthpieces back in.

DING!

Gosh NCS you sure have a hard time sorting out the real deal. Most of the other guys here know the difference between serious and entertainment. You should lighten up before you have a stroke.

I myself like the ladies both intelligent and beautiful. I like a woman who is feminine and can track with me. You'd be shocked if you knew my background, education, and profession. I choose not to come to the forum to try to dazzle others. I came here to learn about Saigas and have some fun with the other guys. This ain't a think tank.

Seems like you have formed an opinion based on these threads that bears little or no relationship to reality. But your welcome to continue swinging at air. I'm being entertained and so the others following this dance.

You have suggested how much you enjoy toying with others. Have you ever considered that is exactly what has been happening to you? After all you are that smart aren't you? :devil:

Have you ever considered that is exactly what has been happening to you?   

You may want to consider what has been happening to you...

>>>You'd be shocked if you knew my background, education, and profession.

I'd be shocked? Are you involved in something to do with electricity?

Individuals in this forum obviously come from a wide variety of backgrounds and professions - why would yours be more "shocking" than any other?

You are clearly saying that you think of yourself as quite a bit more amazing than the others here.

You once referred to what you perceived as my "ego and sense of superiority". I replied to the effect that you were only 'projecting' your own inflated "ego and sense of superiority" onto me; a common psychological phenomenon. Your language here pretty much cinches that, eh? Like I said, a sad but oft told story.

>>>This ain't a think tank.

This thread did directly relate to our ever-diminishing freedom and liberty. A serious matter indeed, or at least many here seem to think so.

Most of your posts seem to be to the joke section, and I enjoy jokes as well. If you don't want to discuss real issues, then don't. But why harass me when I do?

>>>I'm being entertained and so the others following this dance.

Anyone who has read the entire thread, and I'm sure many have, can see:

*I posted on an issue and you wrongly accused me of taking a certain position.

*Based on your error, you proceeded to attack me.

*I corrected you on your error.

*You continued to abuse me yet further based on your original error, even after admitting the error - if that's not entertaining to the readers, it's probably only sad.

*You refuse to discuss any real issues.

*You started out wrong, and you've been busting my balls on this or that little detail ever since.

It's all there to see, for the entertainment of anyone who cares to read it. If your own errors and inconsistencies entertain you, well, I can't say I'm really surprised at this point.

I've asked you a couple times if you, for all your belligerent bluster, have made any effort whatsoever to help preserve our freedom & liberty. You have nothing to say on that. I've at least made the effort to provide a little info and possibly motivate any who might be receptive to that at this time. All you have done in the face of an honest effort is belittle, tear down and ridicule, and that speaks volumes to who you are deep inside, to the nature of your character.

You claim to be tho thenthitive that your intelligenth hath been inthulted by my post on these matters. Get a life!

"We create as much suffering when we take offense as when we give offense."

-- anon

>>>I myself like the ladies both intelligent and beautiful.

I wish you good luck with that!

>>>I like a woman who is feminine and can track with me.

Yeah, I know, lots of guys are looking for a woman who will go to the track with them. But until you are able to sucker some unfortunate bimbo:

Imaginary lovers

Never turn you down

When all the others turn you away

They're around

I'll guess from all this that you've only named *one* of your hands 'Paris'. And that you have *not* named your other hand 'Ayn'. So, don't be coy, who's the mystery 'woman'?

>>>I came here to learn about Saigas and have some fun with the other guys.

And to criticize and berate those who might have an idea or a method of communication that differs from your own? And to ridicule individuals on this basis of their appearance? You seem to come here to bust my balls, as well. What a guy!

My offer stands. If you ever want to cut the crap and discuss the real issues, I'm ready, willing and able.

NCS,

PS......

I can't bust your balls because you ain't got any!!! So continue your rant and BS attack. Maybe others are reading your shit but I sure ain't. I don't give a damn what you have to say. GET OVER IT MORON!!!

Ah, yes! Thank you, Wolverine! Well said!

>>>> Maybe others are reading your shit but I sure ain't.

I can tell by your reply. You haven't read a word. Not a word.

>>>>I don't give a damn what you have to say.

Well, you certainly have replied as if you do. It almost appears as if you care TOO much:

>>>>GET OVER IT MORON!!!

And now we see the true colors of Wolverine shining through.

Wolverine wrote earlier:

>>>>You should lighten up before you have a stroke.

