My folks lost their dog this morning. Had to have her put down. :( Her name was Little Girl. My DIL came by yesterday to check on her. Did some blood work. Her kidneys and liver were failing. My folks are out of town but didn't want to see her suffer so my ex took her in and Vanessa was there with her when she left this world. I'm not sure how old she was but I had the pleasure of knowing her for 13 years. She was a great dog and will be sorely missed by many.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Wow Will. That was beautiful.

My heartfelt condolences to you Racegal.

Sorry race girl. I know what you are going through. We had a 2 lb tumor removed from my dog today. They had to take out the entire spleen. I pray its not cancer and didnt spread before they got it out. Its so hard to lose a good dog, and go through the whole process. My thoughts are with you.

Racegirl my condolences... funny how attached you get to animals... My girlfriend just bought a lil pup for the house and within the last 4 months ive grown so attached to him.... He's my lil buddy, i dont want to ever imagine losing him... prayers to you and your fam...

That really sucks Racegal. I really don't think there is anything worse than losing a dog. It may sound weird, but mine are closer to me than my family members, because I'm with them a lot more. They ask for so little, and give so much in return.

Racegal,

I am very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers your way to you and your family.

Will,

That was an awesome story. You may not have created it, but you can take credit for posting it here.

Racegal,

My heart goes out to you and the difficult decision you had to make. Our pets always become members of the family and their loss has deep impact on the emotional state of the survivors.

nyclu3

Yesterday was pretty rough. Kinda felt blindsided. It's a little better today. I cried hard yesterday when I looked and I didn't have a pic of her in my puter. But I went through all my 'hard copies' and found quite a few. The one on the left was, who I refer to as 'Lil Girl' and the one on the right is Tiarella and I call her 'Miss T'. This is the fourth dog I've lost in my life and it just doesn't ever get any easier.

And BroCobraJet, losing a child is worse. Just ask my parents. :( But I know what you're sayin'.

post-5613-1245373321_thumb.jpg

Yesterday was pretty rough. Kinda felt blindsided. It's a little better today. I cried hard yesterday when I looked and I didn't have a pic of her in my puter. But I went through all my 'hard copies' and found quite a few. The one on the left was, who I refer to as 'Lil Girl' and the one on the right is Tiarella and I call her 'Miss T'. This is the fourth dog I've lost in my life and it just doesn't ever get any easier.

And BroCobraJet, losing a child is worse. Just ask my parents. :( But I know what you're sayin'.

post-5613-1245373321_thumb.jpg

I lost a really great pup Peanut not too long ago and I still cry. Harder on me than losing my Mom. I got a replacement after 2 weeks in a quite home (pissed my wife off). Now I have Izzie, a 50lb white with black patch over eye pointer/terrier mix whom is very dear to me and is almost over her very destructive puppy days.

My wife thinks I am fonder of Izzie more than her and I am.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I have ofton said that the only problem with dogs are that they don't live long enough. It just seems unfair. They are always happy to see you and happy to give you love and affection. The one thing that has always made me feel better about losing a dog is to remind myself that I made them part of my family and gave them a good home amd a good life. I have three dogs right now that, and I don't mind saying, I love very much............My favorite bumper sticker "Lord make me the kind of man that my dog believes me to be" Always makes me smile..........Ed