...And only the vendors selling MD20s wanted about $400 for em. Saw a couple of Promags for $65 and Surefire 12s for $80. I passed on those. Also saw someone trying to sell WM 20 and 30rd drums. Didn't give em a second glance. Ammo prices were pretty dismal too. 1k rds of Wolf 9mm for $298 is not a good deal even in today's sales climate. Rifle ammo was expensive when not sold out. Several vendors were selling surplus ammo in the worst coditio0n I've ever seen. Real bottom of the barrel stuff with corroded cases and the like. Small rifle primers were nowhere to be found either. :cryss:

BOO I missed out on Knob Creek. First time 6 years, well except for last April getting canceled. It almost makes me feel better that their were no good deals. Almost. But the drums sell for more then 300.00 on GB still when you can get it for 260.00 on MD's site. I geuss if I didn't know any better and just saw one at a booth for 400.00 for the first time I would buy one. But just one. :smoke:

All I saw were some promags and surefire 12 rounders. I must have missed the rest, not that I would have bought any. I didn't really see much I wanted at the time but, I was kind of rushing. I probably would have left with a shoping cart full of random junk if I hadnt. I really wanted one of the MG-42's or one of the Lahti 20mm's though. :D

People's bullshit panic buying is causing everyone else to buy just because you can't get anything on the shelf. Normally I don't buy ammo until the day I go shooting (some of the stuff I have in bulk) but now I buy pistol ammo everytime I see it, and I don't even intend on using it right away. ridiculous what is happening, hopefully this gun bubble will burst like the housing bubble did. Thankfully the walmart down the road from me has a lot of .223 and .308 in stock, but pistol ammo is hit or miss.

Edited by Vultite
People's bullshit panic buying is causing everyone else to buy just because you can't get anything on the shelf. Normally I don't buy ammo until the day I go shooting (some of the stuff I have in bulk) but now I buy pistol ammo everytime I see it, and I don't even intend on using it right away. ridiculous what is happening, hopefully this gun bubble will burst like the housing bubble did. Thankfully the walmart down the road from me has a lot of .223 and .308 in stock, but pistol ammo is hit or miss.

Well that explains why I cant ever find any 9mm ammo....

Just kidding, I remember a few month ago I would go to wally world and buy a box right before going to the range, never thinking it would not be there.

Now I have to randomly go a couple times a week to see if they have any, which in the last 3 weeks I had no luck. And I tried a few different wallmarts.. I cant go to the range because I dont have the ammo, now thats rediculous...

Stuff is worth exactly what some sucker will pay for it, especially uninformed lazy people who can't bother doing research.

I was at Blue Ridge Arsenal, last week, one of the guys there said they actually ran out of 9mm ammo, so they went to the local Wallyworld and Dicks and bought them out, so they'd have stock to sell their customers.

I was there too and the prices really were the highest I ever saw and at a time I could least afford anything. The store at Knob Creek did have a WASR-22 for $350 which I wouldn't mind having. If you were there looking for a bargain, forget it.