Anyone seen the arsenal-assembed Saiga 5.45x39?

• 2 weeks later...
$1100 on K-VAR's site.

Wow!

I could buy a used 223 Saiga and a sidefolder AK74 Bulgarian parts kit and all of the compliance parts for less than that!

Hell I could buy a 223 Saiga and a Krinkov parts kit for an extra $150!

Holy crap those gougers are out of their ever loving minds and their work is hit or miss to boot.

I can't wait until the REAL Saiga 5.45s come in so our clique can start converting them on their own for 1/2 the money.

Anyone got an ETA on the Saiga-22? That is what has me foaming at the mouth these days.

Projected retail price on 5,45 saigas I belive was $550 on the gun store shelf. add in new FSB [$70], muzzle brake [$30 on up], lower handguards retainer [$12], handguards [$70], new gas tube [$30], rear sight leaf [$20], trigger guard [$20], fire control group [$30], bullet guide [$5], stock [$30], pistol grip [$5], p-grip nut and screw [$10], a refinish, and don't fogerget 922r. Also factor in what is your time worth?

You know what? I'll pay the extra $50 and and hve my gun look professional instead of like a gun that's been ahcked apart in my grage... which is what it would be. Now I supposse yo cna cut all kinds of corners - use the cheapest USA parts that don;t work as well, reuse the existing triggerguard, etc etc etc. But then you're not comparing apple to apples.

Me? I'm not cheap. Quality over quantity.

Sometimes I think if these guns were $2K you'd see 4/5 of the membership leave because of it.

Projected retail price on 5,45 saigas I belive was $550 on the gun store shelf. add in new FSB [$70], muzzle brake [$30 on up], lower handguards retainer [$12], handguards [$70], new gas tube [$30], rear sight leaf [$20], trigger guard [$20], fire control group [$30], bullet guide [$5], stock [$30], pistol grip [$5], p-grip nut and screw [$10], a refinish, and don't fogerget 922r. Also factor in what is your time worth?

You know what? I'll pay the extra $50 and and hve my gun look professional instead of like a gun that's been ahcked apart in my grage... which is what it would be. Now I supposse yo cna cut all kinds of corners - use the cheapest USA parts that don;t work as well, reuse the existing triggerguard, etc etc etc. But then you're not comparing apple to apples.

Sometimes I think if these guns were $2K you'd see 4/5 of the membership leave because of it.

I've got one of Arse-Anals $1400 tub of crap rifles and I wish to hell I'd just bought a 7.62x39 Krink kit and a dimpled Saiga and built one myself in my garage with my hydraulic press because it certainly could be any worse than letting those ass clowns beat on it with a hammer in Las Vegas..

I'll be "rolling my own" for quality not for price

I've got one of Arse-Anals $1400 tub of crap rifles and I wish to hell I'd just bought a 7.62x39 Krink kit and a dimpled Saiga and built one myself in my garage with my hydraulic press because it certainly could be any worse than letting those ass clowns beat on it with a hammer in Las Vegas..

I'll be "rolling my own" for quality not for price

As I often say, 'home conversions' are usually "high quality" (even if the converter never has done one before) because the owner wants to do a good job.

When is the last time you've seen a 'home converter' use glue to hold critical parts in place?

If you're talking about the sporter saigas being $2K and the majority of the people here leaving, you're god damn right they would. That's half the beauty of the platform, that it's cheap, and you can do the work yourself.

Projected retail price on 5,45 saigas I belive was $550 on the gun store shelf.

where are you getting that figure? I'd guess these are going to retail in the 400$ range.

They will probably be $400 or less, maybe a little more when they first drop. MSRP is usually a bit higher than what things actually sell for. They may be $550 when they first come out, but it will come down.

If you're talking about the sporter saigas being $2K and the majority of the people here leaving, you're god damn right they would. That's half the beauty of the platform, that it's cheap, and you can do the work yourself.

Projected retail price on 5,45 saigas I belive was $550 on the gun store shelf.

where are you getting that figure? I'd guess these are going to retail in the 400$ range.

They will probably be $400 or less, maybe a little more when they first drop. MSRP is usually a bit higher than what things actually sell for. They may be $550 when they first come out, but it will come down.

They're going for $369.99 in the latest Centerfire Systems catalog.