KINGSTON, N.Y. (AP) - At least two gunmen opened fire Sunday inside a mall in upstate New York, authorities said.

The gunmen began shooting inside the Hudson Valley Mall in Kingston, about 52 miles south of Albany. One gunman was taken into police custody.

Mayor James Sottile said at least one person was hurt and taken by helicopter to a hospital.

Authorities restricted access to the mall, and several helicopters and police teams surrounded the area.

I havent heard any details yet... but when I do... I will post... if anyone else does... post em.. I hope it isnt more semiauto/military style rifles involved...

but we know how THAT GOES.... :cryss:

:smoke:

do you know how close to me that is? :) I will see what I can find out from local LEO.

the guy used an assault-type weapon. LOL prolly a saiga. nice :) I bet it is legal in this state with all its facist laws to boot. the guy only shot one person really, and injured another with bullet shrapnel, someone else hurt thier hand prolly shitting thier pants and running like a panzie. I always miss the fun. another example of someone I could have gutted in public and gotten away with it.

here is my local paper with the current link. I will update it when the story changes URL.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/today/f...ge/update.shtml

if you look at the front page today on that paper, the picture is of a bunch of rookie idiot kingston police with shotguns....showing up WELL underarmed to confront someone with a rifle. they should be glad the kid didnt know how to use it right. all three of those cops should be fired monday if you ask me.

we had an arab militant here in oh, 1998 or something, go around and shoot up a college town local to me here. he blasted the living bejesus out of everything but people warning that there was more to come and it was only the beginning for us american pigs. I hope this kid turns out to be an arab or a gang member...

this is a FINE example of the lack of concern the local police in my area have for the general public. they should have made a statement already to the local papers saying the nationality of this person, and thier name, so that if we are having a new rash of either gang violence, or islamic jihad here, the people will KNOW. fucking assholes. 95% of the loca level police force in my area should be fired due to incompetence. they do NOTHING for the saftey of the community here by protecting this assholes identity. what? to catch some others who are most likely LONG gone by now? give me a break.

then they will push to make people like me account for all our firearms here and where they went if they are sold, probably will get even more strict with a few otehr aspects of them as well.

laws are only for those that will follow them. they did nothing to stop this kid. they wont stop the next one either.

post-9-1108344864.jpg

yeh well, that is the runofthemill local leo "protecting" me and my family and friends here. I will put it this way....I have a gun for every person I care about. the only lawmen here that i have ANY respect at all for are about 90% of the state troopers (not shown in above pic) and about 1/4 of the county sherriff (also not shown in the above pic). those city cops? like one in each station has any kind of salt.

would you want those 3 in the pic above protecting you? i highly doubt they even could...bringing a shotgun to a rifle fight, even. they should have stayed home....

this area is a good example of what happened in cali. the police will say that guns are bad, and gotta go, when CLEARLY by that picture above, it is THEY who are not spending thier money on better guns, and better personelle.

you live up here GT?

we had an incident at another mall here last month. 500+ teens decided to have a fistfight there. I was at a retirement party for someone I know, so I couldnt drop everything when i heard about it and go watch the fun.

i spoke with the paper a bit, and have other info. I am hearing it is a US MADE firearm, and is apparantly in a legal configuration, which is being determined right now if it has been altered. (here is an example of swapped parts needing documentation and reciepts) Ive heard a few other things that I dont really want to get into right now, as I dont have the facts yet.

I do know the guy was 24, I have his name now, as does everyone, and that he is apprantly mentally Ill, being infatuated with the colombine shootings.

I jumped on the locals, as I am sure the local news is going to be refrenced on this subject, in an effort to CLARIFY what the fuck they are talking about.

the cops also were quoted as saying that IT WAS NOT AN AK47. 50-60 rounds were fired as well. Ill see what I can find out or see what I see here locally.

Im not going to let the gov. here just say "oh it was an automatic weapon and it was an assault weapon, OH but they are legal in new york". I have to see what stance the local reporters have here in the paper tommorrow. I think the one covering it knows the gun laws here dont work and what they are, as well as how stupid they all are, and that they dont do squat, but i could be wrong.

interestingly the police WILL NOT SAY what gun it was, and I will paste over a comment I got from one of the reporters here:

"I've read through the law on the Assembly Web site and spoke w/the Ulster County to clarify whether the weapon used would have been banned under state or federal legislation. As long as it hadn't been altered, which they hadn't determined at the time I spoke to the DA, it doesn't appear to be."
I will post a few other quotes:

"The wounded included a National Guard recruiter who was in a recruiting booth inside the mall when he was shot. Authorities have said the 20-year-old recruiter might lose his leg. Hospital officials said today that his family asked that no information on his condition be released.

