Is this brake available in the US? Has anyone used it?

Let me tell you exactly what a custom Shotgun guy and pro level competitor told me. "If compensators worked well for shotguns, you bet I'd use one, but they don't so I don't."

Now, that being said, that's a hell of a big brake and it eliminates the threads for attaching a polychoke. Get what you like though.

Wow, only $204 USD...plus S&H.

If it doesn't work and is expensive, then AA must sell them. I'm sure it will come with a reliablity price upgrade.

Unless it is actually only designed to work with a gun that only has a receiver so far...

that a brake from the mossberg 500 line! i think its called the road buster its a factory pistol grip 500/heatshield/ 6 shot with that big brake on the end of the barrel....mossberg ganked it from the big moma 50 cal barett rifles they look alright i guess just for looks though

that drum is stainless and they offer a 3" version. That is a bit of a selling point. Plus it must weigh a ton, so that will cancel out all your recoil, even without the break;)

that drum is stainless and they offer a 3" version. That is a bit of a selling point. Plus it must weigh a ton, so that will cancel out all your recoil, even without the break;)

If you are talking about Maxrounds drum the weight is 750 grams and it's made of aluminium not steel. :)

I'm currently using a Royal Arms Recoil Reducer on my Saiga-12 and I can notice a very distinct difference with it removed or attached. Muzzle brakes on shotguns work well if the design is proven and the payload is higher in mass and velocity. If you are using light #6 or #7 birdshot the felt recoil is too light to be affected by the muzzle brake, but if you use buck or slugs, the muzzle brake will marginally reduce the felt recoil. Felt recoil can be a very subjective and debatable element between individual shooters as we are all different in size, shape and perception. I often use #4 buck or slugs and/ or custom loads of 1 & 1/4 ounce high velocity shot in certain matches and after a hundred rounds or so, I can feel the difference. A trap or clays shooter would have no need for a muzzle brake or compensator and so feel they are totally useless.

If you are talking about Maxrounds drum the weight is 750 grams and it's made of aluminium not steel. :)

paste:

PowerMag700 Parametres

Shotgun Saiga12

Capacity 20rounds (3 inches)

Materials hardened dural, stainless steel

Weight 0,7 kg

Price 379 EUR

So where they said stainless steel they meant aluminum? They are just claiming the screws?

Dural is anglospeak for alu-minie-um though, as long as it is hardened and has a bit of copper and manganese....

Seriously though, the body is obviously aluminum, but what about the "tower" where it locks into the gun? Yeah, that's dural too. that will get beat up.

The site said something about internal parts being stainless.

I get the brand loyalty and the hatred for AA, but this might be a good product for people who want to shoot 3" mags. you will want a cover, and eventually new tower pieces, 379.00 EUR= $510.990 USD plus shipping is much more than an MD drum, but he doesn't offer anything for magnum rounds. I don't get the impression that he intends to either. I am glad there are more products out there for my toy. Even if I can't see myself ever buying them.

BTW his other non magnum drum lists at $308.833 USD + shipping. The base price is within $80 of the MD, for a drum that probably costs more per unit to make. I can't afford either, but I would probably end up with an MD if I were in the market.

Edited by GunFun
paste:

PowerMag700 Parametres

Shotgun Saiga12

Capacity 20rounds (3 inches)

Materials hardened dural, stainless steel

Weight 0,7 kg

Price 379 EUR

So where they said stainless steel they meant aluminum? They are just claiming the screws?

Dural is anglospeak for alu-minie-um though, as long as it is hardened and has a bit of copper and manganese....

Inner parts like spring etc. are stainless steel but body and feed tower is dural so to speak aluminium T7075 air craft type.

Feed tower is also aluminium but the feed lips are stainless steel.

I have that above version with Saiga 12 and Molot Vepr 12 feed towers.

Since when can you own a gun in the UK that isn't powered by springs or air?

Only handguns & semi auto/pump center fire rifles are banned :ded:

although you have to have secure storage & be approved by the Police........... & were limited to the number of guns owned ( usually 7 ) on licence.

Ipsc ( practical ) shooting is very popular although mostly with shotguns & either .22 rifles or lever action carbines.Saiga's are still quite a rare sight at a tournament , think mine are the only USA custom ones.(Alex Wakal - Drednought D1 )although all factory models from Rusmilitary are available .

Note the Mid barrel comp again from Alex,very little recoil.

CGCvRSC020509010.jpg

Edited by gunfighteruk