Um, OK.

Speaking of a stroke, are you all right, man? You seem like you are blowing a gasket.

Wolverine wrote earlier:

>>>>You should lighten up before you have a stroke.

I think you were doing that psycho-projection thing again; it seems you were trying to project YOUR stroke onto me.

Maybe you should have stopped while you were ahead...

Oh, wait a minute, you never were ahead, not really. You started this out by being wrong, back when, and seem determined to continue in the same dubious fashion.

And still my offer stands. If you ever want to cut the personal crap and discuss the real issues, I'm ready, willing and able, as I have been from the beginning.

Edited by NCShooter

I agree. I'm perfectly willing to end it if NCShooter will let go. This nonsense could go on forever. I doubt that he and I will ever see eye to eye and I am perfectly willing to let it go at that. I'm not trying to change his mind on anything. If he takes the same position this is done.

:smoke:

Ah, now we come to the main point of all this!

At the end of my first long post on this thread, several pages ago, I observed to the effect that while every message here is related in that it is a natural derivation of the original thread topic, it seems to be getting further off topic. I suggested back then that there be created some sort of a political or general non-technical issues-discussion area where we could take up matters of this nature when they veered off the original thread topic. Hell, we've got a joke section (and I like that)! Most other moderated forums, like ak47.net, have these "political discussion" areas because they realize how important that is.

Several other members made some positive comments in support of this. I like how Pistonring8 said it:

>>>I watch this bandwidth battle with the same energy as a WWF wrestling match.

While obviously some prefer the topic remain on the more directly-related and superficial aspects of the devices in question and if we should make and/or flaunt them, the fact that this thread shows over 2000 views certainly indicates there is a general interest, and a general good, in this discussion the way it has gone. If the "wrestling" is the personal conflict aspect of this - and I'm obviously no more 'serious' about it than are the WWF wrestlers - then the 'commercials' presented are the actual 'political issues' of the matter and, as we all know, the ONLY reason the shows are on TV is so they can get us to watch the commercials.

If you've read this thread then you know my central theme, one I mention in almost every post, is discussion of the 'issues', not the 'personal' matters. Once again, I'll refer to the words of Pistonring8 as he seems to have hit it dead on:

>>>>Hey, Bvamp.... I'm in. Lets put up a seperate forum for legal, political and 2nd amendment awareness and rants. It could be a real good thing... Both for entertainment value due to disagreements and for the simple fact that its true....

>>>>If we are all not aware that things are very, very wrong... They will never be right.

>>>>If we are all not aware that things are very, very wrong... They will never be right.

Things aren't going to get better politically until we do something about them, and many do not realize how bad they really are or how close we are to going the way of UK, Australia and Canada. Probably within 10 years at the rate things are drifting to the left in this country. All it would take to change this trend is for about quarter of the 90 million gun owners in his country to start writing their leaders, both Dems and GOP, with their views; that would totally cinch it!

If this forum is to be relevant at all, we have to be allowed to own Saigas. The ONLY way people will be active politically is if they are interested in a topic (which all here clearly are), knowledgeable (many aren't aware of how bad it is), and motivated. This forum could be a tool to inform and motivate.

If not, maybe the name can be changed later to forum.stamp-collecting.com, or forum.macramé.com, or forum.boo-hoo-I-wish-I-had-got-off-my-ass-so-I-could-still-own-a-gun.com.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

-- Ronald Reagan

And Wolverine, I'm sure if you and I met at a range somewhere as strangers with Saigas, we would probably hit it off great, shoot together, and maybe go have a few beers and talk guns, women, politics and general life issues for hours. We probably have way more in common than is evident in this thread.

Peace, brother.

Cool Wolfie as far as I'm concerned you both got the last word :lolol: , several times :lolol:

I was up late last night drinkin and sent shooter one of my long ass letters discussing my views on all this. I hope to god I didn't start a PM war! LOL You both had some good points and if it had not turned into a flamewar maybe something good could have come out of it. I think it would be a good idea to add a section in the forum for calm discussion of gun law issues and govt. policy. There also needs to be a section for "When Good Threads Go Bad" so people can talk shit till their hearts content when they get mad about something. one of the other Gun Boards has this. It's called "Road House" I believe and it's strictly enter at your own risk just like some of these honkytonks out in the country. Fight to get in and fight to get out!

Thats my 2 cents

shit now i'm broke!

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.