Chaos extended Quad Rail!

this is a shotgun rail, to the above poster. However I do agree that Mr Cam should explore the rifles, as well.

This is the best rail for this shotgun. (If any other rail manufacturers would like me to reverse this comment, feel free to contact me and send a demo part to me with return postage for me to compare)

I am seriously tossing around the idea proposed to me by another member here, that offered to give it the "special SWAT treatment". I think ill take him up on the offer......regardless of how my demo unit comes back....

Cam, I do think that you should have a very limited billet run once in a while, when orders for them stack up. Some users out there DEMAND it. Loan me one of your new extruded ones to mail around to demo to the guys I picked, and let's see what they all think. Ill return it with the paperwork Ill include to be filled out to you when the demo mailing is done. stupid question, ahead of time, do you have the tooling to make these from steel as well? I know the weight and price would be hellacious, but Im just wondering if you can do that, too.....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How hard is the quad rail (advertised as the 4th of july sale) to mount in place of the standard forearm?? Does it have to be "beat into place" Thanks ans sorry for the knucklehead question.

I recently installed mine (just look earlier in the thread) it was simple. You just remove the sling screw in the front of the forend. it slide out and the bottom tri rail fits into place just as the old forend did. Then all you do is put some locktite on the screw and put it back in its original location. Then it's just 4 allen head screws for the top rail. You don't have to beat on anything.

I think ill take him up on the offer......regardless of how my demo unit comes back....

I know that I am interested in one of these rails.. :blush: Getting ready to start on the other S12 in a few weeks for some hard use and abuse.

Edited by GeorgiaPD
this is a shotgun rail, to the above poster. However I do agree that Mr Cam should explore the rifles, as well.

This is the best rail for this shotgun. (If any other rail manufacturers would like me to reverse this comment, feel free to contact me and send a demo part to me with return postage for me to compare)

I am seriously tossing around the idea proposed to me by another member here, that offered to give it the "special SWAT treatment". I think ill take him up on the offer......regardless of how my demo unit comes back....

Cam, I do think that you should have a very limited billet run once in a while, when orders for them stack up. Some users out there DEMAND it. Loan me one of your new extruded ones to mail around to demo to the guys I picked, and let's see what they all think. Ill return it with the paperwork Ill include to be filled out to you when the demo mailing is done. stupid question, ahead of time, do you have the tooling to make these from steel as well? I know the weight and price would be hellacious, but Im just wondering if you can do that, too.....

I don't foresee making any out of steel; it would really heavy and pricey.

but if you did, what would you think the cost to be?

obivously, you know what im suggesting..... :)

I am not asking if your rail is cheap in that spec, only if you can do it. Just make it softer than the barrel :)

But I do think that you already "got it" in the billet rails. your extruded rails look be be 98% percent of the billet rails, so.....well, just a bunch of wind, Mr Cam. Tossing that out there for you, though.

Cameron,

I have a couple of questions for you about both of your Quad rails, regarding another part. I just purchased the following from CSS.

guntec_thumb.jpg

1. Will the Quad rail with the extended rail interfere with the top rail of this add-on?

if so

2. Will your original quad rail leave a gap between itself and this add-on?

Thanks.

Edited by Bridis
Cameron,

I have a couple of questions for you about both of your Quad rails, regarding another part. I just purchased the following from CSS.

guntec_thumb.jpg

1. Will the Quad rail with the extended rail interfere with the top rail of this add-on?

if so

Thanks.

You would have to give cameron measurements of that piece and where it sits on your S-12 for him to answer that question.

Myself i wouldn't worry about it that much, the rail on those mounts are usualy removable and are easily cut with simple tools. I fliped the rail around and choped some off on my GunTech mount I bought from CSS(its on my S-12 holding my kobra). Worst case scenario you could buy a blank rail and drill it to mount on that for whatever length you wanted.

Cameron,

guntec_thumb.jpg

if so

Thanks.

They extend 4.7 from the front of the receiver back. hope this helps, sorry for the delay.

Thanks for the response... I got the part today (man is CSS fast). But I was a little disappointed. The top rail doesn't sit snug/close to the top of the gun. The attachment is advertised as a "low profile" mount, so I thought that it would be different than the other ones I've seen. Oh well. I'll just wait for your extend rail version to come out, buy it and take this other thing off and sell it. I can only hope that you can offer a great deal on it too.

If your quad looks and fits the gun like this picture. (BTW, this quad looks awesome.)

longrail2.jpg

And the rail actually wraps around the gun to where it doesn't look like it's hovering over the gun, I'll buy it for sure. :up:

I like my upgrades to look like they are a part of the gun.

