NY AW surrender/destruction bill

ATT NYer's Time to write your representatives...

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A03371

PURPOSE OR GENERAL IDEA OF BILL:

To repeal the grandfather clause in the definition of assault weapon

which currently allows the possession of an assault weapon if the weapon

was lawfully possessed prior to September fourteenth, nineteen hundred

ninety-four or if the weapon was manufactured on of before October

first, nineteen hundred ninety-three; to provide for the surrender and

destruction of such weapons.

In 2000, New York`s penal law was amended to define military-style weap-

ons and weapons with excessively large ammunition capacities as "assault

weapons." The possession and sale of such assault weapons was banned but

a "grandfather clause" was included, allowing the legal possession of

those assault weapons that were lawfully possessed since September 14,

1994 or manufactured on or before October 1, 1993. Given the current

heightened concerns regarding terrorism, and the danger posed by these

military-style and large capacity weapons, this bill repeals the assault

weapon grandfather clause and prohibits the sale and possession of all

assault weapons in an effort to protect citizens and law enforcement

personnel.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent out this:

In reference to bill A03371...

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A03371

That is UNACCEPTABLE, and you MUST NOT let such a bill continue towards being voted into law. It will do absolutely NOTHING to prevent such weapons from being used by criminals and NON law abiding citizens, for criminal activities, Those wishing to IGNORE the gun control laws, and utilize weapons for their criminal activity will always aquire their firearms ILLEGALLY, no matter what state statutes exist to the contrary. This bill is, at the same time, LIMITING and even VIOLATING our constitutional rights as US CITIZENS, LAWFUL GUN OWNERS, and LAW ABIDING INDIVIDUALS! The 2nd amendment GUARANTEES the RIGHTS and FREEDOM to keep and bear arms! To impose ANY SANCTIONS against that, is to violate the constitution, and ultimately to be in violation of FEDERAL LAW!!! ( As NY state ALREADY is on many of their gun control policies!!)

In the words of one of our founding fathers, who UNDERSTOOD the reasons men were given the right to keep and bear arms:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Thank you in this endeavor to VOTE DOWN the bill A03371.

Sincerely,

Mike Indelicato

I sent out about 8 copies to as many assemblymen as I could find in the region... Hopefully it will make a difference.. we will see.. how about sending similar to our senators and congressmen? or do we need to keep it with the assembly for now??

anyone??

:smoke:

I should be able to deny orders from the Army based on my constitutional rights...

Too bad it is a fact that as a uniformed Service member means that your rights are abridged...seriously......

UCMJ...is law.

whats that?

you didn't know USMC meant ....U Signed Muther-fuckin Contract

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor

I think its time the NYers look into a supreme court case.

if they want to say "oh the second amendmant applies to police and national guardsmen, the answer is "the laws as written apply to them then.

if they want to say "you can have guns but not this or that" we can say the same and also say that the laws are unconstitutional. this is ridiculous already here. I expected this to come up for vote.

i dont think that that part is ever going to pass, but I will tell you this. Im not sure what I will do if it does. If the government wishes to make me and everyone I know criminals, then I think maybe we should start acting the part...my county privately outguns the police and national guard man for man gun for gun no problem. i highly doubt they can pass it. it isnt going to sit with the people if it does.

removing all preban guns from NY isnt going to do shit. that is probably why the bill came up and was tossed last year. people that want to write the laws should know what the fuck they are talking about.

Hey New Yorkers- Here in Maryland where the politicians are of the same gungrabbing nature, we have an orginization called TRIPWIRE that monitors the statehouse and lets us know when stupid bills are introduced, we can usually get them killed in committie. A couple years ago there was a bill to ban ALL SEMI-AUTO GUNS. It was defeated by ONE vote, and that was a DEMOCRAT! (we have since re-elected that brave man!)

We need to be ORGINIZED, or the gungrabbers will pillage our rights one state at a time.

G O B

i point out what I last stated to you. they can make all the illegal laws they want to. if they want to pass that crap and make me and loads of others here criminals, whats to stop us from acting like one?

they have to put that stuff up for vote because people complain. I think the gun lobby here in NY needs to get together and do some complaining to the supreme court. people arent going to stand by and watch thier livelyhoods and personal freedoms be stripped from them because of what someone else did that was against the law.

remember the guy who had the pledge of alleigance changed? the gun laws are the same thing. and if they ARENT, someone better take them all from the cops and the national guard before the people decide enough is enough and take them away themselves.

i wonder how many times a day I would get arrested by a pissed off cop if i were to force THAT down the hypocrytical government's throats.

no thats called "i am in the army, and the civilian gun laws do not apply to me as such" ask your SIC what you can do about it. I am SURE you will see saigas in your next tour, so bringing your own wouldnt be such a bad idea.

no thats called "i am in the army, and the civilian gun laws do not apply to me as such" ask your SIC what you can do about it. I am SURE you will see saigas in your next tour, so bringing your own wouldnt be such a bad idea.

not trying to be a dick bvamp...but are you serious?

all of the laws apply to servicemembers...Provost Marshalls Offices aboard all US installations go by State Statutes...and no that is not different anywhere. Military wide. And as a rule. You sign a statemnet upon receipt of your "on base" housing that firearms are not present in your home....your rights are then "abridged"....which any servicemember should know anyway.

