Reassembly driving me insane!

I have been trying for the past 2 hours to get this damn bolt back in......no matter what it won't go in. I have the thing lined up so it goes in so far but won't go in all the way.....I have some pictures if that will help at all.

I"m new to this so please go easy on me lol.....

0415091937.th.jpg0415091937a.th.jpg0415091938.th.jpg

Pull it back out, look at the bottom of the carrier, there is a second set of grooves toward the rear, if you let up on the pressure as you slide it forward they will not seat correctly. make sure the slot on the bolt is lined up with the extractor as well.

I have been trying for the past 2 hours to get this damn bolt back in......no matter what it won't go in. I have the thing lined up so it goes in so far but won't go in all the way.....I have some pictures if that will help at all.

I"m new to this so please go easy on me lol.....

0415091937.th.jpg 0415091938.th.jpg

first picture the bolt isn't lined up correctly that small tang needs to be down on the rail

Your first post third picture looks correct you should see serial numbers stamped on the bottom of both parts when lined up corectly. make sure the hammer is cocked. When you lay the assembly into the reciever move it Backwards Away from the barrel and press down the carrier should drop into place, then move it forwards towards the barrel. Hope this helps

Ok try this make sure the bolt is all the way forward in the carrier when you set the carrier and bolt assembly into the reciever make sure it's all the way to the rear of the reciever then push down on the bolt carrier. It wants to rotate towards the right just line it straight up and down and press down on it.

Edited by steve

By some photos you don't have on lower/correct rail. Once you get it you'll say, damn it, that's easy. Years ags I helped at a gun store on weekends, a fellow brought one in. Handed it to my daughter,(9 at the time) she put it together, three things at ounce. bolt proper as listed above, right rail line up, pressure down on hammer. :smoke: Stay with it, you will get it. I still, have to get out manual ever so often to put a roller HK style back together, and feel foolish.

I too had a similar issue when I first got my Saiga. The trouble was that I was hitting the back of the ejector with the bolt, like the previous picture showed:

0415092050.jpg

The protrusion on the bolt that catches the next round needs to go to the right of the ejector as you're sliding the bolt forward. That was my problem.

Corbin

I had trouble with this when I first got my saiga too. I REFUSED to get frustrated with it because if 8-year-old skinnies in mud-huts can do it, so can I. :ded:

Actually reseating the bolt/bolt carrier in the receiver is noticably easier with a 7.62x39 AK than it is with a Saiga 12. I also had the OP's problem when I first unboxed my S-12, field stripped, then reassembled. It took a minute or so for me to realize that the Saiga 12 bolt/bolt carrier is really more picky than the 7.62 is. It must be pushed further down into the receiver, right at the rear of the bolt, before it aligns correctly with the rails and can be slid forward. Obviously, once you do it correctly, it's never again a problem, but it is definitely a little different than the 7.62's fit.

• 3 weeks later...