WIN! I got a bastardized version of the STG-58 for CT with a permanent muzzle brake. You set the gas system up all soft and shoot her?

It took about 10 rd to get it set so it would lock the bolt back when empty. After that I fired about 20rds just to get a feel for it.

I'll take it to the range in a couple of weeks to really test it out.

Oh, the best part is that with the bipod up, that is the most comfortable hand guard I've ever felt. I've never had any other bipod in the hand guard setup to be anything but annoying, and they pinch you. The STG one is like a grippy triangle, it's perfect. Good luck trying to improve that gun.

Nice FAL, i love shootings these too. Just wish 308 was alittle cheaper to find. Here's a couple of mine. The one on the left i had DSA put a parts kit on their receiver and the other is a Hesse built i bought. Both shoot great.

post-9816-1240831452_thumb.jpg

Super nice!

Jeff Cooper once said, when asked the difference between the AK and the FAL said, "The AK is the rifle of the Masses, the FAL is the rifle of the Classes."

I have 4 and like them all very well!

Edited by Azrial
  • Like 1
Oh my, how is that Israeli? I handled a DSA one in a gunstore, but it was $1700.

It's a real Israeli and the rifle has settings marked in Hebrew letters. Receiver is marked match grade, with a four digit serial number. Got it for a relative steal. Also came with a bunch of NIW mags and cleaning kit.

Oh my, how is that Israeli? I handled a DSA one in a gunstore, but it was $1700.

It's a real Israeli and the rifle has settings marked in Hebrew letters. Receiver is marked match grade, with a four digit serial number. Got it for a relative steal. Also came with a bunch of NIW mags and cleaning kit.

The DSA one I saw had an Israeli lower receiver as well.