The last time somone asked this was last week

5.45x39 Saigas? - Saiga-12.com

Give me a better bone to chew on.

Ive already Google-Foo'ed this to death before I posted this thread

Got anything specific about last week>?

Same answer as the week before, and the month before. . .

They are on the boat / in the customs warehouse here and should be released to the public at any time.

The last time somone asked this was last week

5.45x39 Saigas? - Saiga-12.com

Give me a better bone to chew on.

Ive already Google-Foo'ed this to death before I posted this thread

Got anything specific about last week>?

Same answer as the week before, and the month before. . .

They are on the boat / in the customs warehouse here and should be released to the public at any time.

Thanks for that info

What I was told about two weeks ago is that they will be released in approximately two months. I am anxiously awaiting their release.

Are there any dealers with waiting lists yet?

Fed Depot: Various people on various threads have talked about these for years. No dealers have waiting lists, because the product is not confirmed by any official sources. All people get when they call the importer is vague promises of "maybe sometime soon".

Kymasabe: I'd hold off on buying 6k rounds of 5.45x39 and focus on the important things in life.... like accumulating 7.62x39 ammunition.

What I was told about two weeks ago is that they will be released in approximately two months. I am anxiously awaiting their release.

Fed Depot: Various people on various threads have talked about these for years. No dealers have waiting lists, because the product is not confirmed by any official sources. All people get when they call the importer is vague promises of "maybe sometime soon".

Kymasabe: I'd hold off on buying 6k rounds of 5.45x39 and focus on the important things in life.... like accumulating 7.62x39 ammunition.

buy both, there are plenty of good cheap 74 rifles around, Tenn Guns makes a good Bulgarian, sportsman has 5.45 cheap again, with buyers club and coupon, about 150 delivered for 1080 rounds

Edited by jeepranch

As much as I'd like a 5.45 too, the 7.62x39 has more thump and is reloadable. I have IMI annealed brass, LEE dies, .308s will work, .310s are the best, and LEE cast .312 160s with 16 grains of 2400 will work the action and can be cast with wheel weights and or Linotype at about 1600 fps without gas checks. Some folks load the hardened steel 7.62x54R AP rounds, too. My WASR won;'t buldge case mouths like my Saiga, either.

Put me down for one.... I know Max wants one as well, Tom....I can sell all twelve tonight, prolly, Tom. I do hope we are getting more than that.....

The secret's out!!! Its NOT a rumor folks.....

The end price FYI, will most likely be whatever MSRP is that RAAC sets on these, just so that you all know....and, we do not know exactly what that is, as of yet, as Tom said above......

Yeah I noticed a lot of disinformation when I was researching this topic using my Google-Fu

I also noticed that the 7.62X54R version has a lot of spotted info as well. It would be nice to have the Russian real deal

Yeah I noticed a lot of disinformation when I was researching this topic using my Google-Fu

I also noticed that the 7.62X54R version has a lot of spotted info as well. It would be nice to have the Russian real deal

Agreed. Ill believe this when I see it listed on RAA's webpage. VanKiller is in the loop, so maybe it will happen. Than again I tend to follow Reagan's theory: "Trust but verify".... :smoke:

Count me in. I want one. I wanna be the first kid on my block with a 5.45 Saiga !!

I hope Dinzag's .223 bullet guides will work. I should probably order one .223 and one 7.62 guide now so I don't have to wait too long when the gun arrives.

Will these all be 16" or will they be doing 20" barrels too?

we dont know yet.

the Russians asked RAAC, RAAC said yes, RAAC had to fill out import paperwork, once that went in, then Russia started to make them, and we are only waiting for them to arrive, really.

when more detailed info becomes available, the public will be made aware of it.

...stay tuned...

The 5.45 is coming soon. After the 4th of July we will start a Special Order listing, With a $100 deposit on the first 1 dozen of these guns. The price is not yet nailed down......Tom

Will this special order listing be by Pm, email, or reply post? I must have one of these rifles!