SAW grip + Tromix DIY trigger guard = FAIL (?)

There are Galil, AR, and AK type TAPCO SAW grips... if yours has a quarter circle cut-out on the left side of the grip near the top, it's a galil.

Other than the Color, here are the 3 TAPCO SAW grips i know of.

From Left to Right. AR, AK, Galil FAL.

post-6947-1241126092_thumb.jpg

If yours is either of the two outer ones, you may have an issue. Only the center one is "Sure" to work.

Edited by SaigaNoobie
  • Like 1
The screwhole for my SAW grip is too long + the screw that I'm supposed to use (the one that came with the Tromix DIY guard) is too short. I figured there's only one type of Tapco SAW grip. Am I wrong? :unsure:

There is four actually. One for the standard AK. One for the FAL. One for the AR. One for the Tapco Collapsible Saiga kit. Each uses different screws.

The screwhole for my SAW grip is too long + the screw that I'm supposed to use (the one that came with the Tromix DIY guard) is too short. I figured there's only one type of Tapco SAW grip. Am I wrong? :unsure:

There is four actually. One for the standard AK. One for the FAL. One for the AR. One for the Tapco Collapsible Saiga kit. Each uses different screws.

Yep, the "intrafuse".

There is also the old style (pre-2006) SAW AK grip that has 2 holes in it. It comes with a small aluminum block for mounting.

Maybe I need to start selling the kit with the grip included.

Tony

I put the Galil Tapco grip on one of mine not knowing there was a difference. Had to relocate the PG hole farther back on the reciever with a dremel and fabricate a new PG screw & bushing. No biggie...

post-16572-1241182177_thumb.jpg

Edited by gothchick
I put the Galil Tapco grip on one of mine not knowing there was a difference. Had to relocate the PG hole farther back on the reciever with a dremel and fabricate a new PG screw & bushing. No biggie...

Is that a factory PG hole? Lucky you. And you still had to cut one? Mine didn't have one. Round holes are easy but square holes.... well you probably know what I will say. Oh well what a waste.

It's a good idea, including the grip. Everybody has to buy one anyway...

I used your product with my bulgarian thumbhole.

Same here.

It's a good idea, including the grip. Everybody has to buy one anyway...

I used your product with my bulgarian thumbhole.

You got pictures of that?

Here's mine.

IMG_3284-1.jpg