... the recruiter was apparently trying to aid others in the mall when he was shot. "

---yet another example of why I respect the guys in the military.

"Lazarchik, 46, and two other employees of Dick's Sporting Goods followed the gunman as he fired an automatic weapon at will, blowing out store windows and sending shoppers scattering for safety. The three men braved the violent outburst, ducking behind pillars inside the mall.

As soon as the gunman ran out of ammunition, he put his gun on the floor, Lazarchik said. That's when Lazarchik grabbed the man's automatic weapon. "

--- this is incorrectly reported. it wasnt an automatic weapon, and I fired off a LONG email to the paper when I saw this about legal definitions of firearms...

''If he wanted to shoot some people, I think he could have shot whoever he wanted,''

---this is the guy that grabbed the idiots gun when it was dropped.

"LAKE KATRINE -- Two people were seriously hurt and hundreds of others were terrorized Sunday when a gunman charged into the Hudson Valley Mall and opened fire with an assault rifle. "
--- by definition of NY state law, it was NOT an assault weapon. we cannot OWN assault weapons here, and this gun was purchased legally.

"....said the weapon was ''an assault-type rifle, but not an AK-47 and not foreign made'' and that it had been purchased. The gun can be legally owned in New York, but Olson said police didn't know yet whether the man legally owned the gun."

---im hearing it was a US made firearm. obviously the shooter is mentally ill and has patterns of proof suggesting such.

"was dozing in the cab of his truck, waiting to make a pickup.

Suddenly, he heard banging on the window.

It was police in SWAT gear, brandishing shotguns.

''They told me I had to get out of here and that there was a shooting and would I mind if they searched my truck,''

---someone was thinking correctly....I will also note that the SWAT here is directly involved with terrorist training in NYC, so at least some of my taxes go to good use. SHOTGUNS though? I dont like hearing that. where were the RIFLES with AP ammo in them? as per california's lesson....maybe I should just start a charity for the local cops for some good rifles of thier own to put in all on duty cars.....i feel SO safe here.

what if this guy WANTED to kill everyone, and WAS a terrorist, and HAD body armor on? all 200 cops with thier shotguns wouldnt have stopped him. give me a break.

would ya'll trade having a psych test before you can buy guns for the next 5 years if you could own ANY gun if you pass? would you do it so the rest of us in facist states that think gun control solves problems can have them all like you all can now? how about if those federal tax stamps went away? would you do it then? thats the ONE THING i can see that would have ANY chance of preventing any of the gun incidents in the last 10 years........

I would do it in a second! I will take time off of work! I will drive to NY if I have too. I would sit in a balmy waiting room for 6 hours next to the stinkiest fat person I have ever wafted to take this psyche test. Please make sure to have a retailer nearby who will sell me my brand new VZ61 Skorpion and a new buttstock to put on my AMD65. AAWwww hell, I dont even need a retailer close by. I will already feel much safer driving home.... Without all the morons owning guns. I can wait and go to a local gun shop. Do you think the price of the Browning Automatic will come down a bit? Oh, they will probably go back into production. Ok, forget automatics all together. How about a nice SBS or SBR like mabey an HK in 9mm? Now THATS a target rifle! I guess the cops up here will be pretty bored since the off duty officers wont be holding thier exwifes at gunpoint and the drunken poachers wont be shooting off rounds into the local water tower at 3:00 am for shits and giggles. No more teenagers running around playing grabass and shooting the neighbors cat. No more roadraged middleage balding men popping off shots at a soccer mom with her carload of screaming girls because his wife is fucking the UPS guy and his cable tv was just turned off on his way home from a job where he just got passed up for a promotion by his 23 year old boss for a state college grad who shares the same homo lifestyle as him.

Id take a psych test too... to own a gun... problem is... the criminals that couldnt, would STILL STEAL THEM/aquire them illegally, just like they do now...

It wouldnt CHANGE anything except for those who ALREADY do things legally...

sorry to say...

My 2 cents...

