Photo's of Carolina Shooters Supply AR stock tube

I have one and it works great and is well made. Has a hollow section with a cap inside for storing crap, or in my case, a mercury tube. There is another large complany, possibly Magpul, that makes one that's very close but U.S. made. No one can give me a difinative answer if a U.S. stock mounted on a CAA tube qualifies as a U.S. made part for 922r or not, but in most cases it doesn't matter. Tube is commercial diameter.

post-1866-1235931386_thumb.jpg

I think it is a great item. Very solid and looks clean. I use everything I sell and if I do not like it, I will not sell it.

It looks great with the Magpul stocks and bolts in tight with no mods needed to the receiver. Very easy install.

Greg

This is one I am working on.

post-9063-1235939185_thumb.jpg

post-9063-1235939194_thumb.jpg

Thanks, 6500RPM and CarolinaSS great photos! You guys answered my question perfectly.

I like how clean it attaches to the rear and it includes a pair of rings for the sling clip. The only thing I was not sure about was the angle and it looks great! I plan on using this with an AK to AR grip adapter to install a AR grip. I'll post photos when done.

Thanks again.

Frosty,

Hey Greg-

Is the square portion that fits into the receiver and attaches with bolts also made of aluminum?

Thanks- Dan

Yes. It is a solid piece.

Greg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Simple, It looks pretty damn straight to me. The one I hate is the ATI, and the one that looks the best is the cut off stock trunion ACE. The Tapco looks OK (the converted one). This one seems pretty good for a solid build yet keep the trunion (at some point I may change my mind on the stock trunion). I would have done this one but still had a little more ammo to go, just bought 1500 rounds and did a Saiganov 21" .223. I'm busy and pretty tapped out. I think this with a Magpul stock would be the ticket.

Does this tube have any rearward drop? In other words, is it completely parallel with the bore? Reason I ask is because the Tapco AR stock tube I have now, has rearward drop, which I am NOT liking.

No rearward drop. It stays parallel with the barrel. Here is 2 Jack Travers just did for me to sell. Both on the CAA tube. Magpul and CAA stock.

Greg

post-9063-1238114405_thumb.jpg

post-9063-1238114416_thumb.jpg

Thanks, guys. That helps.

Fluid Power, have you noticed the drop in the Tapco T6 (for converted configuration)?

CarolinaSS, do you offer discounts to S12.com members?

I try to keep my pricing and shipping as low as I can for everyone and I offer a much better customer service. We always ship within 24 hrs of purchase and I am one of the few that will call you back if you leave me a message.

Greg

Thanks, guys. That helps.

Fluid Power, have you noticed the drop in the Tapco T6 (for converted configuration)?

CarolinaSS, do you offer discounts to S12.com members?

Simple,

Yes the Tapco T6 does have a pronounced downward angle as does the Tapco folder. This will add to the felt recoil of the rifle. The straighter the better. This AR tube is better.

Thanks Greg!

I have one and it works great and is well made. Has a hollow section with a cap inside for storing crap, or in my case, a mercury tube. There is another large complany, possibly Magpul, that makes one that's very close but U.S. made. No one can give me a difinative answer if a U.S. stock mounted on a CAA tube qualifies as a U.S. made part for 922r or not, but in most cases it doesn't matter. Tube is commercial diameter.

Not to hijack but... nice gun.

• 3 weeks later...