Morels

the only hunting i do...

so who hear spends hours a day, weeks on end in the woods looking at there feet?

as spring approaches, i am putting down the s12, picking up the xd9 and heading into the woods..

last year only found 6 pounds.

this year have to stay on the job, so will only find a pound or two IF lucky...

please post your 2009 finds here...

Shroomer....lol...actually I thought about trying to see what varieties I could find in my woods this year. Any tips on where I should be lookin? My property is on a wetland floodway of a major creek system. There are all kinds of shroomz around here.

Btw you don't need a gun to protect yourself from snakes. A sharp eye and a walking stick will do just fine.

yeah..

but will feel a little more comfortable in certain woods where certain unlawful people may be preparing soil for other grows...

any way back to buisness..

trees to look for, Ash, Elm, Tulip Poplar, old apple orchards.

i have seen them grow in every environment, including my back yard in the City.

Morel Identification

make sure they are hollow, and divevts go in, not outward bulbs.

if you are not sure what it is, DO NOT EAT. post a pic

last year they where going for 30 buck per pound.

who know, with lay offs there will be more people in the woods hunting, so prices may come down..

DSC00193.JPG

DSC00189.JPG

Edited by DrWho

Morel hunting is a must around Iowa where i live. around down trees and somewhat damp areas in the woods are the best spots, sometimes even in ditches on the sides of backwoods roads. where you find one your sure to find more very close by as well. some folks i know that have there own land have been known to find a couple garbage bags full each year. nothin like a fat plate uh beer battered morels to go with a rib-eye!! :greedy:

Shroomer....lol...actually I thought about trying to see what varieties I could find in my woods this year. Any tips on where I should be lookin? My property is on a wetland floodway of a major creek system. There are all kinds of shroomz around here.

Btw you don't need a gun to protect yourself from snakes. A sharp eye and a walking stick will do just fine.

I found some pretty interesting shroomz in a farmers pasture one time down in Florida, they were dressed in little purple skirts, cute little fuckers :haha:

yeah..

but will feel a little more comfortable in certain woods where certain unlawful people may be preparing soil for other grows...

We have similar problems in British Columbia Canada... the Pot growers do not like people wondering around their grow ops...