Does walmart have any handgun ammo left?

I went to Dicks and 2 Walmarts because I wanted to finally put some test rounds through my centerfire systems purchased 3 port gun.

Neither had any bird shot bulk packs! Dicks had a few boxes of 25 but the price listed was $30 which I assume was for a bulk pack. The only pistol ammo they had was a few boxes of Winchester Supreme Elite so I went ahead and bought that. I wrongly assumed Walmart would have a bird shot bulk pack so I left with just the 9mm box.

The guy working at Dicks said 2 retired guys come in every Thursday and buy all the pistol ammo Dicks gets in. Then he started going off about how it's already official that ammo will be taxed 500% January next year, and all ammo will be serialized and ammo purchases are going to require registration.

I made the mistake of telling him "that's all still rumor". lol

My local walmart had some 15rd winchester slug value packs for 8.50 yesterday, picked up a few. About 2 weeks ago they got a big shipment of federal bulk pack shells, about half an aisle's worth, they were down to 2 or 3 packs left when I went in over the weekend. No handgun ammo of course. I just put an order in online and wait it out though. Sucks to pay shipping, but atleast there is no tax.

I had to register just so I can chime in on this. I have been a lurker for a month or two and have received a wealth of info from this board. Let me say that i go to the 2 local walmarts in my town at least 3 times a week just so i can hopefully score some ammo. Every visit has ended in heartbreak, everything from 12 gauge buckshot to 22 LR sold out. Now the one interesting tidbit I did learn is that the local gunshops have been hitting walmart as soon as they get a shipment of ammo. Now I generally do not believe walmart employees about anything gun related, but this was confirmed by a manager that was working the sporting goods register. Not even 15 minutes before I got there a local gunshop owner cleaned them out of every thing that came in that morning. Its to the point that they know when walmart gets their next delivery. Being the curious george that I am , I decided to check this out. federal 12 2 3/4 00 buck that is usually 4.77 at wally world for 5 rounds were 10.99 plus tax at gun shop one. Hell they had the 15 round value packs for 24.99 which is usually under 10 dollars in wally world. I went to another gunshop and got the same thing. I went back a couple of days later to walmart as the same manager said they were getting another shipment on wednesday. Lo and behold I got there too late. Gunshop owner bought 1500 dollars worth of ammo as I am just getting there. After he left with a cart full of lead I asked the regular sporting goods guy about this and he said that him and the owner of the second gunshop come in like clockwork and buy every popular caliber. Seriously the price gouging that is going on is killing me. Every one wants to blame Obama but I blame the PURE GREED of some of these people that are taking advantage of the new administration. In the last few months I have seen prices that would have been laughed at a year ago. NOW these greedy BASTARDS are screwing over the average joe because they can. We are getting SCREWED by the same people who supposedly are helping us fight and support our 2nd amendment rights.

Most likely all your Walmarts restock ammo multiple times a week, one or two calibers at a time. The problem is that people are PREBUYING it before it comes in, or buying it all when it gets onto the shelf.

However, I have a local walmart that hasn't had a person working in the sporting department in months. It's the one that a lot of hicks go to, which is funny. They really don't want to sell ammo there. A year or so ago I jumped a counter and found the keys to get the ammo myself. I helped another guy get some .40 as well. So if they ever restock there, I'll buy them out after jumping the counter again.

Walmarts all sold out around here, of just about everything, if you arent standing at the counter when it comes out, you dont get it, also its cheaper than online, so everyone is looking. Anyone tried hevi shot shells? incredible penetration, they are expensive, but worth every penny.

I had to register just so I can chime in on this. I have been a lurker for a month or two and have received a wealth of info from this board. Let me say that i go to the 2 local walmarts in my town at least 3 times a week just so i can hopefully score some ammo. Every visit has ended in heartbreak, everything from 12 gauge buckshot to 22 LR sold out. Now the one interesting tidbit I did learn is that the local gunshops have been hitting walmart as soon as they get a shipment of ammo. Now I generally do not believe walmart employees about anything gun related, but this was confirmed by a manager that was working the sporting goods register. Not even 15 minutes before I got there a local gunshop owner cleaned them out of every thing that came in that morning. Its to the point that they know when walmart gets their next delivery. Being the curious george that I am , I decided to check this out. federal 12 2 3/4 00 buck that is usually 4.77 at wally world for 5 rounds were 10.99 plus tax at gun shop one. Hell they had the 15 round value packs for 24.99 which is usually under 10 dollars in wally world. I went to another gunshop and got the same thing. I went back a couple of days later to walmart as the same manager said they were getting another shipment on wednesday. Lo and behold I got there too late. Gunshop owner bought 1500 dollars worth of ammo as I am just getting there. After he left with a cart full of lead I asked the regular sporting goods guy about this and he said that him and the owner of the second gunshop come in like clockwork and buy every popular caliber. Seriously the price gouging that is going on is killing me. Every one wants to blame Obama but I blame the PURE GREED of some of these people that are taking advantage of the new administration. In the last few months I have seen prices that would have been laughed at a year ago. NOW these greedy BASTARDS are screwing over the average joe because they can. We are getting SCREWED by the same people who supposedly are helping us fight and support our 2nd amendment rights.

Yes you are correct..I have a local gun shop in my area that has 100 round value packs that he buys from walmart and resells them at $50.00..I think its now all about greed instead of letting the average joe get his hands on a few for personal protection and recreational use..

