Scope recommendations for Saiga 7.62

That depends how to interpret you question.

If you are asking about scope with mount then your only option is PSO/POSP. POSP usually runs around $150-200

The other option is a mount from kalinka or utg and any scope of your choice/budget. Russain mounts are better, but utg holds zero no problems

See below, 308 had UTG with Bushnel and 7.62 has PSO

http://images47.fotki.com/v1485/filem8GT/0...74/IMG_0900.jpg

Edited by BKLYN_C

Yes, "reasonably priced" is very subjective.

I'm currently trying to find a Russian Kobra red dot, (uses the receiver side-mount), for around ~$200, (what they should cost), rather than for ~$300, (what the only site I can find that has em in stock is charging). I've had no luck so far.. I'm thinking of just pre-ordering one for $199 from binocularsmart.com and waiting 1-2 months for them to get the sights in stock again.

It sucks having to wait, but I'm comfortable enough with irons to do so in order to save ~33%

Edited by post-apocalyptic

You call that good prices???

I bet that ebay asshole buys them from kalinka optics and sells for 15% profit and $30 shipping on top of it. Oh, yeah, he's Canadian, that explains it

Edited by BKLYN_C

buy direct than

POSP rifle scopes:

POSP 4x24 M - 179 USD

POSP 4x24 T - 179 USD

POSP 4x24 V - 179 USD

POSP 6x24V - 185 USD

POSP 6x42 D - 195 USD

POSP 6x42 VD - 195 USD

POSP 8x42 D - 199 USD

POSP 8x42 VD - 199 USD

POSP 8x42 WD - 190 USD

POSP 4-8x42 V - 230 USD

POSP 4-8x42 WD - 230 USD

PO 3-9x42M - 350 USD

Red Dot sights:

RS-34 - 149 USD

PK-AS-W - 325 USD

PK-AS - 350 USD

Wholesales

The minimal value of the order 2000 USD.

http://www.posp.ru/ab.html

Edited by yesno

Just few I found on kalinkas first page. See below in quote, i added links and prices. $10-$20 cheaper

buy direct than

POSP rifle scopes:

POSP 4x24 M - 179 USD

POSP 4x24 T - 179 USD

POSP 4x24 V - 179 USD

POSP 6x24V - 185 USD http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=661 $164.97

POSP 6x42 D - 195 USD http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=652 $179.97

POSP 6x42 VD - 195 USD

POSP 8x42 D - 199 USD http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=600 $189.97

POSP 8x42 VD - 199 USD http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=600 $189.97

POSP 8x42 WD - 190 USD

POSP 4-8x42 V - 230 USD

POSP 4-8x42 WD - 230 USD

PO 3-9x42M - 350 USD

Red Dot sights:

RS-34 - 149 USD

PK-AS-W - 325 USD

PK-AS - 350 USD

Wholesales

The minimal value of the order 2000 USD.

http://www.posp.ru/ab.html

Edited by BKLYN_C
  • 2 months later...

It looks like it is going to get tougher to get the PK-AS and Kobras. One of the leading importers just quoted me $399.95 from his personal stash for a PK-ASV. One of the places I called said that Russia stopped selling them to the US due to the blowup in Georgia on 8/08, so get them while you can. I just received a PK-ASV used and it worked great at the range. I think I got a good deal on it, but I'm wondering about the POSP 4x24T with illuminated rangefinder (comes with AK side mount) that I picked up. Anyone know anything about this scope?

I have had great luck with El Cheapo NCStar on my x39, holds zero, lightweight and crystal clear!

Also prefer no electronics, illum. etc. batteries always go dead,..

2- 6 x 35

or 3-9 x 42 if you want to use in lower light levels

Edited by Gas Giant

I use a Vortex Strikefire on my AR, and a Bushnell Trophy T-dot on my Saiga. I've written reviews of both w/pics, check my profile for the posts. I would suggest the Strikefire if you want magnification capability. Right now Vortex only offers a 2x magnifier, however they said they'll be coming out with 3x and 4x later on this year. Honestly though, it's an AK. If your eyesight is good up to 150 yards, you don't really need magnification all that much...

Well, when I get my x39 and do the conversion on it, it's going to wear a 4x24mm POSP with the 400m reticle.

I figure that'll work out pretty well; I can use the irons for more up-close work (Though I might get some Tech-Sights instead of the rear leaf), and use the POSP for mid-range duty.

Since I don't really consider 7.62x39mm to be more than a 350-400m cartridge, 4x sounds about right.

Well, when I get my x39 and do the conversion on it, it's going to wear a 4x24mm POSP with the 400m reticle.

I figure that'll work out pretty well; I can use the irons for more up-close work (Though I might get some Tech-Sights instead of the rear leaf), and use the POSP for mid-range duty.

Since I don't really consider 7.62x39mm to be more than a 350-400m cartridge, 4x sounds about right.

Yep, 7.62x39 round and 4x24 400m PSO scope is the match made in heaven. Sorry, my bad, that match was made in Russia.

I'm considering the 4x24 posp as well.

Does it sit off center from the bore?

If so, Are you able to still use your irons with the scope still mounted.

Thanks.

Yes, POSP with AK or SVD mount will sit off the center, slightly to the left, which allows you to use the iron sights.

Im installing a scout config on my 308 that has iron sights built into the mount, it replaces the rear sight. I am using a scope designed for the Mosin as a test run since eye relief checks out. Since there's no real difference between the 308 and x39 except more recoil if it works well there it should work fine one the x39. I had thought a scope would not be that great an idea on an MBR but since Im not losing my irons and the 308 has surprised me on accuracy Im reconsidering.

PK-ASV for the price of an Aimpoint or Eotech or Trijicon Reflex?

That's funny,they must have woken up one day and said "we never want to sell this optic in the USA again" and raised their prices accordingly,LOL

I got my Izzy mount in today. who would guess that izzy makes a great mount for the saiga. its lighter than my UTG. it sits high enough to use irons while a 6x32 scope is mounted. the spring is easily worked by hand without strain and still feels secure.

i would have searched for "saiga mount", but thats gonna bring up waaaay to many posts.

I just ordered a BSA Stealth Tactical red, green and blue dot. It's got extra rails on the side for mounting other accessories (lights, lasers, etc...).

Looks good, read good reviews, ran me a little over a bill, can't wait to get it and zero it in. I'll keep you updated.

I used a Belorussian 4x24 scope which mounts on the side rail. Being left handed, I have to cant the rifle to use it but I like the lighted chevron reticle because the scope sits to the left side of the receiver. I was designed for right handers.

I also have a Kobra scope which also uses the com-bloc side rail. That sits on the rifle centerline which I prefer.

At range today, sighting in Saiga 223 with new Vortex 6x40 on UTG QR mount (first time firing ever). After getting it right, I placed it on my x39 (had to take the BN02 QR with Bushnell MP 32mm red dot off x39). Fired 5rnds Wolf HP at 100yd just to see what it would do...dead center ~8inches high...about 5inch group. Should of popped the red dot on the 223...wasn't thinking...next time...Switched them back and was hitting bowling pins and 12x12 plates steady at 100yd off hand with both. Then moved out to 200yds...scope beat out red dot easily from bench.