:smoke:

I'm thinking it's a shame the gumnman didn't have to buy ammo for his weapon first before going on his little tirade from those two Dick's employess mentioned in Bvamp's article. If so, he:

A) Would still be waiting for one of them to un-ass the employee room shitter and finally find his way over to the sporting goods section.

or

B) Grow so disgusted trying to point out what ammo he needed (if they even would pay attention to him waiting patiently behind the counter). "What's that you need again, sonny?" ".223 Remington, you say?" "Ah, we don't carry that caliber." (when the shit is right there on the shelf in obvious plain view right in front of them). :angry:

GOB: where did you get the info on the gun? I still havent gotten it local here....all i am told is it is US made, and was purchased at last month's gun show here legally.

they picked up two of his friends today when they saw a videotape they made of them building and using pipe bombs in the woods...and they picked up about ten guns too......say bye bye to those two and thier 2nd amendmant rights.....idiots.

Gaddis, That sounds EXACTLY like the Dunhams Sporting Goods here. I could literally tumbler rake the lock on the glass cabinets and walk to the front with armloads of rifles before anyone would give a shit, or even see me! Mabey I could back one of thier 4 wheelers up to the case and load it up with ammo for ya!

Can we get some confirmation that the rifle was definately a Hesse conversion? I havent heard this for certain yet. This could also look bad for Saiga since they were Hesse's building fodder for a while.

Its funny, twenty years ago, pipe bombs were popular in my neighborhood. I dont even know if gunpowder was regulated as much back then. The farmer behind our house used them to blow stumps out of the ground. Now I have to make sure all of the cork screws and box cutters in the house are registered and locked away. I used to carry my pocket knife in elementary school, nobody cared. Every little boy did. Some kids even brought in thier deer rifles for show and tell after they turned 12 and took the hunters safety course. I remember this because we used to joke about the teacher making them keep it in the office or by her desk all day. It never occured to any of us to shoot a person, or even load a rifle outside of the woods. I took my BB gun to school for show and tell, and even was allowed to give a demonstration at recess with milk cartons. I have people like that pantload in the NY shopping mall to thank for the way things have changed.

I used to bring my 100lb draw compound bow to archery class and go at it with two other guys I had the class with. It never occured to any of us to kill people either.

pistonring: you can get dynomite here no problem if you are a farmer and have proof, and sign for "stump blasting" use at the local Agway.

I believe the quote the cops here made was that

"it is not an AK47 in the truest sense of the term, in that it was made in the USA"

if it was NY state legal, it is also not an assault weapon.

there are protests in the works here by the anti-gun advocates. I need to look into ways to sue the state for its unconstitutional laws on gun control. If this was your first amended right, there wouldnt be any damn protestors. the 2nd amendmant is not there to provide us with a 22 for plinking and a shotgun for deer hunting. it is there to provide us with a firearm to defend our homes. the laws for gun control now here are in line with if one were to make it illegal for neo nazis and the KKK to gather and protest.

Maybe NY will become a battleground for 2nd amendmant rights, who knows. All I know is they will have to kill me before I give mine up.

The second amendment was CLEARLY written not only for defending our homes and families, but to assure that the people (remember them?) could attempt to overthrow the government if we felt they were out of control. Hows that for freedom?

If enough interest was gathered up by the pro-gunners to give back our arms freedom and this came to action, I will be there..... wherever!

The NRA sends my wife and I the grassroots newsletters with instructions on how to contact the correct "powers that be" in your state. I always follow the link and write a polite e-mail to whoever it is that listens to us. And a few times I have sent real letters to the same. I sometimes recieve a smarmy mass-reply thanking me for my interest and an assurance that my voice is being heard. After several years of this, one begins to wonder if one is actually being heard.

Gaddis, That sounds EXACTLY like the Dunhams Sporting Goods here. I could literally tumbler rake the lock on the glass cabinets and walk to the front with armloads of rifles before anyone would give a shit, or even see me! Mabey I could back one of thier 4 wheelers up to the case and load it up with ammo for ya!

Heh, if you actually would do something like that, you would then most definately have fatass Michael Moore or Rosie O' getting off their fat ham hocks for once in their lives blubbering out in front of Dunham's to have ammo sales suspended (for the children's sake, no less!). :cryss:

Besides, that would not work at Dick's anyway, because (according to the pud I inconvenienced into finally doing his job for once "we don't carry that caliber."

Hmm, I guess the boxes they had on the shelves behind him (which he was too lazy to bend down and check) were all empty display models? :angry:

Freakin anuses, I can see why we have so many non-shooting soccer playing pansies in this country nowadays. :(

Sorry my pix didn't load. This was from yesterday's "yahoo news". Quote was from the local police,'HESSE MODEL 47". The picture was the police evidence photo, gereric AK wood stocks. Looked like a metal 30 rd mag.

G O B