saiga 12 molle pouches

Bandolier showed up on Friday, so about 1 week after order placed. Good quality fabric and I think it'd do the job quite well. There are 4 8x shell pouches. Fabric compares well with other stuff I've gotten by way of MOLLE accessories and military surplus stuff. The fabric is very flexible and my first thought was that it'd be easy to hold other things in this if I wanted to. I also ordered a drum pouch for an MD Arms 20 drum. Same material with a bit extra padding. It's a little less wide than a MOLLE gas mask and deep enough to hold the drum. Pouches completely cover the mags.

I like this stuff. If you're looking for MOLLE accessories and are inclined to pick up a 4 mag bandolier, I'd recommend that you consider this. From a practical perspective, I think a dump pouch or drop leg carrier is going to be more practical for quickly reloading from a spent to full mag.

Eric, any chance of you snapping a few pics and posting them in this thread?

I am especially interested in seeing the drum pouch. I know he has pics on his site, but I would like to see a product that is delivered to the end customer.

Hi, you guys caught me on the way in to work... this might be the first time a necktie appears on the forum... here goes.

I'm having problems with MD Arms and so don't have my drum to actually show what it looks like in the pouch. Instead, I put a webcam box which is almost the exact same size as the 20 round drum. If you have a 30 rd drum, I think this bag is too small. I also put the drum pouch right next to a generic ACU gas mask bag for comparison. You should be able to see the bands along the back for attachment to either MOLLE or clip-based systems. You'd really have to squeeze a gas mask to get it into the drum pouch btw and probably drop the filter or put the filter somewhere else to get a fit. Again, sorry for not having the actual drum for comparison's sake. The dark earth bag is a military surplus gas mask bag.

The bandolier, when loaded up (didn't have time to grab my magazines), weighs comfortably and sits tight. By way of practical use, it doesn't fit tightly and so as you remove mags and weight, or if you only have 1 or 2 mags in, the bandolier will rotate so that the weight hangs by your hip... whatever the down position is. The mag pouches are the same pouches on the bandolier, but 2x 3x stitched onto the band so that they don't move around.

post-18067-1245064755_thumb.jpg post-18067-1245065132_thumb.jpg post-18067-1245064811_thumb.jpg

Edited by EricinMaryland
  • 3 months later...

I found an older pouch from a car emergency kit that is triangular in shape and it perfectly fits my MD-20 and two 5 rounders. Not the most attractive, with the reflective yellow triangle on one side, but hey, it works and it was free! It even has a loop on it so I can put it on my belt.

For my 10rndrs I just did a bit of stitching and lenghtened my Condor triple mag pouches. Let the bottoms out and sew on 3 sides and a new bottom, something to do in front of the TV, lol. I got a second triple mag set for my 5 and 8 rndrs and had to add some wide velcro to the flap of one pouch to hold both my 8rnd mags. works well and cost is low.