Cabela's is usually not the cheapest vendor around. However, they have 1,000 rounds of Wolf bulk military classic 7.62 x 39, with two free plastic ammo cases and shipping for $311.94 to my door. The base price of the ammo is $284.99 and the ammo cases are $14.95 a piece. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. (I had to order it! -- Just had to.)

WJ

Three days and the ammo is already here. That is pretty fast in my book. The "free" plastic ammo cases that came with the ammo are much nicer than I expected. They are nicer than the ones I had paid $19.99 for.

Overall, I think this was a pretty good deal.

WJ

Three days and the ammo is already here. That is pretty fast in my book. The "free" plastic ammo cases that came with the ammo are much nicer than I expected. They are nicer than the ones I had paid $19.99 for.

Overall, I think this was a pretty good deal.

WJ

How much was the shipping? the cheapest I seen was over the weekend at a gun show. 1000rds Wolf x39 out the door $300

As I recall, the ammo and two cases was $289.99, and the shipping was $21.95, for a total of $311.94. So, it was $11.94 more than the gun show. However, I was planning on buying at least one more ammo case, and with this deal, I got two more ammo cases for less than the price of one. So, for me it was a good deal. If you do not need the two ammo cases, then the extra $11.94 is a waste.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge
  • 2 weeks later...
As I recall, the ammo and two cases was $289.99, and the shipping was $21.95, for a total of $311.94. So, it was $11.94 more than the gun show. However, I was planning on buying at least one more ammo case, and with this deal, I got two more ammo cases for less than the price of one. So, for me it was a good deal. If you do not need the two ammo cases, then the extra $11.94 is a waste.

WJ

good luck ever getting it from them, was on 2 back order lists for months, repeatedly billed, and never got my ammo.... was just canceled by them eventually

+1 on the ammo case. its plastic, so id still prefer a USGI can, but they are very nice and the price is great.

My buddy ordered some .308 that was on backorder, waited a week after when they said it should be back in stock, called them and they substituted it for some . .308 they did have in stock, without adding the $20 price increase that should have gone with switching brands. Ive generally avoided chain stores, but since ive gotten into some black powder shooting, im pretty happy with how much stuf they keep in stock, and ill definately compare their prices now when looking for ammo, can never have too many ammo cans. (though you can have too little ammo to fill them all)

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the Cabela's in Hammond In. yesterday and their x39 had been restocked.They had Wolf Mil-Spec for 7.99 and a floor stack of the 1000 rd cans and also several other 20rd boxes by different companies.

I also hit the Crown Point show and was amazed at the prices they were asking,$329 plus for Wolf $8.00 a box if anything was in 20rd boxes. 100 rd 9mm value paks $40 and the Winchester 100 rd .45acp was $55.00 Old ammo from the late 70's at full retail prices boxes wore and fuzzy from storage and handling.

I have noticed in the Chicago/nw Indiana area the WalMarts have been getting Federal 9 and .45 in for 8.97 and 14.97 each and have seen the winchester vp coming back too. Ipicked up Win. 100 rd 9mm for 19.97 the other day and the clerk had no idea of any 5 box limit.

• 1 month later...

Wolf 7.62x39 122gr. FMJ currently on sale for $255 per 1000 with two ammo boxes (love those things). Not only that, but shipping is only $5 for orders over $150...good through 8/24. Seems like the deal to beat right now.

Ordered mine over the weekend and got 'em this morning. Cabelas is quick.

Thats getting back a little more towards a decent price. -_-

I'm hoping others will do as I am and keep holding out for a return back down to the $200 or less price range.

Not directing this at any particular person(s) but we need to resist the urge to brag or be happy? about new lower prices that are compared to the greedy, price gouging levels they were at a few months ago. Instead, just compare the alleged new "lower" price to the realistic prices that we had before this mania struck :wacko:

If people resume buying the large quantities at these still too high IMO prices then the companies will have absolutely no reason to continue lowering it back closer to where it was (and really should be IMO).

Please STOP buying the large quantities! Just get enough now for practice so that simply looking at their sales numbers will convince these capitalist pigs ;)

Cheers

HarvKY

• 3 weeks later...
Thats getting back a little more towards a decent price. -_-

I'm hoping others will do as I am and keep holding out for a return back down to the $200 or less price range.

Not directing this at any particular person(s) but we need to resist the urge to brag or be happy? about new lower prices that are compared to the greedy, price gouging levels they were at a few months ago. Instead, just compare the alleged new "lower" price to the realistic prices that we had before this mania struck :wacko:

If people resume buying the large quantities at these still too high IMO prices then the companies will have absolutely no reason to continue lowering it back closer to where it was (and really should be IMO).

Please STOP buying the large quantities! Just get enough now for practice so that simply looking at their sales numbers will convince these capitalist pigs ;)

Cheers

HarvKY

its a great and reasonable idea, but i cannot hold out to buy this. currently the cabellas deal is $235 shipped for 1000 rds and 2 storage boxes. as i agree this is a high price, this price crushes the local "sales" at GM or DSG of $8 for 20. cabellas - .23 per round, others = .40 per round. close to 50% off, so for my new rifle i need at least 1000rds to have, but till prices drop, no more for me. but, you again have to think till this whole survival panic calms down with tv stations and movies about the 2012 BS, dont expect to see too much lower then this deal.