is this real russian kobra?

I saw a site somewhere, (can't seem to find it now) that pointed out the subtle differences between the clone and the real deal. Something to do with setting knobs being different if I'm remembering right.

As far as the PKAS-V I've been looking high and low for one. The guys at EastWave Optics told me it was back ordered, but they didn't expect any more to come from the factory as it had been discontinued. Don't know if thats legit or not...

I saw a site somewhere, (can't seem to find it now) that pointed out the subtle differences between the clone and the real deal. Something to do with setting knobs being different if I'm remembering right.

As far as the PKAS-V I've been looking high and low for one. The guys at EastWave Optics told me it was back ordered, but they didn't expect any more to come from the factory as it had been discontinued. Don't know if thats legit or not...

They are hard to find, but worth the search. You can find them on gunbroker and in forums occasionally. Be ready to spend close to $330+ for the V and $220+ for the W.

I own the V, and its the $hit! :smoke:

tantal is out of stock for the Kobra's and out of the pk-as-v. They do have a couple pk-as-v for order but the red dot doesnt work they are going for under $200.00 I'll wait to get a fully functional optic...... If they are ever in stock again.

Ive ordered russian optics from www.rugift.com/ with great success, (if no batteries) in the past.

Man, the price for a Kobra on that site is nothing short of rape!!! :ded:

Yeah, i didnt check the price, i just thought id mention it as a site that carries optics and isnt just one of the hundreds of scam and reseller sights you get when you google it, its sometimes hard to to tell. I ordered POSP scopes from them, and they were decently priced, and more importantly had the reticule i wanted in stock when no one else had one.

Some people prefer the Kobra because it has many different settings of dot styles. I don't believe the PK has this. The PK is good because it is one of the only AK red dots I know of that still has a black dot when the battery runs out so that your not S*&T out of luck. I personally like the Kobra though because it mounts lower. Larue tactical also makes a red dot for AK that replaces your rear sight. It looks pretty sleek but you will not be using your side rail. I want to take advantage of my side rail so I prefer the Kobra. I'm waiting for Kalinka to get more in because they look like a reputable business. they always return my emails in a timely manner.

Edited by naveed