TWO NEW FLASH HIDERS

Ok... I picked up a couple of the flash hiders for sale on ebay and GB... got them today... I know Gazza was looking at them... Figured I would post some pics of them on the guns... see what ya think of them... they were $40.00 EACH TOTAL... shipping was included in the price..They are BIG AND BEEFY... they seem to be VERY SOLID, fit perfectly BEFORE tightening down the set screws... all in all, I would say they seem to be of VERY DECENT QUALITY... I have *NOT* shot the guns with these on yet... so I cant say anymore about THAT... BUT.... when I do... I will post more HERE in this thread...

:smoke:

holes1.jpg

Edited by IndyArms

Guess great minds think alike. They will probly get enough emails about it to state that on the advert like they did on some of the others.

Maybe Indy will splurge and get one from Johnny too. I would like to see a flash comparison.

Shotfarce... :lolol::lolol::lolol:

I just recieved email from Veriforce and those are allum. That could be a good thing. Less weight. what do you guys think? I like the look better. I forgot to ask them about set screws and such. Since they are not steel I guess theres no way to weld them on? Tony rumore swears by red locktight.

Edited by Cobra 76 two

well im glad

that they turned out to NOT be plastic

i would have felt foolish for posting,

as ive seen the discussions about the plastic ones before

umm

i have another question to pose...

i would like to mount an AR15 flash hider

on my AMD65 kit

so i need to either come across an adapter

from 1/2 x 28 to 14mm LH

or

im wondering if anyone knows is it possible

to mill out the AR15 FH and retap it for 14mm LH

anyone?

The TWO I bought are aluminum... they are not very heavy... and mount with 8 set screws..

I will have to find someone to take a pic of me shooting in the dark....

ALso... I only got them cause they LOOK COOL... not to really HIDE THE FLASH...

although if they work as a muzzlebreak... and reduce recoil... thats just an ADDED BONUS!!

:smoke:

There are two problems I can see with aluminum, they may or may not affect you.

1. Aluminum is softer, so it won't stand up to installing/removing with the set screws; the aluminum threads could strip.

2. You can't heat the aluminum red-hot to silver-solder it on to make the barrel just over 18" INCLUDING the flash hider.