Edited by Bridis

The pics I've seen are of the AK scope mount rail with a rail on the side and a rail on the top. The one I bought only has a top mount rail. Besides, I don't think Cameron has the scope mount rail that I have. Because the one I have came with a bright and shiny MADE IN CHINA sticker on it. <_<

Edited by Bridis
The pics I've seen are of the AK scope mount rail with a rail on the side and a rail on the top. The one I bought only has a top mount rail. Besides, I don't think Cameron has the scope mount rail that I have. Because the one I have came with a bright and shiny MADE IN CHINA sticker on it. <_<

My point is, our top rail is as low as its gets without screwing it to the gun. This rail your referring to is not for saiga 12, right!

100_0951.jpg

I've spoke about several "rail systems" in this thread and I'm afraid that I'm not describing things correctly.

I just bought an AK47 scope mount top rail. It slides over the scope mount on the side of the gun and has a quick release lever that allows it to be remove. Furthermore, I wasn't too thrilled with the way it looked because the top rail does not sit firmly on the top of the gun. It kind of hovers over it.

I like the look of your forend quad rail because it seems to blends into the gun. In other words, the top rail doesn't look like its hovering over the gun. It looks like the sides of the top rail come completely around the gas system and meet with the bottom part of the rail. So the only gap you'll see between the bottom of the rail and the top of the gun is the one that is visible when you look down the gun sights.

If I've assumed correcty, your new extended quad rail system will look fantastic on an S12 and you'll have come up with the perfect quad rail, according to me. :D

Edited by Bridis

I just ordered a competitor's rail and now I see this, dam. But cammeron it still does not completely suit my needs. I need one that will work on an 8" sbs with hk sights and is extended. I'm sure I'll be able to resell the other one once their introductory offer expires.

I've spoke about several "rail systems" in this thread and I'm afraid that I'm not describing things correctly.

I just bought an AK47 scope mount top rail. It slides over the scope mount on the side of the gun and has a quick release lever that allows it to be remove. Furthermore, I wasn't too thrilled with the way it looked because the top rail does not sit firmly on the top of the gun. It kind of hovers over it.

I like the look of your forend quad rail because it seems to blends into the gun. In other words, the top rail doesn't look like its hovering over the gun. It looks like the sides of the top rail come completely around the gas system and meet with the bottom part of the rail. So the only gap you'll see between the bottom of the rail and the top of the gun is the one that is visible when you look down the gun sights.

If I've assumed correcty, your new extended quad rail system will look fantastic on an S12 and you'll have come up with the perfect quad rail, according to me. :D

I understand what your saying now, and with our rail system you will be able to upgrade to the extended version with out having to purchase a whole new platform. :super:

Any guesses on when you'll have your first production run done? I've still got a little of my Obama stimulus check (ha!) left over and i'm all stimulated. I'm not trying to rush you, please don't think so, i just want to make sure i've set aside some cash on the first day they're available. I'm sure you're busy with your new extrusion process, the 4th sale, you're new hk rail's, and now producing a longer rail for the top. I can wait as long as it takes, but if you could ball park it that would be great!

vk.

I mentioned it in the other chaos thread, but it was never acknowledged.

How about making an extended rail that goes the entire way back and uses the screw of the stock tang as a secondary support to firm up the rail? That would give one helluza sight raduis and provide stability for rough handling.

I mentioned it in the other chaos thread, but it was never acknowledged.

How about making an extended rail that goes the entire way back and uses the screw of the stock tang as a secondary support to firm up the rail? That would give one helluza sight raduis and provide stability for rough handling.

A rail that extended all the way back would not be cost effective to make IMO, and we hoping to our new extended version top rail out in couple months.

well, plus there is the matter of if you will require the end user to remove the rear sight leaf, as well. On a number of the guns, that rear sight WONT budge before the lip of the gas tube that holds it to the front trunion may break if you have one that Ivan took a sledge to to get in. If it must be removed, and you are switching the the extended rail, I would suggest Mr Cam take a serious look at suggesting to customers to cut the rear in half sideways, to get it out.

How hard is the quad rail (advertised as the 4th of july sale) to mount in place of the standard forearm?? Does it have to be "beat into place" Thanks ans sorry for the knucklehead question.

I recently installed mine (just look earlier in the thread) it was simple. You just remove the sling screw in the front of the forend. it slide out and the bottom tri rail fits into place just as the old forend did. Then all you do is put some locktite on the screw and put it back in its original location. Then it's just 4 allen head screws for the top rail. You don't have to beat on anything.

Do you have to remove the iron sights on this first quad rail? Thanks