The Thumbhole Saigas are here!

I own one.

It shoots great. With Federal Match 175s i can get 1-1.25" groups @ 100yards ALL DAY. and yes, that means ALL DAY.

With cheaper stuff that's still good brass cased ammo, it shoots 1.5-2"

And with Brown bear shitty steel cased it shoots 6-8" YES, SIX to EIGHT. :angry:

Hey SN, what's the twist rate on your barrel? Does the V.21 have a different barrel than the "standard" .308? Also, do standard stocks fit that receiver, or are you locked into the one it comes with?

Oh, and have you ever tried the 168gr Sierra Match Kings? How's the accuracy there?

I think it's the same except you get one that's already in Pistol-Grip setup... but you're kinda stuck with the stock. I wanted a Thumbhole anyway so I never thought twice about it.

The 168s shoot well too, but It likes the 175s better... 1:12 twist i think? Something close to that.

Hey SN, what's the twist rate on your barrel? Does the V.21 have a different barrel than the "standard" .308? Also, do standard stocks fit that receiver, or are you locked into the one it comes with?

Oh, and have you ever tried the 168gr Sierra Match Kings? How's the accuracy there?

21s have slant cut receiver and correct placement of trigger group just like VEPRs. I think Ace has a VEPR internal block. It might fit 21, but I am seriously not sure.

I had a short period of time where I had a demo 308 thumbhole and veper 308 thumbhole side by side, and I really gotta say that they do appear to be able to accept the vepr aftermarket parts, if you can find them....

How does the trigger compare to the standard .308. What can I do to make it compliant for high caps? Can you change out the stock? I've tried the search function, but I'm a little confused. From what I've read the conversion would be more custom than a standard .308.

I don't even have my s-12, I am waiting from one from Cadiz, I can't wait! But I'm contemplating a .308. I just don know which one to get 19, 21 or thumb-hole?

This Saiga stuff is addictive.

How does the trigger compare to the standard .308. What can I do to make it compliant for high caps? Can you change out the stock? I've tried the search function, but I'm a little confused. From what I've read the conversion would be more custom than a standard .308.

I don't even have my s-12, I am waiting from one from Cadiz, I can't wait! But I'm contemplating a .308. I just don know which one to get 19, 21 or thumb-hole?

It's a regular AK, so you can swap out FCG - as you can see from pictures - no conversion for this is needed. Read the top of the thread on the stock change. The handguards can be swapped out as with any other saiga rifle - need 308 handguard retainer from Dinzag.

It's a regular AK, so you can swap out FCG - as you can see from pictures - no conversion for this is needed. Read the top of the thread on the stock change. The handguards can be swapped out as with any other saiga rifle - need 308 handguard retainer from Dinzag.

Thanks for the information. I think I buy a non thumbhole .308. I did a little more reading and cleared up some of my confusion. Thanks again...

Went to the Richmond,VA gunshow today and one of the local dealers from Lynchburg was there and Had one of these brand new in the box. It's a sexy rifle, think I might get one soon.

Do you remember the price? Would be very interesting to know.

It essentially "includes" conversion, so if it's same price or even close to the regular 20" it's a bargain!

Went to the Richmond,VA gunshow today and one of the local dealers from Lynchburg was there and Had one of these brand new in the box. It's a sexy rifle, think I might get one soon.

It essentially "includes" conversion, so if it's same price or even close to regular 20" it's a bargain!

I paid $659 and he gave me a surfire 25 round magazine free. No 3% surcharge for using a credit card.

It essentially "includes" conversion, so if it's same price or even close to regular 20" it's a bargain!

I paid $659 and he gave me a surfire 25 round magazine free. No 3% surcharge for using a credit card.

Cool, so with the 25-rounder costing over $50, we are talking even $600. So they are charging extra $100 for the "proper" FCG and trigger guard placement. And if one wants to swap out the thumbhole stock for the regular AK stuff, ACE block is $40. Although that wooden stock looks darn good to me, so I would leave it well alone. I would just swap out the FCG so I could use higher capacity mags.

I was under the impression that they debuted, out not many people bought or liked them, so they quit importing them.

I have a .308 and a x39 with factory wood thumbhole stock and they rock! Fantastic, The X 39 is also a Saiga M version.

Don't think any more will be imported, so if you see one for sale,... BUY IT!

I could be wrong though,,.

Cool, so with the 25-rounder costing over $50, we are talking even $600. So they are charging extra $100 for the "proper" FCG and trigger guard placement. And if one wants to swap out the thumbhole stock for the regular AK stuff, ACE block is $40. Although that wooden stock looks darn good to me, so I would leave it well alone. I would just swap out the FCG so I could use higher capacity mags.

I was thinking about buying a Saiga and convert it. Another vendor has a 7.62 x 39 with an original (ulgly and too long for me) for $349. I also saw a saiga 308 with a skeletonized stock for $600 (or $650). I bought the wood version because it feel good balance (more beautiful in my eyes and also better deal).

If I could have bought it, I would have. The wood furniture is pretty nice. The thumbhole was kinda small but seemed fairly comfortable just shouldering it. I am going to buy this next! Will keep checking for better deals but The guys fromMC leather & Sporting goods {the Lynchburg/Madison Heights Dealers} weren't too bad on price. $650-ish with "free" surefire mag.