If you live off base.. fine....but servicemembers are no better off than anyone else. An OIC turning their eye about it in their armory is one thing....hes just an asswipe.... but you are still breaking the law/s.

Coming from CA, while a different state, and being an MP aboard base. I was instructed in laws aboard bases in the state of CA.

Whatever the stae law is governing you. That is what will hang above my head.

Army Soldier...or no.

So I guess....no bending of the Law in NY aside....What is "legal" there in NY with my converted pistol grip/non-folding stock(all us parts) Saiga-12 With 2, 5, and 8rd mags..all paperwork done through MN...not NY.?

dont let anybody know you have it? :) the pistol grip makes it an assault weapon in NY, and those evil things are ILLEGAL!! go figure. just lock it up in a closet and dont let people know you have it, until you are restationed soemwhere else down the road. some commanders give permission to carry personal weapons on duty, but its not the norm. you should check and see if you can use it as your duty weapon if you get the "entry man" job.

dont let anybody know you have it? :) the pistol grip makes it an assault weapon in NY, and those evil things are ILLEGAL!! go figure. just lock it up in a closet and dont let people know you have it, until you are restationed soemwhere else down the road. some commanders give permission to carry personal weapons on duty, but its not the norm. you should check and see if you can use it as your duty weapon if you get the "entry man" job.

illegal even if registered as assault weapon?

man............. :unsure:

I buy so many toys...my style is seriously gonna get cramped there...i hope i'm deployed right away...

move to KY when I get back. :unsure:

registered assault weapons are pre 1994 make only. preban and post ban apply in NY as of right now. I guess you need to print this out and read it while consuming a large amount of alcoholic beverage. this will ruin your day, so just print it and read it when you are ready for the bad news.....

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?cl=82&a=68

they cant seize shit. its against the constitution, and I think thats why it didnt pass the last two times they put it up for vote. I wont hand anything in. like i said, my price is $1,000,000 per weapon if they want them, otherwise they will have to kill me to take them. I guess I need to watch that bill, and take steps to protect myself, my property, and my freedom if it ever does pass...

Bvamp NEVER SAY NEVER. CA sezed weapons, and it has happened elsewhere.

I got my TRIPWIRE news today, there is a new incarnation of the bill to make all semi-auto weapons illegal- with authority to confiscate.- NO compensation. Just the blatently anti-american siezure of private property. Looks like I will be busy writing letters and sending e-mails again! (PS- if by some freak of politics the law DOES pass all my stuff will be in a storage locker out of state). I cannot wait to retire AND LEAVE THE GODFORSAKEN COMMUNIST STATE OF MARYLAND! A 200ft. tall tsunami would do the east coast a world of good!

G O B

GOB, I seriously doubt they will pay my 1,000,000$ price. Like I said, I will take steps so that they will have to kill me first. How I see it, is they will be violating part of what this country was founded upon, and doing so illegally, and in a facist way/pretense, so they will then be fair game for me. futher, they can seize whatever they want. they wont get it all :) I am taught since a kid to "save something for a rainy day" and I already did that years ago...

I have places I can go in other states with my firearms, but I shouldnt have to. If I cant vacate the state fast enough, I will put out a call to arms to the "unsavory" people that I know, and we will see what happens. Im sure in that case, it will make the papers.

In order to disarm just my county Im in, they will need to call in the marine corps to do so, as about 20% of all of this states guns reside in dutchess county, ny. and thats the REGISTERED gun count.....

you get a grace period to turn them in. I will use that to get my shit in gear and get out of dodge, or take the steps nessecary to defend my freedom from tyranny and fascism.

It CLEARLY STATES in the consitution my rights as a citizen to bear arms without infringement. Such a law would violate that priciple.

if the ATF isnt busy the moment the dealer calls and does the check right there, then you can walk out on the spot with it. otherwise you have to wait a couple of days for them to NOT call back and say you cant have it. there is a residency period here as well. I think it is 3 months? not too sure about that one.....lived here since I was born ten mins away from where I sit now.....

you can have the correct US parts count rifles, just not the shotguns with the pistol grips here. think AWB all over again and you will be safe.