I stopped by the local gun & sporting supply store today and although they had ammo the prices were crazy! He wanted $19.9x for wolf 9mm. I told him I didn't like wolf so he said he could knock $8 off the sticker price of PMC for me. The sticker was $29.98 Things got crazy when I told him I'd just shoot the crappy $15 a bag range reloads. He offered to sell me the PMC for $16.98 a box! $13 discount and I have never seen this guy before in my life!

So I walked out with 200 rounds and a tube of gun grease.

That just shows you how much he is gouging for! They will continue to charge every penny they think the customer will pay.

Wally Worlds here in Southern Alabama are hit & miss, they get the ammo in and it sells out within 24hrs.

I buy all my 9mm luger ammo at WW, and I buy the cheap shit, Blazer Brass 50rnds/Rem UMC 100rnd value packs, I manage to stay well stocked.

All WWs seem to have plenty of target/bird (turkey) & asst'd buck, but not in value packs.

I go to either Academy Sports or Bass Pro Shops to buy 25rnd boxes of Winchester Super Target/Super X, for 6.99/7.95 respectively.

I DARE ya!

Go to the wallyworld sporting good's counter, ask them to "ORDER" you whatever you want, give them your ph#, and put your name and "will call on delivery date".

You may just get a surprise! Try it. Hell, I go in there and talk em down. And YES, I got 2 boxes of .357 mag HP yesterday.

This price gouging is seriously getting out of hand. If the dealer is reputable and explains to me why its 100 percent markup, I can deal with it and take my business elsewhere. It's the assholes that tell you that's just how it is and say tough luck that get on my nerves. Local gunshop had a regular saiga 12 NIB for 900 dollars and asked him why. He could not give me a straight answer. Every word out of his mouth was obama this and biden that. Last time I checked obama didn't set the 300 plus markup on that shotgun. We need to get a straight answer not a frakkin bullshit lie about some rumor that ammo is getting serial numbered and will need a permit just to buy it and other straight up BULLSHIT. Its gotten to the point that i wonder if its not the gun industry hacks that are spreading these rumors themselves to increase sales. Now before someone says " Well obama is anti-gun ownership and anti-assault weapon". Get your head out of your ass. THE right to bear arms is a constitutional right, the second amendment to be exact. Obama is just one man and without support from congress his ass can't change shit. And last time I checked the democrats have the majority in congress but not enough to pass somekind of BS assault weapon ban without some republican help. There are not many republicans ready to cross party lines when it comes to gun control.

I handload my metallic cartridges and am well stocked with components for handgun and rifle. But, I must admit, this thread has caused me considerable consternation with regards to 12ga. shells. Seeing as I was down to just 3 Federal value packs, I decide to truck on down to my local, rural Super Wally World, tonight. There I found 12 or so Winchester Value Packs, 8 or so Remington Value Packs, a shitload of Turkey/Nitro shells and 9 Federal Value Packs.

I figured it would be a shame to leave those Federal shells there, so I loaded all 9 in my cart. I realize they get some wild customers at Wally World in the AM hours, as I've seen them myself. Even so, I managed to get a few raised eyebrows from the stockers as I finished my shopping, pushing a cart with 900 shotgun shells around the store at 1:20 AM. :devil:

I figured the checker might give me a hard time, "certain hours, limit of 'x' boxes, ect.", but the poor girl wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. After I paid, she pointed at the boxes of shells and said, "What are those?" When I told her, she merely said, "Oh" quickly losing interest, and out the door I went. The Greeter knew what they were though. :rolleyes:

So, after just getting back home, I can now rest my head easy, Mission Accomplished! :haha: :haha: :haha:

Edited by 1mile50
This price gouging is seriously getting out of hand. If the dealer is reputable and explains to me why its 100 percent markup, I can deal with it and take my business elsewhere. It's the assholes that tell you that's just how it is and say tough luck that get on my nerves. Local gunshop had a regular saiga 12 NIB for 900 dollars and asked him why. He could not give me a straight answer. Every word out of his mouth was obama this and biden that. Last time I checked obama didn't set the 300 plus markup on that shotgun. We need to get a straight answer not a frakkin bullshit lie about some rumor that ammo is getting serial numbered and will need a permit just to buy it and other straight up BULLSHIT. Its gotten to the point that i wonder if its not the gun industry hacks that are spreading these rumors themselves to increase sales. Now before someone says " Well obama is anti-gun ownership and anti-assault weapon". Get your head out of your ass. THE right to bear arms is a constitutional right, the second amendment to be exact. Obama is just one man and without support from congress his ass can't change shit. And last time I checked the democrats have the majority in congress but not enough to pass somekind of BS assault weapon ban without some republican help. There are not many republicans ready to cross party lines when it comes to gun control.

You are right. I agree with you completely. I couldn't hold back when the Dicks counter jockey was spewing off about how there WILL be a 500% tax "at the first of the year" and then he went on about serial numbers...

Just another clown feeding the horde. :rolleyes:

Damn Unk you're my new hero.

:blues:

Thanks man, hope I can live up to your expectations. I went traveling again and found another 1000 rounds of 223 for 395.00 and another 1000 40 SW. The total cost was enough to make me sell my HD. I can't frigin believe I paid the same price for the 40 sw as the 223s. I think Iam obsessed. Will ammo go up and can we trade it on the stock market. I believe it was in the wall street journal? to sell off the bonds and buy ammo and brass.

I did sell my HD and I figure why pay off debt when Prez Zero is going to bail me out Ha ha ha ha. The shop I was in had a local county sherrif and he was looking at getting a BMG semi and converting it to auto. This dude also was looking to buy linked 50 BMG told the gunshop owner he wanted to buy as much as he had. Hmmm, lucky LEO.

Hell Fire times are Tuff.